• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday and today I bought some packs from Walmart, all single packs are 3.33. Same price as Target has sometimes on those single packs except these all have the cardboard sleeves still and include Breakthrough. I pulled a Primal Kyorge ex and today I got another M Mewtwo Y Ex, I'm starting to think the other Mewtwo ex cards don't exist.

Anyways I got some Plasma Storm packs also, I noticed there was an original blister there, aka the cardboard/plastic case ones. I purely bought this for this reason alone.

I open it and notice the goldborder and immediately my heart stops, because this could be Charizard, Blastoise or a 3rd Random Receiver...Here's a pic of the card....

Spoiler:

Years
Opened a Mega Mewtwo Y Collection Box today.

BreakThrough Pack 1: reverse holo Raichu, Simisage
BreakThrough Pack 2: Noivern, Giovanni's Scheme, Brigette
Ancient Origins Pack: reverse holo Ampharos Spirit Link, Gyarados, Tyranitar Spirit Link, Energy Recycler
Roaring Skies Pack: reverse holo Healing Scarf, Rayquaza EX, Revive

Pretty good pulls from just 4 packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday and today I went to Gamestop, they are having a sale on single packs, buy 3 and get a 4th free. The packs are already 3.99, so cheaper then anywhere else.

I bought 16 packs in total, or 12 with 4 free. I pulled Houndoom Full Art, Primal Kyogre Full Art and M Sceptile FA, I believe that's my 5th or 6th of those. It's also my 700th ultra rare pulled or bought. I also pulled 3 holos, Gyarados, Gallade and Mamoswine and 1 break, Marowak.

I also purchased Ampharos FA and it arrived yesterday. I have 1 more BCBM coming in the mail, a full art from a black and white set.

Last edited:
Years
Opened the Mega Mewtwo X Collection Box that I got alongside the Y Collection box I opened about a week ago.

BreakThrough Pack 1: reverse holo Magnezone (magnetic circuit), M Mewtwo EX (Mega Mewtwo X art), Float Stone
BreakThrough Pack 2: reverse holo Super Rod, Chatot, Heavy Boots
Roaring Skies Pack: Xatu, Steven, Rayquaza Spirit Link
Ancient Origins Pack: Goodra, Dangerous Energy, Eco Arm

Not a bad pull just from that first pack alone.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
My other bcbm arrived today.

Spoiler:

Years
My mom let me open a stocking stuffer today. It was a Pokemon Knockout collection which contained a holo Charizard, Blastoise and Venasaur and two booster packs.

The booster packs contained:
1 Rare: Golem
1 Rare holo: Greninja
2 reverse holos: Electrode and Furret

Plus it came with a Pikachu coin

Years
Opened a Mega Blaziken EX Premium Collection box that I picked up back on Black Friday.

Turns out those things also come with a playmat inside the box.

Anyway, onto the pack contents:

Ancient Origins Pack 1: reverse holo Gyarados 20/98, Virizion, Hex Maniac, Tyranitar Spirit Link
Ancient Origins Pack 2: Registeel, Flash Energy, Lucky Helmet
Primal Clash Pack 1: Delcatty, Rare Candy
Primal Clash Pack 2: reverse holo Escape Rope, Nidoqueen, Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, Exp. Share
Roaring Skies Pack 1: reverse holo Steven, Latios EX, Healing Scarf
Roaring Skies Pack 2: Shedinja, Winona
BREAKThrough Pack 1: reverse holo Heavy Ball, Simisear, Houndoom Spirit Link, Float Stone
BREAKThrough Pack 2: reverse holo Rainbow Energy, Noctowl

Not a terrible set of pulls considering the collection was only $35 on Black Friday.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I had a 25 dollar gift card so I for some reason decided to buy the Mega Swampert and Mega Blaziken boxes. I don't know why I made this decision since these boxes usually have terrible pulls and they aren't worth the price. I mean you aren't paying 50 dollars for the mat and 2 promos, you're paying 50 dollars for the packs. To be honest you'd think if they can guarantee pulls in booster boxes they could also guarantee 1 holo for every 3 packs in these boxes as well.

Mega Swampert's best/only pull was a Ludicolo holo, if ratios were correct you'd think you'd get 2 holos per box.

Mega Blaziken was slightly better with a holo Togekiss and a Trevenant ex.

I also got a couple tins, got a holo Excadrill and a holo Goodra in one which is actually pretty good for a tin, but of course this used up my ratios so the other had 4 non holo rares. To be honest it was my fault, I usually have terrible pulls when I open more then 12 packs at a time. I just opened too many packs at once with 24.

Overall I'm hesitant to buy anymore promo boxes over 20 dollars, think I'll just buy the promos singly and stick to the cheaper promo boxes. I think I had better luck with the Dollar Tree packs lol.

Years
The guarantee rate is probably not in the collection boxes because they probably only have separate packing runs for the booster box packs and every other pack for a set is just part of a larger packing run.

That's just speculation, though.

Got an EX Figure Cube for Christmas from my parents. The figures inside were a Zekrom TCG tin one without its base, and a Meowth one made by TOMY in 2007.

