• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Body Piercings

Silver

Kyle
Years
  • I'm against 'em. I just don't think it's a good idea. My cousin got one in the bridge of her nose, and I can't see anyone taking her seriously in nice dress. Another cousin got a tongue piercing, and it's beginning to wreak havoc with his teeth. The guy still insists on wearing it.

I've always thought standard ear piercings were sort of weird, too.

The bridge nose piercings are quite easy to flip up and hide if you were ever in a situation that dictated it.

Metal tongue rings destroy teeth, it's a known fact, which is why mainly individuals with tongue piercing choose to go the more expensive route and use plastic balls that need replacing every few months.

And risks? What risks? Infection? Just take out the peircing and let the skin heal itself. It's not a big deal.

Adding to this, if you're not a moron and know how to properly take care of and keep your piercing clean, the chance of it getting infected is quite small.

Years
  • Metal tongue rings destroy teeth, it's a known fact, which is why mainly individuals with tongue piercing choose to go the more expensive route and use plastic balls that need replacing every few months.

Not true. The metal bar just gets blamed. If it's a proper size bar for your tongue then it need never go anywhere near your teeth, let alone destroy them.
    The only people I've ever known to have destroyed teeth and a tongue bar are those with a very poor diet and even poorer overall health. Both of those things destroy teeth. Not piercings.

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • Not true. The metal bar just gets blamed. If it's a proper size bar for your tongue then it need never go anywhere near your teeth, let alone destroy them.
    The only people I've ever known to have destroyed teeth and a tongue bar are those with a very poor diet and even poorer overall health. Both of those things destroy teeth. Not piercings.

That's what keeps people from getting their tongues pierced and whatnot. They think it will destroy your teeth, when in reality, it's almost never the cause.

When anything is taken care of properly, you shouldn't have to worry about it. This applies to tattoos and piercings. If you have the sense to clean it, your risk of infection is pretty much zero (or at least significantly less than what it would be otherwise).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • What I can't understand is how you could stand getting a tattoo. The stab you with a needle over and over! Plus, there's no way to ensure that the artist is skilled.

That's not that bad, there is worse pain out there, and it probably hurts more to give yourself a tattoo the ghetto method (Which I've done, lol), since it's slower. Plus it kind of goes numb after a bit.

And about how to tell if the artist is skilled, I think almost all tattoo artists keep some kind of portfolio or something that shows all of their work. I was going to go with my sister on her birthday so we can both get tattoos, but that got delayed and now I'm thinking I'm going to wait a while longer, as I would rather spend my money on pre-ordering Pokemon White. :P

And another thing, I can never understand why people always say that tattoos will look terrible when you're older. Yes, they do start looking bad, WHEN YOU'RE SO OLD YOUR SKIN STARTS SAGGING. >_<

Seriously, if you're skin is sagging and you're a gross old person, it doesn't matter if your tattoo(s) is/are unattractive, as nobody will really want to see some gross old person's body in the first place. >_<

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Not true. The metal bar just gets blamed. If it's a proper size bar for your tongue then it need never go anywhere near your teeth, let alone destroy them.

Ah that was a misunderstanding on my part. Thank you for the correction. =)

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • Surgical steel is a safe way to go. (My tongue stud is s. steel, but I have no clue what the snakebites are made of)

Silver would be kind of expensive...

EDIT;; I knew that, SIN. I totally knew that actually I did not get it.

Last edited:

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • And risks? What risks? Infection? Just take out the peircing and let the skin heal itself. It's not a big deal.

I have heard, and I am not sure how true this is but if you get piercings in certain places for instance ear cartilage or nose cartilage and it gets infected there is a very good chance that you'll have to remove that part of the body. Cartilage cannot heal itself very well.

