• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    When you asked the question, you didn't mention the Pokemon White PokeDex entry :P The one you mentioned (Black 2/White 2) said it eats nightmares so the question contradicts itself xD

It was sort of my intention to hide it, not because of the contradictions. But for possible questions. :P I'm guessing the English translator must have worded either or both dex flavors wrongly. :) My understanding is, it eats both kinds of dreams and it appears to those who are suffering nightmares. Like it detects nightmares then it eats it? Otherwise it's perfectly fine with both. Just my understanding though,

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Do you think Drowzee feeds on Musharna's Dream Mist?

If Musharna eats nightmares and 'purifys' them to become more positive Dream Mist then I think so. I don't remember there being any Drowzee in the Dreamyard in either game. There were Hypno in White 2 however.

On the subject of the 2nd Unova games The character Bianca appears to be much less anxious and worried during them than in Black and White. In part of the game she teams up with you and her opening Pokemon is a Musharna. It could be said that the Pink and Purple Pokemon eats the worried dreams of Bianca whilst she is sleeping making her less anxious.

Who is more creepy out of Drowzee and Munna? Why?

I feel Drowzee is more creepy than Munna. Drowzee has a more disconcerting appearance and evolves into the disturbing Hypno. Munna is a Pink Ball with a floral design (A reference to a Girl's wish in Gen 1) and evolves into a larger pink and Purple ball which is much less sinister.

Also Drowzee (And Hypno) is used by several members of Team Rocket in the Gen 1 games adding a little to it's menace. Munna and it's evolved form are only really used by the aforementioned Bianca and the Elite Four Member Caitlin. Neither of which have particularly sinister ideals.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Now we're taking a break from the Tapir Pokémon. In reality I didn't have much time to make questions haha.

So here's a quick question for October 31st's Halloween.

New topic:
    Which Psychic-type Pokémon is the creepiest, in your opinion? Why? (Individual, evolution or related ones like Mew and Mewtwo are allowed.)

Additionally I'm officially announcing Gothet as the co-owner of our Psychic-type Club! Please shower him with love! :)

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Which Psychic-type Pokémon is the creepiest, in your opinion? Why?
    Probably Jynx. It's hard to describe but it seems to just stare into your soul until you break and then feast on the remnants of your sanity. Brr, it's freaky >~<

Congratulations, Gothet! You deserve it and I'm sure you'll do an amazing job as co-owner!

...Please shower him some love! :)
    Engrish xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Which Psychic-type Pokémon is the creepiest, in your opinion? Why?
    Probably Jynx. It's hard to describe but it seems to just stare into your soul until you break and then feast on the remnants of your sanity. Brr, it's freaky >~<

Congratulations, Gothet! You deserve it and I'm sure you'll do an amazing job as co-owner!

Engrish xD

Pot calling the kettle black. :P

It was just a minor typo, I didn't proofread, that's just it. No need to associate it to 'Engrish'. ;)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My kettle's made of stainless steel :P The "Engrish" was on purpose xD

Anyways, anyways, back on topic, what do you think is the creepiest Psychic type?

The creepiest would be my mother. Gothitelle's cry in Gen V, it reminds me of the classic thriller film called The Shining. While Mr. Mime wins the creepy movement awards. :'(

Years
  • The creepiest would be my mother. Gothitelle's cry in Gen V, it reminds me of the classic thriller film called The Shining. While Mr. Mime wins the creepy movement awards. :'(

Mr. Mime's animations always give off that creepy vibe. Its 6th Gen model always intrigues me but it's acting like a typical mime when you look at it closely. As for Gothitelle, its cry sounds like it was ripped out of the iconic shower scene music from the Alfred Hitchcock classic film Psycho. I was so pissed its cry got ruined in 6th Gen, it just doesn't sound the same anymore.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Now we're taking a break from the Tapir Pokémon. In reality I didn't have much time to make questions haha.

So here's a quick question for October 31st's Halloween.

New topic:
    Which Psychic-type Pokémon is the creepiest, in your opinion? Why? (Individual, evolution or related ones like Mew and Mewtwo are allowed.)

Additionally I'm officially announcing Gothet as the co-owner of our Psychic-type Club! Please shower him with love! :)

*Brushes hearts off self with Towel* Thank You.

What do you find to be the creepiest Psychic Type?

So many candidates, Espurr is more powerful than it's Evolutions, Gardevoir is shown in a lot of Waifu material, Jynx's creepyness is well documented and Drowzee and Hypno are also shrouded in creepy lore

But the winner is one of my favourite Psychic types Gothitelle. Not only does it have a somewhat disconcerting appearance. It can see into the future and it's trainers lifespan. It cries when it sees this...The issue is it learns the move Fake Tears meaning its true motives are unclear.