The EX was the Black Star Promo Xerneas EX XY07 from the Xerneas tin. Loose holos, rares, and trainers in the package are: Articuno 27/99 Next Destinies Greninja 14/39 from one of the XY Trainer Kits, Tierno, Poke Ball, and Energy Retrieval. 2 of the packs were the Black & White sampling pack and the Emerging Powers sampling pack. The actual full booster pack inside was a Flashfire pack with the notable cards being: reverse holo Dragalge, Qwilfish, and Pokemon Center Lady.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went ahead and bought 39 packsfrom Dollar Tree today. I combined them to find out how many completed packs I had, every 4 packs should contain 1 rare, 1 reverse, 4 uncommons and 10 commons, if you break even, if not then you got bad pulls.

I completed 9 packs meaning I pulled 9+ rares, I actually pulled 10 rares.
Bridgette FA
M Mewtwo Y Ex
Florges Break(Counted as a reverse)
Mamoswine Holo
Vivillon Holo
Parasect, Medicham(I accidentally bought 1 Clash), Simipour, Smeargle, Mr. Mime, Mr. Mime
Typhlosion Rev

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I might have to hit up a Dollar Tree if their 3 card packs have such good pull rates.

Anyway, opened up something else I got from family on Christmas, which was a 3 pack BREAKThrough blister with both Mega Charizard pins and a Mega Lucario pin.

Pack 1: Abomasnow, Giovanni's Scheme
Pack 2: Mewtwo EX (Psyburn and Photon Wave)
Pack 3: Dodrio, Skyla, Glalie Spirit Link

A lot better than I expected.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Might also hit up Gamestop, I just bought 9 packs from there and had the best pulls of my entire time pulling cards. I pulled 2 full arts, 4 exs and a holo. 2 of them were from a Zoroark pin blister which I bought before and didn't get anything. I got all the packs from the shelf they have by the door, the ones on hooks. I guess these pulls make up for the terrible New Years Eve pulls, I mean 3 full arts and 5 exs in the first two days of 2016.

Here's the cards I pulled.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
I've generally not had the best pack luck at my local GameStop. Granted, that's been maybe 12 packs in total since they started carrying them again. My nearest GameStop is about 40 minutes away by car, versus the 4 minutes for my local Target.

Anyway, opened the last thing I got from family on Christmas, a Roaring Skies 3 pack blister with the Mega Rayquaza pin.

Roaring Skies Pack; reverse holo Gallade Spirit Link, FA Thundurus EX
Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Kyogre, Camerupt EX, Teammates
Phantom Forces Pack: reverse holo Gengar Spirit Link, Swalot

Pretty crazy luck in that blister pack. I don't think I've had that happen, and if I have, it's been probably 4 or 5 years since it has.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened some packs from Dollar Tree, I finally pulled the Typhlosion holo which was my most wanted holo from the set, I had previously pulled it twice in reverse.
I also got the 61 Mewtwo Ex and a Xerneas Holo. I believe that's the first time I've pulled that Mewtwo.

I also opened the Aurorus Box, it had a Groudon Ex, a Dragonite Holo and a Mismagius Holo. I can see now that these promo boxes don't have 1 in 3 pull rates since they can have nultiple holos, as opposed to guaranteed 1. I just had bad luck, which isn't surprising since I always have bad luck when I open over 15 packs.

The Aerodactyl and Break Evolution boxes will have to wait a couple weeks. I noticed there was a random Furious Fists pack in the Aerodactyl, looks like they are trying to get rid of more old product.

Years
Probably trying to get rid of more product to make room for the next set in the warehouses.

So my brother found something he had intended to give me for Christmas but could not find it because it vanished in the mess of his room. It was the Hoopa Collector Chest. It comes with some neat things, some not so neat things, and 5 booster packs.

BREAKThrough Pack 1: Meloetta Piroutte forme, Fisherman
BREAKThrough Pack 2: Noctowl, Burning Energy
Ancient Origins Pack: FA M Sceptile EX, Lucky Helmet
Roaring Skies Pack: reverse holo Wally, Articuno
Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Excadrill, Probopass

Yet another good set of pulls.

Years
So, 5 days later, I've gone and opened a Mega Swampert EX Collection box.

BreakThrough Pack 1: Noivern BREAK, Mewtwo EX (61/162), Buddy-Buddy Rescue, Town Map, Judge

BreakThrough Pack 2: Smeargle, Judge

Roaring Skies Pack 1: Unfezant 81/108, Trainers' Mail

Roaring Skies Pack 2: reverse holo Swellow 72/108, Dragonite 52/108, Wally, Ultra Ball

Ancient Origins Pack 1: Entei 14/98, Tyranitar Spirit Link

Ancient Origins Pack 2: Vileplume 3/98, Dangerous Energy, Eco Arm

Primal Clash Pack 1: reverse holo Kingdra 108/160, FA Primal Groudon EX, Rough Seas

Primal Clash Pack 2: Groudon 84/160, Shield Energy

EX cards in 2 of 8 packs isn't bad at all.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought 2 Pyroar boxes from Toys r Us today, the first one contained 108 Gold M Charizard, it's actually the second one I've pulled from a Pyroar box, 3rd overall. This box also contained a holo Talonflame and a holo Dusknoir. So above average pulls for a promo box and crazy pulls when you consider the card pulled.

Spoiler:

The other box had 3 non holo rares but to be honest who cares...

Years
Opened a Charizard EX box today.

Flashfire Pack 1: Walrein, Pokemon Fan Club
Flashfire Pack 2: reverse holo Scrafty, Kangaskhan EX, Fiery Torch
XY Pack 1: Simipour, Professor's Letter
XY Pack 2: Cloyster, Rainbow Energy, Shadow Circle

Pretty underwhelming pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back