• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought a M Aerodactyl Box as well as a Mega Blaziken Pin and a Mega Swampert Pin blisters at Target. I also found some 2 holos/6 packs packs and some more of those 3 packs that come with a random holo and 3 packs. I didn't find any with full art Seismitoad as the holo so I passed...lol.
The 6 pack thing was cool, for 19.99 you get 6 recent packs, XY-Ancient Origins, most of the packs contained 2-4 sets, ie 3 Ancient Origins and 3 Phantom Forces.

M Aerodactyl Box
Furious Fists: Dragonite Ex
Roaring Skies: Dustox
Ancient Origins 1: Porygon-Z
Ancient Origins 2: Hoopa Ex
Breakthrough 1: Chesnaught Break and Houndoom FA
Breakthrough 2: Parasect

Blaziken Pin: Mewtwo Ex (62)
Swampert Pin: Kyurem FA
I will open the other pack tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Years
Some very nice pulls there, Maserati.

Opened the Hoopa EX Legendary Collection Box.

BREAKThrough Pack 1: reverse holo Hawlucha, Noctowl, Burning Energy
BREAKThrough Pack 2: Empoleon, Heavy Boots, Burning Energy
Roaring Skies Pack: FA Wally, Sky Field, Switch
Ancient Origins Pack: reverse holo Entei 15/98, Regirock, Forest of Giant Plant
Primal Clash Pack: Beedrill, Escape Rope

Was solid. The Roaring Skies pack made up for the mediocrity of the rest of it.

Years
Jealous of all those league promo holos you've got there.

Opened a Pikachu EX Legendary Collection box today.

Breakthrough Pack 1: Noivern Break, Mewtwo EX (61/162)
Breakthrough Pack 2: Abomasnow, Giovanni's Scheme, Brigette
Ancient Origins Pack: M Sceptile EX, Hex Maniac, Eco Arm
Roaring Skies Pack: reverse holo Dustox (8/108), Gallade EX, Rayquaza Spirit Link, Winona
Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Beedrill, Kingdra, Shrine of memories

A pretty good set of 5 packs, really.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I bought some more of those 6 pack sas well as 3 packs from adifferent Target.

I opened one of each today, the 3 pack had a Stoke Charizard ex and the Dusknoir Rev, which is the last reverse I needed from Flashfire, I've now pulled every reverse from the set, the only card I haven't pulled is the gold Kangaskhan. The promo was a crystal shard holo of White Kyurem from Boundaries Crossed, from the deck. The pack contained 2 Flashfire and 1 Boundaries Crossed pack.

The other larger pack had just a holo Pyroar and a holo Rhyperior. The holos on front were a rev Relicanth from Plasma Blast, and a rev Steelix GL Lv. 38, 51/111 The pack had 1 XY, 2 Flashfire and 3 Roaring Skies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened 2 Rage of the Broken Heavens boxes today.

Here's both boxes and closeup pictures. I think I was really lucky, I didn't pull any secret or ultra rare duplicates and I think I pulled every holo.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to both of my local Dollar Tree's today looking for some Breakthrough packs, the first only had Primal Clash, so Ibought 5.

The other had about 10 Breakthrough packs as well as some Phantom Forces packs, I bought all 10 Breakthrough packs. Glad I bought them, I got a new SR, a new Break and a new holo.
Spoiler:

Years
I... import myself a box of Japanese cards one of these days hot damn.

Also, turns out my brother had more to give me for Christmas that he couldn't find. He found 3 Furious Fists packs while cleaning.

Pack 1: Victreebel, Fighting Stadium, Full Heal
Pack 2: Glaceon, Herbal Energy
Pack 3: M Heracross EX, Sail Fossil

M Heracross EX was more than I was expecting from these packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened about 40 Dollar Tree packs today, most were Phantom Forces as I was looking for VS Seekers.
I also opened a Break Evolution Box, a Sableye blister and a couple of those 6 packs 2 holo packs from Target.
In the Break box I got a Haxorus Holo, so kind of terrible, but I did buy the one with no edgewear on the promos so I'd rather have promos with no edgewear then with.

The Dollar Tree packs: Full Art Sharpedo, a Full Art Florges, Holo Heliolisk, Holo Gigalich, Rev Chandelure and 1 VS Seeker(This was really hard to find in these packs)
A random Phantom Forces pack I bought at Target gave me a M Manectric Ex
6 pack number 1: A Head Ringer, a Holo Sceptile and a holo Dusknoir, the 2nd one that had 6 Roaring Skies packs had a Shaymin Ex, a Gallade Ex and a holo SWellow
The Sableye blister had a Gallade holo.
Will upload picture later.

