• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    Had a bit of store credit at my local gaming store so I picked up 16 packs of XY Flashfire:

Pack 1:
    KangaskhanEX
    Reverse Holo Seedot (common)

Pack 2:
    Rare Durant
    Reverse Rare Qwilfish (rare)

Pack 3:
    Rare Snorlax
    Reverse Holo Buneary

Pack 4:
    FA Pokémon Fan Club
    Reverse Holo Lopunny (rare)

Pack 5:
    Rare Furret
    Reverse Holo Floette (uncommon)

Pack 6:
    Rare Luxray
    Reverse Holo Litleo (common)

Pack 7:
    Rare Barbaracle
    Reverse Holo Flabebe (common)

Pack 8:
    Rare Holo Dusknoir
    Reverse Holo Luvdisc (uncommon)

Pack 9:
    Rare Heliolisk
    Reverse Holo Sandile (common)

Pack 10:
    Rare Scrafty
    Reverse Holo Meowstic (rare)

Pack 11:
    Rare Scrafty
    Reverse Holo Skuntank (rare)

Pack 12:
    Rare Holo Goodra
    Reverse Holo Scrafty (rare)

Pack 13:
    Rare Butterfree
    Reverse Holo Pigeotto (common)

Pack 14:
    Rare Pidgeot
    Reverse Holo Flabebe (common)

Pack 15:
    Rare Luxray
    Reverse Holo Binacle (common)

Pack 16:
    Rare Furret
    Reverse Holo Ponyta (common)

So two rare Furrets and three rare Scraftys, not to exciting. Ha! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So i went to a tournament a little while ago that i never bothered to talk about. Either way i did okay with a 2-1 record. Only netting me 2 packs. Though one pack was given to ever player. The store being out of Flashfire packs was kinda sad. But we were given whatever set we wanted. I pick PLS for some strange reason and got a pretty decent pull from it.

200px-CharizardPlasmaStorm136.jpg

So it was worth the $5 entry fee.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i opened up a bounderies crossed pack on the pokemon tcg online and got a victini reverse holo and shaymin in the same pack. probably my 2 favorite little legends

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Bought some packs/3 pack blisters/tins today.

Tin 1 Rayquaza Tin
    LT: Mismagius, Serperior and the new reverse holo RC Teddiursa
    Plasma Freeze: Kyurem Holo
    Plasma Blast: Froslass and Storm had the non holo Garbodor

Tin 2 Mewtwo Tin
    LT: Reverse Holo Mewtwo and Darkrai Ex
    Plasma Blast: Virizion Ex and a Machamp Rev
    Plasma Freeze: Heatran Ex
    Plasma Freeze 2: Quagsire Rev and a Seismitoad

So 3 ex's in one tin, though one was from LT. This is the second time I've pulled 2 ex's from on tin and I actually pulled the Mewtwo Tin from the back of the shelf.
    Gotta admit when I was opening the second Freeze I was hoping I got a lucky tin and they accidently put ex's in all the packs in the case or something...

I also bought 3 Plasma Freeze Boosters, I finally got Metagross Holo so now I have every hole from the set and almost every reverse of a holo. The other two contained Hariyama Rev, Cofagrigus Holo and Steelix

Finally I bought two of those 3 packs that contain older sets, they contained a Raichu alternate holo 10/123.

Neither had anything except some new commons, uncmmons,rares,reverses from Dragons Exalted. I got a Krookodile Holo from B&W, a Slaking Rev and Altaria Holo from Dragons, also the last pack contained Roselia and Roserade.

It seems they took the Dragons Exalted packs out of the tins and put them in these unmarked blisters and put Black and White sets in the tins. Kind of wish I could get a Rayquaza tin with Dragons Exalted packs in them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    I wished for an EX and I got a Keldeo EX!
    (BTW, I also got a driftblim. I had been waiting for that one)
    Thank god for booster packs, which was where all my 13 EXses and 26 legendaries/EX came from. Like that time when I wanted an EX but got a Meloetta instead. Good enough.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Bought 6 Plasma Freeze boosters and 4 Flash Fire packs from Walmart today. I just picked the first 6/4 from each peg.

Rares
    Plasma Freeze:
    1. Thundurus EX Full Art (Now I only need 3 Full Arts from Freeze to finish the set)
    2. Sableye
    3. Nidoking
    4. Nidoking
    5. Leafeon rev, Steelix
    6. Kyurem Holo

Flashfire
    1. Goodra Rev, Luxray
    2. Charizard Ex (11)
    3. Snorlax
    4. Heliolisk

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Today I went back to Walmart, I bought two Delphox Tins and 6 Plasma Freeze Boosters.