Which Psychic-type Pokémon is the creepiest, in your opinion? Why?

Thank You Ketsu. :)

Mr. Mime's animations always give off that creepy vibe. Its 6th Gen model always intrigues me but it's acting like a typical mime when you look at it closely. As for Gothitelle, its cry sounds like it was ripped out of the iconic shower scene music from the Alfred Hitchcock classic film Psycho. I was so pissed its cry got ruined in 6th Gen, it just doesn't sound the same anymore.

I also wonder why its cry got changed in Gen 6. Unless Hitchcock's estate asked for Nintendo to change it for Copyright reasons I see no reason it needed to be changed. The Gen 6 cry isn't bad but the Gen 5 cry is so much better and more fitting.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Tapir Pokémon, Pt. IV

In Generations I and III, on Route 10, Picnicker Carol mentions that she wishes that there were pink Pokémon with floral patterns, a description of which Munna fits.
    Was it a coincidence that Munna matches Carol's description?
    Was Munna planned long before she appeared in Gen V games?
    Do you think that the Munna line could have been in the Drowzee line's place?

I'm still thinking about our next topic and if you have ideas, don't hesitate to being it up after the current one is inactive.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Was it a coincidence that Munna matches Carol's description?

It seems like a coincidence. If Munna appears as whatever the trainer wants most, it would have so many more designs xD

I don't think so :o I believe that Munna was made when they were thinking of Pokemon for Gen V. If it was thought up long before, it would have a PokeDex number closer to those of the starters.

The lines, while having similarities, are separate and I honestly do not think either could replace the other. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Tapir Pokémon, Pt. IV

A) Yes and No. The wish for a pink and flowery Pokemon was made in an early game with Munna likely not being designed. It may have been designed that way as a nod to longtime fans.

B) I think the Munna line may have been planned around Gen 4 for no reason other than gut feeling.

C) Gen 5 contained numerous Gen 1 expys but Munna could not directly replace Drowzee. Munna is portrayed as a sweet pink Pig like Pokemon whilst Drowzee is a somewhat disconcerting humanoid tapir Pokemon. Two Pokemon of similar typing and ideas but different interpretations.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    A) Yes and No. The wish for a pink and flowery Pokemon was made in an early game with Munna likely not being designed. It may have been designed that way as a nod to longtime fans.

B) I think the Munna line may have been planned around Gen 4 for no reason other than gut feeling.

C) Gen 5 contained numerous Gen 1 expys but Munna could not directly replace Drowzee. Munna is portrayed as a sweet pink Pig like Pokemon whilst Drowzee is a somewhat disconcerting humanoid tapir Pokemon. Two Pokemon of similar typing and ideas but different interpretations.

I think Carol's description was actually a real idea for Gen I but was eventually scrapped. Look at this unreleased Pokémon's design, its head bears a striking resemblance to Tirtouga. Similarly, the Shellos line was shelved in RS, then the Shellos line was redesigned and released for the Diamond and Pearl versions. :')

But the Munna line are actually based on a tapir and baku like the Drowzee line.

Who's in for a Halloween Psychic-type collaboration? Meaning we'll have similar themes and avatar.~

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I can't believe I need to bump this club.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I think Carol's description was actually a real idea for Gen I but was eventually scrapped. Look at this unreleased Pokémon's design, its head bears a striking resemblance to Tirtouga. Similarly, the Shellos line was shelved in RS, then the Shellos line was redesigned and released for the Diamond and Pearl versions. :')

But the Munna line are actually based on a tapir and baku like the Drowzee line.

Who's in for a Halloween Psychic-type collaboration? Meaning we'll have similar themes and avatar.~

Did Nintendo/Game Freak know that Pokémon was going to be as successful as it was...I'm not sure although it is very possible that preliminary designs of Pokemon from the later generations were in blueprint form in Gen 1 including Munna.

A Psychic themed Halloween theme? I'd be in for that. :)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • I've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to post here.

Yes, there's so much time between Gen I and Gen V that it's hard to believe they planned Munna so early.

No but I think GameFreak got the idea of Munna from Carol's description.

No because they're so different.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've been so busy recently that I haven't had time to post here.

Yes, there's so much time between Gen I and Gen V that it's hard to believe they planned Munna so early.

No but I think GameFreak got the idea of Munna from Carol's description.

