• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    We've already got an active thread on whether you might wait for the third game or not here, so continue on in this thread. :)

Years
    I wish I could get both just so I can get the houndour but thats like the only pokemon I want. Other then that I'm going to get white.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have a Japanese White and I'll get an English Black. As for the third game, I might get an English and Japanese copy, since they're the best games for storage, but at the same time, they're the best games for playing through over and over. So I'd essentially have the best of both worlds.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Honestly, deciding whether to get Black or White when they come out in English is going to b hard for me. I mean, I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, so I should probably get Pokemon Black. However, I like White Forest and the version exclusives in Pokemon White more than the ones in Pokemon Black. I'm actually thinking about getting both, but I'm not sure yet.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I went with Japanese White, but only because I'm going to buy Black in the US once it's released, and that'll be my main version.

I'll be picking up the third game if it has enough new features, and it damn better, considering how lackluster the games are in a few certain areas.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I will be getting Pokemon White. This is because I think Zekrom is waaay better than Reshiram, and then I'll get the third one, for the new features it will have, and bigger pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2010
    I want both but will probably end up getting Black. One of the reasons for that is cause there is a pokemon in the black version that you can't get in the white...and I want it (Gothiruselle)

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years

★ Which game are you getting and why?
    ★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
    ★ If you're getting both, why?
    ★ Or are you waiting for the third game?

I'm going to get Pokemon Black (:

I've not got one of the games yet. I'm waiting for the Australian version.

I'm not getting both.

I will try and buy the third game. (if there is one?)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Lets see....

I'm getting pokemon White because of the exclusives. Like the white forest; I always prefer catching pokemon and raising them rather than battling strong ones. Also, cause of Zekrom; I kind of like that one better. For me, Triple Battles are more interesting than rotation battles, so I'm looking forward to that too. And lastly, cause I love Iris. ^^ So it'd be cool to battler her. XP

The only thing I would be regretting if I get White is simply that I won't get the exclusive pokemon from black; like Reshiram, Erufuun, etc. I might get both to check out the Black City and the pokemon; just like why I chose to get both: Ruby and Sapphire. Mmm, if there's a third game, I'll get that too. Maybe it'll be like Platinum and both Legendaries are involved and there's a third? Well see if there is a third game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'll be getting both but Black will be my main game since I feel like it suits me better and I like Black City way more than White Forest.

Years
    I've decided on Black. Reasons: I like Reshiram more than Zekrom ,the idea of having a robotic dragon legendary gives me the creeps. IMO Black City is a far better choice than White Forest cos who needs previous Gen Pokemon when you can roll with the new cooler ones? And besides, training is much more important than catching Pokemon. Anyways, I'm more of a technology person than a nature being. I don't really like 100% female Pokemon like Churine cos I rather catch Pokemon for my own gender, don't ask me why, I don't know either. I really hope that there won't be a 3rd game like Platinum cos to me, it shows that Nintendo just want to dump the 1st 2 games for a so-called better 3rd game, but if they do come out and is better and nice, I'll get it but my main priority is Black. And the name Gray sounds kinda lowly and lame for a version name. I mean, Gray version? Really doesn't click. >.< Black and White names really stick to the theme of Yin and Yang and balance in the world. Gray seems to make the whole game dull and monotonous. Another reason why i chose Black is because my friend is getting White so we can get what we don't have by trading with one another. ^^ But a few regrets, I really want Yuniran over Gochi-whatsit'sname but as my desire for BLack overpowers mine for White, I'm sticking with Black and anyway, my friend is gonna trade that to me, hehe. And yeah, that's all, I don't thnk there's any difference between both games other than the exclusive Pokemon so there's not much to fuss about.

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
    I'll be getting White first, probably wait until ( if) they make a third, buy that and then buy Black since it will be a bit cheaper then xd.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I'll be getting White, because it has Rankurusu and Wargle, but then I'll get Black when the price drops, and by that time the third game will be out, so I'll get that too. x3

Back