• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    What if I said, "I don't need no Golduck!"? Hehehe, for you see, I have done it! I took him down! Gosh it was hard, though.

I've already described Excadrill and Krookodile and Sunflower is right, Golduck is the only Pokemon that Excadrill can't counter super effectively. That's your best bet.

As for the rest of his team, he has a Claydol who has Earthquake but it's no big deal since it's pretty weak offensively. As long as your Pokemon aren't weak to it's hit (pretty much any Psychic type except Metagross works), it's no problem. He also has a Seismitoad who's the back-up Sandstorm user. It's holding a Rindo Berry so Magical Leaf can't OHKO it and so it will get one turn in the least. Lastly, he has a Nidoking and we all know how Poison types do against Mono-Psychic teams ^.^ (I'm ignoring Roxie. She doesn't exist! >.<)

Basically, get through the Excadrill/Krookodile and you're in the clear! Plus he gives you Earthquake at the end so it's well worth it!

Good luck! (I'll probably do one last update before going to bed, assuming someone posts xD)

^50 Pts for defeating the insane Clay.

There's also Slowpoke, it can be found in Castelia Sewers. If you evolve it by the time you arrived Driftveil, then it's your lucky day!

Slowbro is very well known for its high defensive stat as well as being able to hit well!

Metagross already!?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    ^50 Pts for defeating the insane Clay.

There's also Slowpoke, it can be found in Castelia Sewers. If you evolve it by the time you arrived Driftveil, then it's your lucky day!

Slowbro is very well known for its high defensive stat as well as being able to hit well!

Metagross already!?

I actually went back and put the details in spolier tags. I realised that I'm stealing a huge part of the game! The surprise, the challenge! I enjoyed/enjoy all the crazy fights and I don't want to take that away from you guys! Sorry if you saw it already (that's you Sunflower >.<)! Spoiler tags mean that if you really want to, you can look at it but if you like the challenge, well, good luck! xD

Also, might as well update now since you know I beat Clay xD

Pokemon
    1. Metang evolved into Metagross.2. Gothorita evolved into Gothitelle.

TMs
    1. Earthquake
    2. Flame Charge

Also, little tip to train Pokemon;
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Team Blaze Black Points Update!
    990 Points (last score) + 70 Points = Current total 1060 Points
    TM x2= 20 Pts
    Defeating Clay 50 Pts

Ketsu, this Monotype Challenge is memorable! {XD}

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    990 Points (last score) + 70 Points = Current total 1060 Points
    TM x2= 20 Pts
    Defeating Clay 50 Pts

Ketsu, this Monotype Challenge is memorable! {XD}

Yeah, the challenge where the Route trainers are 10 levels below you and the Gym leaders are 10 levels above you! The challenge where you sweep through trainer after trainer and then get your bottom handed to you by Pokemon you're super-effective against xD No but really and truly, this is fun!

Final update for the day (going to bed, it's late);
    ... I got Frost Breath. Well...the TM for it xD
    Oh and sorry about this, but I think you forgot to add points for the two evolutions! >.<

Good night and good luck!

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah, the challenge where the Route trainers are 10 levels below you and the Gym leaders are 10 levels above you! The challenge where you sweep through trainer after trainer and then get your bottom handed to you by Pokemon you're super-effective against xD No but really and truly, this is fun!

Final update for the day (going to bed, it's late);
    ... I got Frost Breath. Well...the TM for it xD
    Oh and sorry about this, but I think you forgot to add points for the two evolutions! >.<

Good night and good luck!

When we talk about how tough the Gym Leaders are, you'd imagine if the Elite Four are as diffcult as the
    Leaders or much difficult than what we've experience so far. :'(

Oops for the mistake! {XD}

1060 Points (last score) + 50 Points = Current total 1110 Points

Gothorita > Gothitelle 20 Pts
    Metang > Metagross 20 Pts
    Frost Breath TM 10 Pts

Sleep well!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I am sure this Gen was made to punish Psychic Types. I am yet to have a battle where I have not been hit by a Dark Type Move.

Team update

Evan the Eevee evolved into Espeon after KOing a Lilligant.
    Harley the Woobat was caught in the Ruins next to the Sewers.

Third Gym Battle

Spoiler:

I also just about survived the battle with Colress who is basically a Steel User. Now off to catch a Sigilyph.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I am sure this Gen was made to punish Psychic Types. I am yet to have a battle where I have not been hit by a Dark Type Move.

