• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    That elite trainer box was kind of crazy. Getting 2 full arts in one box was a first, but having it be a duplicate seems even rarer. They were both in Zygarde packs as well so it must have been an error box. Pokemon is usually pretty good at spreading out it's exs.

Also no, there's no M Altaria pin, I wish there was.

Years
  • That elite trainer box was kind of crazy. Getting 2 full arts in one box was a first, but having it be a duplicate seems even rarer. They were both in Zygarde packs as well so it must have been an error box. Pokemon is usually pretty good at spreading out it's exs.

Also no, there's no M Altaria pin, I wish there was.

I'm thinking that dual Full Arts had to have been an error package.

I kind of wish there was now, too. Oh well, another thing to add to the long list of TCG merch and cards we'd all like to see.

Anyway, found a Pikachu Libre and Suicune Trainer Kit over the weekend. Looks like the cards in it should be a bit of fun.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I opened a Fates Collide Booster Box recently.

Spoiler:

I think it was a pretty good box with 7 ultra rares, 3 breaks and 5 holos. Overall the only duplicate ex was the Audino. Also the Bronzong was the only duplicate Break. Can't seem to pull the Gen 1 Breaks, Raichu, Golduck and now Omastar... Also got 24 new reverses as well as new non holo rares and uncommons.

One big disappointment with the box was the miscut full arts, it seems to me every box in this case probably had they error. It seems Pokemons quality control is still down the tubes. A lot of the commons were also miscut. I was actually hoping not to pull Umbreon and Glaceon full arts just because I didn't want to pull them miscut, lol.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2018
    I just recently started buying a few card packs here and there. I've got a few nice cards. Including a hooh ex out of the mewtwo ex tin I got and most recently a mega alakazam ex out of the first 3 fates collide packs I got

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Went to Target today, bought a Zygarde Tin, a Shiny Xerneas Tin and a 6 packs/2 holos thing. They didn't have any Shiny Yveltal tins left.

Zygarde Tin: Magnezone Holo, Dragonite Holo, DDE, Rainbow Energy, Mewtwo Spirit Link, N, 2 Audino Spirit Links and a Power Memory

The 6 pack had Milotic and Greninja Holos

The Xerneas Tin was cray, definitely my best tin ever. I mean the others tins are literally flopping around on the ground splashing up and down....

Spoiler:

Years
  • Opened a M Machamp EX tin today.

BreakPoint Pack 1: Meowstic, Max Potion
    BreakPoint Pack 2: Trevenant Break, Raticate, Puzzle of Time
    Primal Clash Pack: reverse holo Dive Ball, Walrein, Aggron Spirit Link
    Furious Fists Pack: Hawlucha, Focus Sash, Fighting Stadium

Not bad.

Years
  • Decided to buy and open one of those 6 packs and 2 foils packs that you sometimes see at Target and Wal-Mart. What caught my eye about this pack was that one of the foils appeared to be a league promo Bebe's Search. The other foil was Blacksmith. Onto the packs:

Furious Fists Pack 1: Landorus, Full Heal, Strong Energy
    Furious Fists Pack 2: FA Dragonite EX, Energy Switch, Battle Reporter
    Furious Fists Pack 3: reverse holo Korrina, Politoed, Sail Fossil
    Furious Fists Pack 4: reverse holo Clawitzer, Hariyama, Super Scoop Up
    Furious Fists Pack 5: reverse holo Herbal Energy, Breloom, Jaw Fossil
    Flashfire Pack: Forretress, Pokemon Center Lady

Bit more than I expected from one of these packs, really.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Had some BCBM's arrive recently in the mail, the reverses are from Boundaries Crossed, Plasma Storm and Plasma Blast.
    With these cards I am only missing 2 reverses from BC Audino and 64 Croagunk. As well as Full Art Keldeo and Black Kyurem and secret rares Golurk and Terrakion

Spoiler:

I have 3 more cards coming in the mail, a couple reverses and another special card.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ... I really should start looking at actually completing sets sometime soon.

Opened an Ash-Greninja EX box today.