In the Boosters
    1. Kyurem Rev, Cofagrigus 57 (Cofagrigus 57 was the last non holo rare I needed for Freeze)
    2. Reshiram Rev, Cacturne
    3. Absol Rev, Hariyama
    4. Float Stone Rev, Zekrom Holo
    5. Starly Rev, Tornadus Ex
    6. Glaceon Rev, Bisharp 73

So in 6 packs every pack either contained a reverse of a holo, a holo or an ex. Though Glaceon was a holo in the Japanese set. New cards were Cofagrigus 57, Reshiram Rev and Absol Rev. I only need 14 reverses to finish the reverse set, and of course 3 Full arts and all the sr's but I'm not expecting to get those.

Here's a list of the rev's I need, I'm a bit shocked I haven't seen most of them with the number of packs I've opened. Seadra, Vanillite, Cryogonal, Voltorb, Zekrom, Mr. Mime, Espeon, both Cofagrigus, Weavile, Pawniard 72, Hydreigon, Rattata and Noctowl.

Neither tin had an ex, from tin 1 I got a Shiftry Rev and my 8th or 9th Houndoom Holo from Blast. The 2nd tin had a non-holo rare reverse in one pack and the rest were non holo rares. So nothing from them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So today was interesting. I went to Target to look for those 3 packs that sometimes have Dragons Exalted in them. I found two that had Dragons Exalted and Next Destinies. In both I got some holos but no ultra rares.

I also decided to buy some Plasma Blast boosters, I noticed the first 4 packs on one peg, the 5th was backwards. So I'm saying in my head that that is a sign. So I buy the four packs that are facing forward.

I open the first one and I can't get the pack out of the cardboard sleeve. The pack was glued to the sleeve so I opened it inside and pulled the cards out. It contained a

The second pack contained a Machamp rare, the third contained a Genesect Ex and the fourth contained a Haxorous Holo. I'll try to get a picture up later when I can charge my ipad.

Years
  • Bought 3 packs the other day. The XY booster contained: Skiddo, Venipede, Spritzee, Pikachu, Bidoof, reverse holo Braixen, Chesnaught 14/146, Dunsparce, Roller Skates, and a DCE.

The Legendary Treasures booster contained: Snivy, Dwebble, Croagunk, Natu, reverse holo Plusle, Gallade, RC Cinccino, RC Teddiursa, Emolga, and Gothorita.

The Plasma Freeze booster contained: Yamask, Tympole, Beldum, Voltorb, Pachirisu, reverse holo Beldum, Kyurem, Team Plasma Badge, Float Stone, and Palpitoad.

All in all, kinda underwhelming boosters in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Bought 4 Plasma Blast Boosters from Target again, I only got a Salamence Holo.

On Saturday I bought a second Boundaries Crossed Booster Box since there are still ex's, holos, Cheran, sr's I'm looking for and they lowered the price $89.99.

Here's the four cards I pulled on Saturday from 4 Plasma Blast boosters.

tumblr_n773afosmF1r12rm4o2_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My second Boundaries Crossed booster box came in today. And our power went out while I was opening so the picks are a bit blurry.
    tumblr_n7cn8flSSx1r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

Overall it was a bit of a disappointment for me.
    Part 1
    Spoiler:

Part 2
    Spoiler:

Part 3
    Spoiler:

Part 4
    Spoiler:

Overall I got 13 new reverses, including Scizor and Serperior.
    I got 3 new holos Charizard, Flygon and Ditto.
    I got two duplicate ace specs, I'm looking for Crystal Wall.

All the ex's were duplicates, and I only got 1 full art. Was wishing for 2 or at least one I didn't already have. Since I only own 2 the odds were with me but just bad luck.
    I guess 4 regular ex's is against the odds but it seems a normal ex took the place of a full art.
    I still find this set fun to open so I might get a third box I'm not sure yet. Oh and I still need 3 holos, Vileplume, Electivire and Serperior. Since the only place here that still sells BC boosters is Toys r us and they are 4.99 each there it may be better to buy a box just to see pull rates.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so I bought the Delphox EX Kalos Power Tin and 2 Flashfire packs Monday.

These are the contents of the tin:

Delphox EX XY19

Flashfire pack: Geodude, Flabebe, Stunky, Roselia, Binacle, reverse holo Shinx, Floette, Miltank, Torkoal, and Magnetic Storm
    XY pack: Panpour, Pumpkaboo, Bunnelby, Phantump, Inkay, reverse holo Bibarel, Scolipede, Dodrio, Corsola, and Lunatone.
    Plasma Blast pack: Snorunt, Remoraid, Throh, Surskit, Karrablast, reverse holo Relicanth, Porygon-Z, Ursaring, Tirtouga, and Silver Mirror.
    Plasma Freeze pack: Vanillite, Eevee, Mankey, Wooper, Makuhita, reverse holo Eevee, Staraptor, Frozen City, Mawile, and Dragonair.