Team update

Evan the Eevee evolved into Espeon after KOing a Lilligant.
    Harley the Woobat was caught in the Ruins next to the Sewers.

Third Gym Battle

Spoiler:

I also just about survived the battle with Colress who is basically a Steel User. Now off to catch a Sigilyph.

It does feel like a punishment! :'(
    If you are following Ketsu's posts you'd probably feel the same...

To add on the insult, it feels specially humilating when we aren't wiped out by our weaknesses!

Congrats with Evan and capturing Harley!

Are you going to discard Harley for a Sigilyph? I mean they are exact same types, yet Sigilyph learns a little more like Ice Beam.

I personally suggest you to leave a slot for Metang, which I available in late game. I believe they can be find in Giant Chasm (inner, Grass areas), just brace yourself with a lots of Ultra Balls, Timer Balls and Dusk Balls which are handy in the night hour!

Colress can be difficult to win with his Magneton an Magnezone later in game. :(

It is indeed a shame that there's no Bug/Psychic. Venomoth had the potential.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    It does feel like a punishment! :'(
    If you are following Ketsu's posts you'd probably feel the same...

To add on the insult, it feels specially humilating when we aren't wiped out by our weaknesses!

Congrats with Evan and capturing Harley!

Are you going to discard Harley for a Sigilyph? I mean they are exact same types, yet Sigilyph learns a little more like Ice Beam.

I personally suggest you to leave a slot for Metang, which I available in late game. I believe they can be find in Giant Chasm (inner, Grass areas), just brace yourself with a lots of Ultra Balls, Timer Balls and Dusk Balls which are handy in the night hour!

Colress can be difficult to win with his Magneton an Magnezone later in game. :(

It is indeed a shame that there's no Bug/Psychic. Venomoth had the potential.

I have been following the posts. Everyone seems to be getting hit on this run. :(

Cassandra and Metang (Metagross is a Pseudo Legendary after all) when I get one are locks for my team as will Starmie when I find one. Everything else is up in the air.

Evan is able to one hit Ko most things with Take Down and has Speed. Harley will likely be useful when it evolves whilst I have never used Sigilyph. The floating Rocks Solrock and Lunatone are in consideration too.

I forgot what Colress used thinking he was an Electric type user, he is but loves Steel more.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have been following the posts. Everyone seems to be getting hit on this run. :(

Cassandra and Metang (Metagross is a Pseudo Legendary after all) when I get one are locks for my team as will Starmie when I find one. Everything else is up in the air.

Evan is able to one hit Ko most things with Take Down and has Speed. Harley will likely be useful when it evolves whilst I have never used Sigilyph. The floating Rocks Solrock and Lunatone are in consideration too.

I forgot what Colress used thinking he was an Electric type user, he is but loves Steel more.

What's going to be your Metang's name?

I called mine Chrono.~
    My Espeon is called Ketsu and my Kadabra as Mewton (alluded to Mewtwolover). My male Kirlia is supposed to be a Gallade in my team is called Gothet. :P

I defeated Elesa with zero white out! As I have the Psyshock TM, and Electric-type are generally weak on the Defensive stat. So I took advatage of their weakness. I'm sure it's not gonna be this easy with Clay, hahaha!

Captured male Ralts (missed the "Ralts was captured" scene so I screencapped when the pokédex data was added):

That's a perfect pic! Pic bonus and capture points! ^_^ I'm updating the scoreboard tmr. ;)

Just level up the handsome Ralt yoyve caught to level 6 then you can box your Snivy and officially begin your Psychic-mono!

Careful, a Youngster in the ranch has a Poochyena!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    What's going to be your Metang's name?

I called mine Chrono.~
    My Espeon is called Ketsu and my Kadabra as Mewton (alluded to Mewtwolover). My male Kirlia is supposed to be a Gallade in my team is called Gothet. :P

I defeated Elesa with zero white out! As I have the Psyshock TM, and Electric-type are generally weak on the Defensive stat. So I took advatage of their weakness. I'm sure it's not gonna be this easy with Clay,

I honestly have no idea what I will name the Metang. I plan to name Lunatone 'Tony' when I get it.

My Gothita has Psyshock. It learned it as soon as it hatched. When it evolves into Gothitelle (Why Level 41 Game Freak?) It may well be the Ace of my team.