Breakpoint Pack 1: reverse holo Trevenant, Zebstrika, Great Ball, Reverse Valley
    Breakpoint Pack 2: reverse holo Zebstrika, Lilligant, Psychic's Third Eye
    Ancient Origins Pack: Volcarona, Level Ball, Lysandre
    BreakThrough Pack: reverse holo Florges, Parasect, Town Map

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I opened 12 packs from Walmart today, 8 Breakthrough, 3 Fates Collide and 1 Ancient Origins.

In Breakthrough I'm still missing most of the Full Art Mega's, only recently pulled the FA X Mewtwo.

I ended up pulling the Y Mewtwo FA, but had a bit of a surprise later on. Also pulled a Mew Holo which is nice since I believe it's one of the most expensive cards in that set. And a Mewtwo Ex.

Also finished my Eeveelution plush collection with Eevee.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's probably more cost effective to have the occasional duplicate incident from the collector's side than to spend the extra time and money meticulously separating them out.

Opened a Mega Mawile Box today.

Breakthrough Pack 1: Simisear, Mewtwo Spirit Link
    Breakthrough Pack 2: Chesnaught BREAK, Smeargle, Heavy Ball, Float Stone
    Fates Collide Pack 1: Mr. Mime, Scorched Earth, Old Amber Aerodactyl
    Fates Collide Pack 2: reverse holo Alakazam Spirit Link, Carbink, Shauna
    BreakPoint Pack 1: reverse holo All-Night Party, Ferrothorn, All-Night Party, Psychic's Third Eye
    BreakPoint Pack 2: reverse holo Bursting Balloon, Luxray, Psychic's Third Eye

Compared to the pulls from yesterday's Ash-Greninja pack, it's a bit disappointing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I got an Ash-Greninja set today and pulled a Greninja Break in my first pack! I was so excited lol. I didn't really get anything else, not even a holo. But I have been having a lot of luck lately.

Still have no idea what I am going to do with the Jumbo card though.

Also just opened a Mega Dianicie Premium Box and got Full Art Lucario EX from Furious Fists!Also got a Gengar EX from Phantom Forces.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Bought the Zygarde box today at Target, also some $3.49 packs from the front, they raised the price from $3.33. But you can still get the 3 packs with promo for $9.99 which makes those packs $3.33.

The only holo I got in the Zygarde box was the Zygarde promo. Also noticed a huge flaw in the box design, you can actually read the code card through the hole in the back of the box as the code card's code is facing down as opposed to up... So I wouldn't be surprised if most of the codes don't work if you buy it at retail stores.

The loose packs were pretty good, a FA Wally, a Kangaskhan Ex and a Florges Holo

Finally got a Togekiss Ex in a 3 pack for $9.99. That's actually my 4th FA Wally, never pulled the FA Winona, finally just BCBM'd that one.

Years
  • Opened up a BreakPoint blister pack with the Umbreon XY96 promo inside.

Breakpoint Pack 1: Espeon EX, Great Ball
    Breakpoint Pack 2: Clefable, Scizor Spirit Link
    Breakpoint Pack 3: Golduck, Splash Energy, Pokemon Catcher

Not bad at all getting an EX in the first pack.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I opened some Dollar Tree Fates Collide packs yesterday, I bought 43 packs and usually in every 4 packs you want the middle card to be a common in 2 packs, a reverse in the 3rd and a rare in the 4th. This equals 1 regular $4.19 pack. The thing with Dollar Tree boxes is they are not evenly distributed for ratios, ie normally 1 in 3 here would be 1 in 12. All the holos/reverses can be lumped together as well as all the non holos. I'm pretty sure every box has ultra rares/holos/rares in them. I like to pick up packs from various locations in the box to have the best chance at getting rares. Ended up with 10 completed packs, which was 40/43 packs.

I pulled another M Alakazam FA, my 3rd I believe. Wasn't shocked since in Primal Clash I pulled 5 of the Mega Gardevoir FA and not one of the normal. So this set is following suit lol. Also pulled a Mew Holo, the best holo so that was good. Also pulled 3 new reverses, which is funny since I didn't get any in my last booster box.

I also opened some more Mystery Power Boxes, I pulled an Aggron FA, a Xerneas Ex, Virizion Holo and Carbink Holo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back