No because they're so different.
    Hahaha, that wasn't what I meant when I said the "I can't believe' blah blah. It was simply as you see, I really couldn't believe the activity declined. Oh, btw our Showdown event seemed to have been postponed. Lol

Btw, Gothet has reminded me a new topic from his own club.~
    Create your own shiny coloration for an existing Pokemon, tell us why these colors in particular, as well as the dislike for its original shiny color.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Hahaha, that wasn't what I meant when I said the "I can't believe' blah blah. It was simply as you see, I really couldn't believe the activity declined. Oh, btw our Showdown event seemed to have been postponed. Lol

Btw, Gothet has reminded me a new topic from his own club.~
    Create your own shiny coloration for an existing Pokemon, tell us why these colors in particular, as well as the dislike for its original shiny color.

The Pokemon I am picking is Alakazam. I have a Shiny Male Alakazam called Nostradamus.

Alakazam's current Shiny keeps the Yellow of its regular color scheme but the brown is replaced by an intense pink colour, whilst this shade of Pink is the type colour of Psychic and the Shiny doesn't look bad it could be better.

I'd like to see Shiny Alakazam keep the slightly ethereal pale colour of its Shiny pre-evolutions and the pink part becoming White. This would give Alakazam a ghostly look and would help symbolise both the rarity of the Pok?mon's form (Although Friend Safari does make finding a Shiny Abra a lot easier) and his strong Psychic Powers.
    Spr_6x_065_m_s.png

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Brain Over Brawn Notices

Free flow convo club?

• One of my other club, Flying-type Club, has a new format, 'new topics' will no longer be available. The said club will be almost-completely free flow, while still be discussing anything about the Flying-type. Now I'm considering if we should follow it, please let me know your thoughts about it whether you're supportive of it or not.

New segments

I'm planning new segments for our very club, since we have like a few active members please bear with me. {XD} Please take note that nothing is finalized yet, therefore feedback and suggestions are needed and deeply appreciated!

• (Psychic-type) Egg Swaps*
      We swap Egg Pokemons like the Get-Together format, hence the name. Since we have only three active members, it wouldn't hurt to swap per 2 eggs. In case you don't have 3DS/compatible games, we can always swap Pokemon files, if you are playing rom. Note that this limits to Gen III to V games.
    • Psychic Pokemon Clash
      It takes a similar format with the Pokemon of The Week from our fellow clubs, but you pick who's the winner of the week through voting. 2 Psychic Pokemon are chosen (by random number generator) for that week and we pit them against each other. But you'll have to answer questions about the pitted Pokemon, haha. Be noted that the winning Pokemon do not have to be strong in competitive, you pick the winner by your own definitions.
    • Battle Showdown*
      This is rather self explanatory. It is unavailable for the time being for obvious reasons. M2, I would really like you to take charge of this department for our Psychic-club. :)Offer declined
    • Pokemon Wild Hunt
      This is my personal favorite, we hunt for a Psychic-type Pokemon! For example, we are assigned to hunt for four Smoochum that week. Here comes the fun part: Winning factors differ from week to week, it varies from the one who catches the target Pokemon first wins, the highest IV total stat, highest total stat, highest level, must contain a certain move and so on. If our club grows bigger again, we may split in teams to add the fun. We can also hunt from any games: from Gen I to Gen VI, or even spinoff games.
      [*]Pokemon Egg Hunt
      Similar to wild hunt, but instead of catching you hatch eggs! Lol Tasks varies as well, from hatching 3 Mime Jr to 1 perfect IV Smoochum to hatching with specific nature and/movesets.
      [*](Psychic) Mono Race*
      The last one has proven to be successful, despite the busy schedule, haha. It doesn't hurt to organize it again, but with simpler rules obviously.
      [*]Psychic Scenario Campaign V2 and Currency
      If we are organizing the aforementioned events, we should introduce a money, an in-club currency. Instead of limiting you guys, you'll be able to buy scenario items, scenario Pokemon with the said currency to upgrade your Scenario Team. Maybe we can tie in the Pokemon Scenario team for our showdown teams? (I'll let M2 decide that if he takes the offer, haha) The in-game currency can be earn by participating, winning, selling scenario items, selling scenario Pokemon and doing other stuff like contributing to the club, etc.

*Can be a join-event with fellow clubs.

New amendments

• The one month rule then strike out thing will be removed, but we will highlight active members in return.
    • Shortening the rule section, to be more friendly and less restricting.

Others

• Ketsu's Battle Showdown proposed event is officially cancelled by him.
    • Psychic Mono is still on the run actually, despite the busy schedule of M2 and Dragoz's lack of activity. {XD}
    • Feedback, feedback and feedback please.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back