I like your nicknames. I imagine your Male Kirlia (Gothet) does not like being in a Flesh Dress. I have had excellent Male Gardevoir's in the past however especially the one that basically soloed Emerald. :)

I'm not looking forward to facing Clay either particularly with his Excadrill being Part Steel.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I honestly have no idea what I will name the Metang. I plan to name Lunatone 'Tony' when I get it.

My Gothita has Psyshock. It learned it as soon as it hatched. When it evolves into Gothitelle (Why Level 41 Game Freak?) It may well be the Ace of my team.

I like your nicknames. I imagine your Male Kirlia (Gothet) does not like being in a Flesh Dress. I have had excellent Male Gardevoir's in the past however especially the one that basically soloed Emerald. :)

I'm not looking forward to facing Clay either particularly with his Excadrill being Part Steel.

Metta or Tank would be good. :)

That's because TM moves are sort of Egg Moves in Gen II to Gen V games. :) Yep, Unova Pokémon are well known for the late-level evolution, while Sinnoh Pokémon are notably for unqie evolution method as well as a few early level evolutions like the Gible line, Starly line

Hahaha, Gothet is now a Gallade. He's been replaced with a Meditite and Metang. *shot dead*

Let's see... For Clay, you can counter him status moves like making his Pokémon sleep or confusing them, which are both luck based! Don't forget his Krokorok as well!

Years
    Sorry, haven't updated for 1 day. Here's what happened yesterday(and today)....

-Arya and Robb are now Kirlias!
    -Did the Virbank Complex miniquest and got TM for Rock Smash. Also, Low Sweep TM was just outside.
    -Roxie was easy. Everything was one hitted, including Arya who got Steamrolled by Whirlipede. Luckily Robb had Quick Claw and fried Whirlipede with Psybeam. Got Toxic Badge and Venoshock TM!
    -Caught myself a Psyduck. Modest and Swift Swim. Named him Stannis(yup, gonna name all with GoT characters). Grinded, Audino-trained him to 19.
    -Met Brawly at the docks. All was well until Scraggy came along.
    -Got TM for Smack Down at the Castelia Sewers.

Will update tomorrow again! I must be the slowest player here ;-;

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I called mine Chrono.~
    My Espeon is called Ketsu and my Kadabra as Mewton (alluded to Mewtwolover). My male Kirlia is supposed to be a Gallade in my team is called Gothet.
    @Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

I defeated Elesa with zero white out! As I have the Psyshock TM, and Electric-type are generally weak on the Defensive stat. So I took advatage of their weakness. I'm sure it's not gonna be this easy with Clay, hahaha!

You named your Espeon after me! Somehow, that made my day xD Thanks :P
    I named my Metagross Koloktos (Zelda fans unite :P)
    Congrats on beating Elesa! She's no pushover!

Sorry, haven't updated for 1 day. Here's what happened yesterday(and today)....

-Arya and Robb are now Kirlias!
    -Did the Virbank Complex miniquest and got TM for Rock Smash. Also, Low Sweep TM was just outside.
    -Roxie was easy. Everything was one hitted, including Arya who got Steamrolled by Whirlipede. Luckily Robb had Quick Claw and fried Whirlipede with Psybeam. Got Toxic Badge and Venoshock TM!
    -Caught myself a Psyduck. Modest and Swift Swim. Named him Stannis(yup, gonna name all with GoT characters). Grinded, Audino-trained him to 19.
    -Met Brawly at the docks. All was well until Scraggy came along.

Will update tomorrow again! I must be the slowest player here ;-;

Don't worry! We got this! To be honest, after seeing how ridiculously hard it is, I couldn't blame anyone for being slow >.< In any case, as long as you have fun, right? :P

Also, I've destroyed any chance of using Starmie >.< Got the Fire Stone from the Battle Company so there goes a water type xD Might have to backtrack and catch/train/evolve a Slowpoke or Psyduck >.< Gosh darn it! Turns out you can catch Starmie on Route 13! Hooray! Might have to catch a Slowpoke to Surf on though! ^.^

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Metta or Tank would be good. :)

That's because TM moves are sort of Egg Moves in Gen II to Gen V games. :) Yep, Unova Pokémon are well known for the late-level evolution, while Sinnoh Pokémon are notably for unqie evolution method as well as a few early level evolutions like the Gible line, Starly line

Hahaha, Gothet is now a Gallade. He's been replaced with a Meditite and Metang. *shot dead*

Let's see... For Clay, you can counter him status moves like making his Pokémon sleep or confusing them, which are both luck based! Don't forget his Krokorok as well!

