• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They can make Kyurem only obtained after the elite four, or make Lacunosa town accessible
    before the elite four, Also we still don't know every thing about Kyurem, like Giratina in D/P
    there was a slight information about it, but in platinum, its full story and the origin form was revealed.

Full story came before Platinum with Giratina's movie. Which came out before Platinum. So far the movie for Kyurem seems to have more to do with the Musketeers than Kyurem. Kyurem just seems to be the main antagonist.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Full story came before Platinum with Giratina's movie. Which came out before Platinum. So far the movie for Kyurem seems to have more to do with the Musketeers than Kyurem. Kyurem just seems to be the main antagonist.
    They will probably reveal the full story of the Musketeers and Kyurem, if not Kyurem I think the R/S remakes will come this year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Actually in RS Rayquaza was never stated as stopping the battle between the other two...that was added later in Emerald. Also in DP Giratina had no connection to the other two besides looks...
    For the past two generations the third mascot's only relation to the other two have been looks...that's what makes me think it'll be Kyurem as he looks the most like the others, plus he also happens to be captured post story in secluded areas like Ray and Gira (well Landorus is too, he's my second guess after Kyu). Also they all happen to be dragon typed, since Ray in Emerald all the mascots have been dragon...but that might just be unintenional...
    Also Kyurem completes the fire-lightning-ice trio commonly found in video games.
    Also Kyurem completes the theme of this gen which every third version mascot has completed
    gen 1- Fire,Grass, Water (jp)
    gen 2- Sun-Moon-and Star theme
    gen 3- Land-Sea-Sky
    gen 4- Time-space-Antimatter
    gen 5- Fire-Lightning and Ice/ Yin-Yang-Wuji
    Also there is no set ten anniversity pattern for remakes, Fr/Lg were remade in less than ten years after R/g release. While Hg/Ss were remade 10. For all we know Rs remakes might not come out until 2013 (in jp), the tenth ann of it's worldwide release...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Yes, Bulbapedia DOES post fan supported material. Boundary can also refer to Kyurem's territorial behavior. Boundary doesn't mean its Wuji. The creators of Pokemon would have named it the Wuji Pokemon Just as Reshiram and Zekrom are the White Yin and Black Yang Pokemon.

Canon there is no proof to relation.

I checked English and Japanese species names.
    They never named Reshiram's and Zekrom's species yin and yang even though they are based on yin and yang. In English they are Vast White and Deep Black. In Japanese they are White Poplar Pokemon and Stamped Pokemon. I was using translator, so those name could be not translated 100% properly, but the point is that words yin and yang weren't used.
    The most interesting is Japanese Kyurem's species name. It was translated to be Association Pokemon. What could that mean? Imo it's obvious hint into Reshiram's and Zekrom's energy association in one Kyurem's form.

This is Kyurem's page translated with Google. Pokemon species is translated as "classification".

https://translate.google.com/transl...5%E3%83%AC%E3%83%A0&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns

Last edited:

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    Kyurem - obvious.

But the name?
    Well, I'd really want them to give a name that is NOT Grey.. Grey is way too obvious.
    Transparent? Ok, that's lame xD.. but I really hope they give us something more creative than just Grey >.>

Years
    Well it is plain but so are Black and White...I remember there being people who weren't so fond of 'Black and white' but now they're used to it...so whatever the title we will get used to it...
    The most likely candidates in my opinon for the third version name are:
    Chrome (maybe Chromium if they go for metals again)
    Grey
    and Crimson
    If it's not Kyurem then
    Grey or Colbolt for colbalian
    and Brown for Landorus.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Kyurem - obvious.

But the name?
    Well, I'd really want them to give a name that is NOT Grey.. Grey is way too obvious.
    Transparent? Ok, that's lame xD.. but I really hope they give us something more creative than just Grey >.>

I wouldn't worry too much. I think Game Freak is kind of known for being creative with game names and subverting expectations (Pokemon Opal anyone?). I really don't think Gray is going to be the name of the third game because they've literally never gone with a combination of the two games before it. The closest they've done is Emerald, and that's just because it was a stone as well as Ruby and Sapphire, but if we're going by that logic it could be any color ever because they would match just as well.

