• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Re the Silver mascot thing, I'm inclined to think it's not so much coincidence. Crystal has been the exception thus far which doesn't mean that much (patterns get broken, only two other 'third games' as well), but I feel it's quite possible that Crystal hadn't been originally planned when GS were made too (and there is the claim that GS were intended as the final games as well which fits that). I'll also agree with the event-Pokemon-not-being-it thoughts. They're basically event Pokemon to be given in wifi events or link in with shop promotions (toys r us, eb games/gamestop, etc), the latter which nets them free advertising for their games, as well as give customers small things every so often to keep them interested in the games after they bought them. It's be weird for them to remove one of those now for the third version.

So hence I'm going with Kyurem being the near-certain mascot for a third game if it happens, personally.

I'll also note that iirc there is data for Kyurem to know extra moves that it cannot currently learn in BW in Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (notice the names and effects and think about Zekrom and Reshiram's typing). In fact, those two moves are currently not learn-able by anything. New moves cannot be easily added to games within the same generation because that can cause compatibility issues (for trading/battles, and why for instance TMs remained the same between 3rd and 4th gen games... and although they changed in 5th gen, guess what's not transferable between 4th gen and 5th gen? That's right, any items including TMs). Interesting data for BW to already have in place then, no?

As for the name of the game if it happens? Not placing my bet on anything. Why? I need to look no further than the fanname for Platinum (in Opal) being so strongly believed in that when the name Platinum was revealed a lot of people firmly believed it must be fake. So much for that!

Years
    Okay so I was doing a run through of charge stone cave on my most recet restart of white and I noticed a likely hint to the 3rd game.
    Before battling N he sais something like : a mixture of all these different ideals turn the world gray!
    .. Thats impossible. My goal is to seperate people from pokemon.... Into a world of black and white

Now thats not a direct qoute but its real close

Now he mentions black and white in reference to a world ( titles )
    & he mentions gray in reference to a world... Hmmm
    Plus the latest anime episode pics on serebii show charge stone as place where zekrom dwelled long ago

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    The mascot is obviously going to be Kyurem. No brainer there.

The name could possibly be Grey, but I think that may be too obvious so idk.
    Agreed. I am certain it will be Kyurem, but the color name i'm not so sure of.

The obvious choice would be Grey/Gray, and I've no problem with that, but it there are alternative possibilities like Slate (my favorite choice!), Charcoal, Iron, Timberwolf, Glaucous, Sere, Taupe, Puce, Cenereous, etc...

(I personally think if they go for the less obvious shades of gray, they will use one of the more easily pronounced/kid-friendly choices [ie. Slate/Charcoal/Timberwolf])

My bet would be for either Gray/Grey; Slate; or Charcoal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Before battling N he sais something like : a mixture of all these different ideals turn the world gray!
    .. Thats impossible. My goal is to seperate people from pokemon.... Into a world of black and white

Now thats not a direct qoute but its real close

Now he mentions black and white in reference to a world ( titles )
    & he mentions gray in reference to a world...

Before that he says this: "Cheren is pursuing the ideal of strength. Poor Bianca has faced the sad truth that not everyone can become stronger. And you are not swayed either way-more of a neutral presence.Which is apparently a good thing."

Ideal and truth may be references to Zekrom and Reshiram. Also Cheren's and Bianca's names translated to English mean Black and White.
    Neutral presence may be reference to Kyurem and the color of gray because they are perfect balance between colors of black and white.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    You know I thought about it a little and I think the name could be any thing.
    Like some believe it's going to be Crimson, maybe Kyurem will turn into a Crimson dragon as a new form.
    If I can find one hint about it:
    The Pokemon league entrance in Platinum has the color black, white and ...Crimson.
    Black/White 2 & Mascots discussion

Again it could be anything like I said before.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They also copy righted Crimson along with Black, White, and Grey... but Crimsom would go much better as part of ruby's remake if they don't chose magma...
    Crimson would also parallel Kyurem's blue like White does to Zek and Black does for Resh.
    Interestingly I think I read on bulbapedia that Cynthia's jp name means white. She also wears Black...BW while Cyrus can mean red, or crimson...this is proably a coincidence.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    They also copyrighted pokemonbrown.com, so it looks like they have some domains which they would probably never use, including Crimson.

Cyrus' Japanese name could be reference to Red Chain.

Speaking of that Platinum's interior, there are also green lights flashing on the floor:

Maybe those red, blue and green colors are references to R/S remakes based on Emerald's features? They could be because gold and silver floor on the left (and in every Pokemon Center) were imo hints to G/S remakes.

Cynthia's room is colored in black, white and gray.

About Cynthia's English name from Bulbapedia: "Possibly chosen due to similarity to "synthesis", or combining different pieces into one entity, which is a reference to the fact she combines several types in her arsenal."

Maybe that "combining into one entity" is also about combining black and white into gray?

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    From Gray Speculation Thread on another Forum:

personally think, the Gray Mascot could possibly be Cobalion, as it could give as a "Fresh Start" that Gen V loves to do, as predictable Mascots are getting annoying. For this idea, Milstration Cave is unable to acess until the End of the Main Game though, by talking to the man outside of the cave, he will give you TM Rock Slide that was previously available before the E4.

If that were to happen, N would get Reshiram and Zekrom. Before the battle Cobalion would come (as it heard about Pokemon liberating and it wanted to see for itself) and you two agree that N is way too powerhungry thus you (attempt) to capture Cobalion and then you fight N. Cobalion also has his Gray Exclusive move, Recover.

