• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

blackmoonflower's pixel creations!

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
  • Well that's helpful... :\

Anyway, this is the evolution of Leober.

^ Embion.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Are you still practising? xD
    Anyways, I think the head should be a little bigger and the ears a little smaller. That's just my opinion though.

Serris

The Constant
    Years
  • You have some nice work here. Your fire line is good, but I see a flaw. The first and second pokémon in the line look way too similar. The second evo just looks like a bigger version of the first one. The final evo stands out though. You made the fire in an interesting way, and I think it suits it well. I also love the littl epokémon digital things. I didn't know what else to call them. But these are ones that bother me:

Some new random sprites.

Reasons why they bother ... They're saved as JPG. It's ruined the quality of them, and they would've looked so much better if you saved them as PNG. That is actually my own reason why they bother me. Anywho, keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing more.

blackmoonflower

Years
  • I thought I did save them as PNGs... Trust me, I know JPG murders sprites. I'll go back and fix that eventually.

EDIT: Fix'd

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Lilyla is just adorable, but it resembles Palmon a lot. Maybe you could make her more Pokemon-ish? Compacting her body would help to no end, and the palette, in my opinion, needs a bit of work. Try looking at the color schemes of real lilies for inspiration.

The Leober line strikes me as awesome, I have nothing to say about it. Keep up the great work. ^^

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    That little guy is so cute (+ he's a grass type)! I'd love to start a journey with him ... I wonder what his evolutions are going to be?

On the technical side of things, the shading on his belly is a bit weird. You've got to make it rounder to give a more crisp shape to it. As it was pointed out by someone else on this thread, you've got to make the face (especially on a first stage / baby) memorable by giving it more chibi-like features.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I didn't see anything wrong with the shade on it's belly. The right hind leg is too straight. Apart from that I think that the sprite is awesome.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    Would you mind explaining this?

Okay, the thing is, the shading on his belly looks squiggly, and thus unnatural. Reducing the shading there a bit would make it look more organic (if his foreleg is fully highlighted at the top, I don't see why the belly would have that lot of shading on it).

It's a bit hard to get what I mean with only words to explain, so I'll try showing you graphically.

The first one's the original, the second's the edit.

As you can see in my edit, the shading's been reduced a tad, but it looks more like something you might see in nature. The shading on your sprite didn't make it normal, nor did it fit with the official pokemon style. That's my opinion anyways.

I hope you found something useful in all of that, and I'm looking forward to seeing the other creatures you'll be coming up with. ^^

blackmoonflower

Years
  • Thanks.

I haven't really had the time to make any more of my fakemon. Since I've been recruited as a spriter, I've been working on someone else's. But, I figured I'd share some of what I've done. Please note that these are not my concepts or names.

Wyverno

Stegecine

Stegeroids

Comsoara

Crustone

Craboulder

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
  • deerant is stunning. I love him. Keep spriting. Are you dragons meant to be blurry? Maybe you could sharpen them a bit by adding darker lineart.

Back