Also another risk is it being torn out, imagine a nipple ring getting caught on clothes and being torn out!! ewwwwww

Also anyone remember that movie where the girls tongue ring got hooked onto the guys... ahem....ring? Thats a hideous and embarrassing risk hahaha

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • I've asked many people, these are the three most common responses:

3. It intimidates people, so they won't bother me as much.
    2. It makes me feel cool.
    -- and the most common..
    1. It makes me feel unique in a crowd of people.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • The only piercing I'm 100% alright with would be earrings unless of course it's in excess or they have one of those "gages" things where all it is is a 1 inch hole in your ear...

Depending on the girls body belly button piercing's are usually pretty hot unless it's a huge metal one that like sticks out of their shirt.

I also think that a small nose piercing can be alright depending on how the girls face is like.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • The only piercing I'm 100% alright with would be earrings unless of course it's in excess or they have one of those "gages" things where all it is is a 1 inch hole in your ear...

Depending on the girls body belly button piercing's are usually pretty hot unless it's a huge metal one that like sticks out of their shirt.

I also think that a small nose piercing can be alright depending on how the girls face is like.

Just correcting your terminology. Gauge(ing) refers to the size of the ear plug, the actual process is known as stretching.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Reading through these spurts of posts. I really don't know how people are actually able to handle having piercings still. Doesn't it hurt like hell when you puncture steel where you're not supposed to?

I also remember about an old article about tongue piercings being linked to heart disease because of the amount of germs that infest the mouth. Because the piercings allow entrance to a major part of the circulatory system, it's much more easier for anything dirty that came with the food to enter and cause direct damage.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Reading through these spurts of posts. I really don't know how people are actually able to handle having piercings still. Doesn't it hurt like hell when you puncture steel where you're not supposed to?

I also remember about an old article about tongue piercings being linked to heart disease because of the amount of germs that infest the mouth. Because the piercings allow entrance to a major part of the circulatory system, it's much more easier for anything dirty that came with the food to enter and cause direct damage.

I think I've heard that too! Not sure where though and not sure how true it is but yes, the mouth is one of the dirtiest places on a human, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years

• I think I've heard that too! Not sure where though and not sure how true it is but yes, the mouth is one of the dirtiest places on a human, I wouldn't be surprised if this is true

That would make sense, since it is the part where the most foreign things go into, whether it's from eating, drinking, or just breathing. :O

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Reading through these spurts of posts. I really don't know how people are actually able to handle having piercings still. Doesn't it hurt like hell when you puncture steel where you're not supposed to?

you mean where it's widely considered inappropriate to get punctured. mm, my ear piercings didn't hurt, it felt like a lol pinch- then again, the earlobe isn't too sensitive. i did get my belly button pierced which was a little more painful to get done :p but your skin adapts to the piercings so the holes don't hurt when you replace the rings.

i've also heard that getting the tongue pierced is dangerous...but if people want to put themselves at risk that's their decision xD i used to think tongue piercings were sO eDgY now they seem a bit overdone and speeeaking of which i saw a picture recently of someone with three piercings in their tongue...one of them a gauge :X

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • you mean where it's widely considered inappropriate to get punctured. mm, my ear piercings didn't hurt, it felt like a lol pinch- then again, the earlobe isn't too sensitive. i did get my belly button pierced which was a little more painful to get done :p but your skin adapts to the piercings so the holes don't hurt when you replace the rings.

i've also heard that getting the tongue pierced is dangerous...but if people want to put themselves at risk that's their decision xD i used to think tongue piercings were sO eDgY now they seem a bit overdone and speeeaking of which i saw a picture recently of someone with three piercings in their tongue...one of them a gauge :X
    That depends are where you get pierced, because there are some piercings that I think are "inappropriate" by any standard.

I love my tongue stud, and I'm willing to accept whatever comes with it. Getting your tongue pierced in three places sounds terrible, though. Just getting the tongue stud hurt like hell; I can't imagine how painful that was/is.

Years
  • Just want to make a quick note for tongue piercing haters, theres this thing called mouthwash and other various things to keep your mouth clean. Which i use after everytime i eat or drink anything other than water.

Ill post pics somewhere when i finish stretching my ear lobes in a few monthjust for something to do. Theyll be 14mm. Black plugs, to match my black snakebites.

Back