Well it is plain but so are Black and White...I remember there being people who weren't so fond of 'Black and white' but now they're used to it...so whatever the title we will get used to it...
    The most likely candidates in my opinon for the third version name are:
    Chrome (maybe Chromium if they go for metals again)
    Grey
    and Crimson
    If it's not Kyurem then
    Grey or Colbolt for colbalian
    and Brown for Landorus.

I like the idea of Brown for Landorus honestly, even if it is a pipe dream.

CRIMSON WITH VOLCARONA

blue

gucci
    Years
    Volcarona would fit a Crimson mascot but there's been no real focus on Volcarona... not yet anyway, it's currently on Kyurem.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I know 99% chance it won't be Volcarona but I can still dream ;o;

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    It's possible to be Crimson since it's similar to the name Kyurem if you pronounced it Japanese(Kurimuzon).
    And again Kyurem's new form doesn't have to be grey, a Crimson dragon is cooler imo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    It's possible to be Crimson since it's similar to the name Kyurem if you pronounced it Japanese(Kurimuzon).
    And again Kyurem's new form doesn't have to be grey, a Crimson dragon is cooler imo.

Kurimuzon (crimson) sounds something like kuromu (chrome). Yes, we can say they sound similar to Kyurem but imo gure (gray) sounds the closest to Kyurem. Letters k and g sounds similar, last m is added like in Reshiram and Zekrom.
    If k and g would be replaced and last m deleted Kyurem's name would be Gyure, very similar to gure.

Anyway, it's said in Pokedex that Kyurem was producing powerful ice before it got frozen. It could mean it's another form is dragon/ice too. Imo crimson dragon is not suitable for ice typing. More for fire dragon, but Reshiram is already fire dragon in this trio.

Years
    Also if they do pick Crimson, it'll reflect the Black mage, White mage, red mage trio (Crimson).
    True Crimson doesn't seem very icy but this gen's mascots and their names don't match up all that well (though that's due to the whole Yin and Yang theme...)
    I still think it'll be Grey but Crimson can work...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Maybe that Crimson domain is registered for Ruby remake. They wouldn't register CrimsonRuby domain becuase it would be too obvious. Maybe there is another domain for Sapphire remake, we should try to find it.

Years
    CrimsonRuby and AzureSapphire? (Those make me think of the sunset sky...fits considering Rayquaza and all...Also I think that the red orbs Japanese name is Crimson orb...)
    On topic- So if Crimson is reserved for future games, then Grey is proably it unless they chose Chrome...which might involve some legal issue with Google...so it's either Chromium (a metal that sounds like Kyurem's name too, they could always do an DPPt Stone to metal, in this case shades to metal instead of the GSC going from color/metal to stone or the RGBY all color and RSE all stones...) But considering the pattern of all the odd gens versions fitting the established theme by the first two versions (RG being colors leading to more colors,and RS being stones leading to another stone), that leaves me with Grey/Gray as the only possible title I can think of...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    CrimsonRuby and AzureSapphire? (Those make me think of the sunset sky...fits considering Rayquaza and all...Also I think that the red orbs Japanese name is Crimson orb...)

Red and Blue Orbs are called Crimson Orb and Indigo Orb. CrimsonRuby and IndigoSapphire?
    Domain pokemoncrimson.com is registered by Nintendo while pokemonindigo.com is registered by someone else. So maybe Nintendo will buy it? Or maybe pokemoncrimson.com is just hint for R/S remakes and won't be even used?
    Anyway I think third game's name will be Gray or at least something related to that color, not Crimson.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    GF will eventually come up with a name that we won't expect.

If they are gonna name it based on Kyurem's icy body:
    Pokemon Topaz.
    Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    GF will eventually come up with a name that we won't expect.

If they are gonna name it based on Kyurem's icy body:
    Pokemon Topaz.
    Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Cept topaz is normally Yellow. Blue is a color variation that isn't highly common, but topaz is commonly yellow.

Years
    I was going to say what Xander said, but come to think about it Topaz won't be a bad choice considering how in Kyurem's forehead is a Yellow spot, plus it's eyes are Yellow...also I think I read somewhere that the color Yellow represents Wuji...might Kyurem's other forme be based on the Yellow Dragon of the Center? (The fifth symbol of China In Jp there isn't a fifth symbol as Void takes it's place...ummm Wuji can mean void too...)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'll note that what websites are registered (as well as what game names are copyrighted) isn't something to take note of too deeply with Pokemon. Platinum's site url was taken by someone else iirc when they announced it but that didn't stop Nintendo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back