Replacing a Gallade with a Meditite? How could you? :)

I have a Shiny Gible on Gen 6. :) Can't use it for this Challenge though.

White 2 Challenge Update

New Catches

Guiliana the Modest Sigilyph - Seems to be bulkier than Woobat and faster

Rebecca the Solosis

Battle with Elesa
    Spoiler:

After a triple battle with Charles the Biker it is on to Driftveil.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    I'll do an update too then xD

Pokemon
    1. Caught a Slowpoke (Castelia Sewers).
    2. Caught a Starmie (Route 13).

Battles
    1. Beat Hugh at the PWT (it's part of the story line and is necessary but his Pokemon are at level 25 and no EXP is given so I dunno if it counts!)
    2. Beat Mistralton City Gym (Skyla).
    3. Beat Hugh at Undella Town.

TMs
    Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Hurricane, U-Turn, Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Rock Polish, Flamethrower, Psychic, Bug Buzz, Wild Charge, Protect (12 total).

I had full details on Skyla's Pokemon (right down to the gender) typed out on Notepad but then a power cut sorta ruined that so I'm sorry to say I can't help you guys out! >.< This is as much as I can remember;
    Spoiler:

It shouldn't matter too much since she's the easiest so far. Nothing on her team counters Psychic types and you can get Thunderbolt before you get to Mistralton City so it's really no problem (if you have Espeon, you'd have Power Gem which helps out a lot too!)!

Good luck and good night!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    I've been busy so I'm advancing slowly but steadily. Caught also a female Ralts in order to get Gardevoir later. The challenge really started for me as well because I deposit my starter.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Spoiler: side chats that I love

I'm trying to name my team with everyone's names! It's difficult to call a non-Dragon-type as Dragoz though. @_@

Evolutionary items and other handy items are available at R9 Department Store!

Lucky you on that Starmie! I have a Slowbro called Darwin (Didn't know how did the name came up, but it looks like a Darwin to me. :P )

Medicham learns Bullet Punch naturally in this hack, she learns Tri-colored punches as level up moves and she has Pure Power as well. While Gallade is able to take hits, but unfortunately Shadow Sneak isn't edited as his level up move!

Swoobat is a lot faster, but Sigilyph hits harder! You are correct on the bulk part, Swoobat can't really take much hit.

I personally think that Simple Swoobat (aka HA Swoobat) is useful than its normal variant. As it can abuse Calm Mind with the Simple Ability!

Route 6 has a Hidden Grotto for Woobat, you might wanna try your luck there!

That is in fact an electrifying battle! :o I'm glad you won! Congrats!

1110 Points (last score) + 215 Pts (Ketsu) + 110 Pts (Dragoz) = Current total 1435 Points

Points contributed by Ketsu: 215 Pts
    10 Points for Slowpoke capture
    10 Points for Starmie Capture
    Rule says from the very beginning PWT match don't count. :P So as the PWT match with Cheren. {XD} Saw this coming, so I had to make a countermeasure for this before the event starts! {XD}
    50 Points for pounding Skyla.
    25 Points for slamming Qwilfish Head.
    120 Points for new TMs collected.

Points contributed by Dragoz: 110 Pts
    20 Points for evolving Ralts to Kirlia.
    10 Points for Rock Smash TM.
    10 Points for Low Sweep TM.
    10 Points for Venoshock TM.
    50 Points for messing up with Roxie.
    Evolve it into Golduck for points. :v :v :v
    Brawly gives no points :v :v :v #SorryNotSorry
    10 Points for Smack Down TM.

Y'all know the thing! Please re-calculate the scores to confirm it's accurate. :D

[S-HIGHLIGHT]My personal tips for everyone:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    • Don't be afraid to invest time in EV training, it helped me a lot that my Pokémon can attack strongly/take the opponents' moves (Your Nature and IV doesn't really matter, let's just hope they aren't that bad);
    • Macho Bracer is available at Route 16-Nimbasa Gate.
    • Don't hesitate to spend money on things like HP recovery items, depending on your current level drinks like Moomoo milk, Lemonade make good and cheap substitute;
    • Revival Herb is handy than Revive, it revives a Pokémon with full HP;
    • Don't forget the status recovery iems as well;
    • Amulet Coin is available in Castelia City .
    • Set Battle Scene to Off for a faster progress..
    • DO NOT BATTLE THE FISHERMAN IN ROUTE 13, THE ONE THAT IS NEAREST TO THE GATE. IT FREEZES YOUR GAME AFTER WINNING. (Might be my game's problem, be sure to save first before battling him, if you insist battling.)
    • Psychic-types learn different types of moves, take advantage of that trait!
    • Do your best but take your time M2, I got your back! {XD}

Spoiler: Major Trainer Teams

Mistralton battles
    Skyla's Team
    Archeops
    Togekiss
    Swanna
    Skarmory
    Gliscor
    All Lv47 and Lv49 for Swanna.