Afterwards, Ghetsis will laugh (instead of Scolding N) as this was his plan along. The tention of the Yin Yang Pokemon caused his God Stone to activate, thus summoning Kyurem (God Forme) then you battle him.

After the credits, you can get Terrakion and Virizion (with the new Gray Exclusive move Extremespeed/Aura Sphere respectivally. By bringing the 3 of the Musketeer Pokemon to the statue of the Elite Four (the one that glows when you beat the 4) and talk to it, the statue will rise instead of dropping down to Alder. You will find many pictures of the Trio and then you will se a big portreit of Keldeo. Alder will come and will tell you about the story of the 4 Pokemon and then tells you that Keldeo lies in Hoenn Seas. He gives you *insert name of Ticket here* that will bring you to Pacifiglog town. Then, by Diving, you can see Keldeo's aquatic lair and fight him (He has Gray Exclusive move Energy Ball)

You can also go to the Dragonspiral Tower to fight Reshiram (Gray Exlusive Move: Nasty Plot) and go to Milstration Cave, Cobalion's old location, to fight Zekrom (Gray Exclusive Move: Swords Dance).

Then, at Hoenn, after catching the 2/3rds of the Tao Trio, you can go talk to N, who is in Pacifiglog Town thinking about his life. He will then battle you one final time, he then tells you that Pokemon are amazing Pokemon. He hints that he will stay in Hoenn (Replacing Wally for RS Remake :3) and he tells you that Kyurem is in the Plasma Base. He gives you the God Stone aswell.

You go to the Plasma Base in Castelia City and talk to the Elevator. Instead of bringing you up, it goes down. It leads into a Frozen Cidadel and the God Stone flashes, summoning Kyurem.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    How many times do we have to say Kyurem is the mascot of the 3rd game? it's obvious and there's many reasons that I don't to mention them all!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's true. Remember when Black and White were being speculated? Everyone thought Boffulant and Alomola were evolutions for Tauros and Luvidisc? Wasn't it obvious that they were going to be the evolutions, yet they end up being non-related?

Just because it's "obvious" that Kyurem will be the mascot, doesn't mean I can't speculate of another idea. Who knows, maybe even Melloeta could be the Mascot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Just because it's obvious doesn't mean it's true. Remember when Black and White were being speculated? Everyone thought Boffulant and Alomola were evolutions for Tauros and Luvidisc? Wasn't it obvious that they were going to be the evolutions, yet they end up being non-related?

Just because it's "obvious" that Kyurem will be the mascot, doesn't mean I can't speculate of another idea. Who knows, maybe even Melloeta could be the Mascot.

Back before Platinum everyone knew Giratina will be the mascot of Platinum some people thought it will be Cresselia , well i guess we'll see...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

People thought that because they didn't know all 5 gen's Pokemon will be non-related to previous gens' Pokemon. Nobody expected that.
    But in case with Gray's mascot it's almost "speaking for itself" that it will be Kyurem. Probably it will be confirmed in March, when final poster of movie 15 is likely to be revealed and probably will contain new Kyurem's form. It can be revealed even in this month Corocoro.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Personally, I would like to see Genesect as the mascot of Pokemon Crimson.
    Spoiler:

And for you conspiracy-people, Genesects eyes are crimson. It's x4 weak to crimson flames. It's shiny color is also crimson. With how White/Black is opposite to Zekrom/Reshiram, respectively, it would make sense for something completely destroyed by fire be the mascot of "Pokemon Crimson".

Though, it would be weird referring to Gen V as "Pokemon WBC" as that sounds like "Pokemon Westboro Baptist Church".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Spoiler:

And for you conspiracy-people, Genesects eyes are crimson. It's x4 weak to crimson flames. It's shiny color is also crimson. With how White/Black is opposite to Zekrom/Reshiram, respectively, it would make sense for something completely destroyed by fire be the mascot of "Pokemon Crimson".
    Genesect is an event Pokemon, it rather can't be mascot, becuase all event Pokemon are "extra" ones, without role in main storyline. More of that I think third version won't be about color oppositions like B/W was. It will be about mixing black and white into one color. It's something like Team Magma and Aqua were oppositions in R/S and in Emerald they were mixed in one game.

Though, it would be weird referring to Gen V as "Pokemon WBC" as that sounds like "Pokemon Westboro Baptist Church".
    Lol, we can think of a lot of things staying for those letters, for example BWC would stand for Broken Water Closet, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Spoiler:

... I consider Genesect to be same place as Arceus and Doxies. They were last pokemon of their respective national dex at the time. Plues Arceus and doxies never became masctot so why now?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Ok, maybe I should've worded this better.

I know Kyurem will be the Gr@y mascot, but until the game is released or it is actually shown that he is the mascot (and not little Easter Eggs you find in the previous games), I have every right to imagine or speculate that Cobalion will be the Gr@y mascot.

I know it will never come true but isn't this the thread to talk about stuff that I want to come true really? I mean, isn't that speculation?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Genesect is an event Pokemon,

That's just an assumption, it's not really known. Also, Game Greak has been knowingly, on purpose, breaking many patterns this generation. You can't really dismiss anything for the reason "well, in past generations so and so and so" anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    That's just an assumption, it's not really known. Also, Game Greak has been knowingly, on purpose, breaking many patterns this generation. You can't really dismiss anything for the reason "well, in past generations so and so and so" anymore.

It's officially event Pokemon. There is Genesect's event hidden in B/W coding. Probably it will be copied and used in third version.
    Sure, 5 gen broke some patterns, but marketing is always the same. Event Pokemon are always left for promotion of another games or movies to get people more interested in them. Genesect is one of those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back