Years
Opened a Mega Mewtwo Y BREAKThrough ETB that I picked up at GameStop.

Pack 1: reverse holo Reserved Ticket, Bronzong, Professor's Letter
Pack 2: Chesnaught, Glalie Spirit Link, Skyla
Pack 3: Florges BREAK, Abomasnow, Houndoom Spirit Link
Pack 4: Chatot, Buddy-Buddy Rescue, Brigette
Pack 5: reverse holo Raichu, Noctowl, Super Rod
Pack 6: Raichu BREAK, Cresselia, Burning Energy
Pack 7: Vivillon, Giovanni's Scheme, Fisherman
Pack 8: reverse holo Assault Vest, Mr. Mime, Rainbow Energy

Years
I bought a blister pack with the holo Ditto promo and 3 packs of primal clash. Came with a Chespin coin

Reverse Holos: Rhyperior, Lombre, Combusken

Holos: Manaphy

Regular Rare: Swampert, Diggersby

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
On the 30th I opened some packs, I found a couple of the 3 packs from Target with Dark Explorer packs, one also had an HS Unleashed pack. I also opened some more of the 6 packs. In the 6 packs I got another Florges full art, that's back to back Florges full arts, M Manectric Ex, M Charizard X Ex and Kyorge Ex, some holos. The most interesting card I pulled was

Spoiler:

Also I only opened 4 Dark Explorers in the past, 1 contained Magic the Gathering cards, a couple trainers and a couple code cards, the other 3 had Accelgor rares. These 2 both had Carnivine rares.

Years
On the 30th I opened some packs, I found a couple of the 3 packs from Target with Dark Explorer packs, one also had an HS Unleashed pack. I also opened some more of the 6 packs. In the 6 packs I got another Florges full art, that's back to back Florges full arts, M Manectric Ex, M Charizard X Ex and Kyorge Ex, some holos. The most interesting card I pulled was

Spoiler:

Also I only opened 4 Dark Explorers in the past, 1 contained Magic the Gathering cards, a couple trainers and a couple code cards, the other 3 had Accelgor rares. These 2 both had Carnivine rares.

Nice pull.

Also, Magic the Gathering cards bundled in a Pokemon blister???

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Someone had opened the pack from the bottom and taped both, they filled it with some Magic commons, a couple code cards and a couple trainers including Pokemon Catcher lol.

At the the time I was just starting to collect cards again so I didn't notice the tape thought was very noticeable if you were looking directly at it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened an Umbreon 3 pack and 4 Breakpoint booster packs from Target.

Spoiler:

Years
Someone had opened the pack from the bottom and taped both, they filled it with some Magic commons, a couple code cards and a couple trainers including Pokemon Catcher lol.

At the the time I was just starting to collect cards again so I didn't notice the tape thought was very noticeable if you were looking directly at it.

What the hell, man.

And there's an Espeon EX in the new set? I need to go buy some boosters of it now.

Anyway, picked up a bunch of stuff at GameStop today. Among those was a "Pokemon TCG: Elite Trainer Deck Shield" tin with 2 packs inside. Primal Clash packs, in fact.

Pack 1: Primal Kyogre EX, Rare Candy, Silent Lab
Pack 2: reverse holo Archie's Ace in the Hole, Medicham

Could have been a little better given that the tin was $12.99, but not too bad even still.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I opened 10 Breakpoint booster packs and 1 Pyroar blister

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Was also happy to see our local Walmart single blisters of Breakpoint were wrapped in plastic, this Walmart has their cards in a deserted checkout lane with little supervision as opposed to most places which either have cameras or they're by open checkout lanes. So I find opened packs here often. I kind of get the sense at Walmart that the employees don't care if people open them, and of course I worry that they may just stop selling the cards if the company thinks they are being stolen easily.

Spoiler:

Years
The employees probably don't get paid well enough to care that much about the cards.

Anyway, opened a BREAKThrough blister pack with a Mega Blaziken pin.

BREAKThrough Pack: Noivern, Heavy Boots

Ancient Origins Pack: reverse holo Hex Maniac, Entei, Dangerous Energy, Eco Arm

Primal Clash Pack: Groudon EX, Silent Lab

Not bad for a 3 packs and a pin blister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back