The two Flashfire boosters contained:
    Pack 1: Feebas, Pidgey, Flabebe, Helioptile, Sentret, reverse holo Meowstic, Durant, Fletchinder, Luxio, and Pidgeotto.
    Pack 2: Geodude, Feebas, Sentret, Duskull, Roselia, reverse holo Weavile, Walrein, Sacred Ash, Floette, and Protection Cube.

Mediocre pulls all around because of no EXs or Full Arts. :(

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Went to Walmart today and bought a Rayquaza Tin, a Chesnaught Tin and a Chespin Box. Decided to go green today.

The tins were pointless, in both tins I got 1 holo(Not including LT since I'm not collecting that set) and it was a duplicate, Carbink. The Kalos tins are not looking good.

The Chespin box was interesting, there was only two of these Kalos starter boxes left in store, they were both Chespin.

The box contained:

tumblr_n7g1veJ9Lq1r12rm4o1_1280.jpg

With this I now have 11 ex's and 1 secret rare from Plasma Blast, 9 of those are from boosters, 2 from Booster boxes.
    I only need Genesect, Iris and Jirachi full arts and Kyurem Ex.
    Another interesting thing is each box contained 1 reverse rare, and they were all grass, Masquerain, Torterra and Roserade.

Years
  • Okay, so I got 3 Flashfire boosters today.
    First booster: Duskull, Roselia, Goomy, Flabebe, Sandile, reverse holo Nuzleaf, Floatzel, Rapidash, Blacksmith, and Sneasel.
    Second booster: Espurr, Binacle, Spheal, Caterpie, Buneary, reverse holo Shinx, Furret, Pidgeotto, Pokemon Fan Club, and Sealeo.
    Third Booster: Spheal, Caterpie, Buneary, Buizel, Sandile, reverse holo Pineco, Lopunny, Pokemon Center Lady, Luvdisc, and Trick Shovel.

Meh packs overall, really. Maybe I should buy a booster box...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Ok I'm not sure if I'm just really lucky but we went to Toys r us today to return some things. I don't buy cards from there since they are way overpriced, a Chespin box is 18.99 there, under 15 at Walmart, the Victini tin is 25.99....
    Regular packs are 4.99, new tins are usually 22.99.

Anyways I noticed some "deals" there. A 3 pack of Flashfire/alternate holo was only 3 dollars higher then buying the packs separately at Walmart so you're paying3 bucks for an alternate holo. Another was a pack + reverse holo, for 6.99. I saw one lying down on the shelf with a Plasma Blast pack and I got that feeling again so I decided to say what the heck about the 1 and a half I'm overpaying for a stupid reverse holo from a set I've never even heard of and buy it. They also had others with LT, Blast and Freeze in them.

I also noticed a Plasma Freeze pack, 7 or 8 in that was sticking out a little. . So I bought both just to see if my luck would pull through.

The Freeze pack had a Ghetsis holo, the pack + 1 had a Virizion Ex.
    So my ultra rares for the week of Jun 6-13 - Virizion Ex, Heatran Ex, Thundurus Full Art, Charizard Ex, Tornadus Ex, Exeggcute shiny, Genesect Ex all from boosters and 1 tin.
    My ultra rares for the week of Jun 14-20 - Celebi Full Art, Landurus Ex, Keldeo Ex, Celebi Ex, Cresselia Ex, Palkia Full Art and Virizion Ex miscut all from boosters, a box and a Chespin box

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So I went to Target today since we were by it and decided to buy some packs. I also wanted to see if my luck streak would continue.

I bought a Fennekin box, it had two Drifblim rares and a Scolipede Holo.

I bought 4 Plasma Freeze packs, they contained a Sceptile Holo and Sceptile Reverse in the same pack.
    I bought 4 Plasma Blast packs.
    Finally as I was in line checking out I saw an orange pack behind some of those XY checklane blisters that come with a coin for 5.99. Since I got a Virizion ex yesterday from one I thought what the heck, it contained a Plasma Freeze, a cool Electrode Promo and a Cyndaquil coin.

For exs/holos I got
    Spoiler:

The Latios was in the first pack I opened, the checklane blister and the Palkia was in the last pack I opened, a booster.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So up til today I only brought two flash fire booster packs, in one it had Charizard Mega Ex X which was like "oh wow cool" and today I brought two at Supernova... Got another Charizard Mega Ex X lol gonna give it to my bf :)

I'm planning to keep searching eBay for good deals for the others I want sooo yea lol

DarkLordGiratina

The Doctor
    Years
  • I bought two booster packs last night, one was a Black and White Legendary Treasures and the other was a X&Y Flashfire Pack, in the Legendary Treasures pack I got Full Art Foil Emolga, Foil Tornadus, and Foil Ursaring. In the Flash Fire I got Foil Stunky...... I now have like 4 Stunkys...... I have had really bad luck with Flashfire :p

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back