Juan's Team
    Crawdaunt (has Crunch)
    Walrein
    Kingdra (has Surf and Dragon Pulse)
    Luvdisc
    Whiscash (Know Dragon Dance and has the berry that weakens Grass moves!)

Opellucid battles
    Winona's Team
    Tropius
    Swellow
    Skarmory
    Pelipper
    Altaria

Trainers at Opelucid Gym has Lv 52 Pokémon, so watch out!
    Drayden's Team
    Zweilous
    Flygon
    Druddigon has Thunder Punch and Outrage. I believe it has Sheer Force as its ABility, it also has Life Orb.
    Altaria has Fire Blast and Cotton Guard and that berry weakens the Ice moves.
    Haxorus has Outage and Dragon Gem, it knows Eartquake as well!
    All Lv 54 and 56 for Haxorus

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler: side chats that I love

Medicham learns Bullet Punch naturally in this hack, she learns Tri-colored punches as level up moves and she has Pure Power as well. While Gallade is able to take hits, but unfortunately Shadow Sneak isn't edited as his level up move!

Swoobat is a lot faster, but Sigilyph hits harder! You are correct on the bulk part, Swoobat can't really take much hit.

I personally think that Simple Swoobat (aka HA Swoobat) is useful than its normal variant. As it can abuse Calm Mind with the Simple Ability!

Route 6 has a Hidden Grotto for Woobat, you might wanna try your luck there!

That is in fact an electrifying battle! :o I'm glad you won! Congrats!

Points contributed by Dragoz: 110 Pts
    20 Points for evolving Ralts to Kirlia.
    10 Points for Rock Smash TM.
    10 Points for Low Sweep TM.
    10 Points for Venoshock TM.
    50 Points for messing up with Roxie.
    Evolve it into Golduck for points. :v :v :v
    Brawly gives no points :v :v :v #SorryNotSorry
    10 Points for Smack Down TM.

Y'all know the thing! Please re-calculate the scores to confirm it's accurate. :D
    Spoiler: Major Trainer Teams

Mistralton battles
    Skyla's Team
    Archeops
    Togekiss
    Swanna
    Skarmory
    Gliscor
    All Lv47 and Lv49 for Swanna.

Juan's Team
    Crawdaunt (has Crunch)
    Walrein
    Kingdra (has Surf and Dragon Pulse)
    Luvdisc
    Whiscash (Know Dragon Dance and has the berry that weakens Grass moves!)

Opellucid battles
    Winona's Team
    Tropius
    Swellow
    Skarmory
    Pelipper
    Altaria

Trainers at Opelucid Gym has Lv 52 Pokémon, so watch out!
    Drayden's Team
    Zweilous
    Flygon
    Druddigon has Thunder Punch and Outrage. I believe it has Sheer Force as its ABility, it also has Life Orb.
    Altaria has Fire Blast and Cotton Guard and that berry weakens the Ice moves.
    Haxorus has Outage and Dragon Gem, it knows Eartquake as well!
    All Lv 54 and 56 for Haxorus

Medicham may have been made more useful in the hack but it is too silly looking for me to ever use it.

I have bad memories of Hidden Grottos in my last playthrough, all I seemed to get was near worthless Mulch.

My Sigilyph has the very useful ability Wonder Skin which helped greatly against Thunder Wave spamming Colress in PWT, in fact the Avianoid Pokemon soloed the Tournament and is the unsung hero of my team.

Battle with Clay
    Spoiler:

Team Update

Caught Laura the Baltoy in the Room where Volcarona is.
    Found the Light Clay and put it on Guiliana which extends the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. :)

Next stop Mistralton, Skyla and my favourite Town Music in the series.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Thanks for updating the score as always! Here's a more in detail overview of Drayden's team at the Opelucid City Gym;

Spoiler:

I feel like it's getting easier and easier now :o

Here's a tiny update;
    Pokemon
    Nada. None. Not one. >.<
    TMs
    Poison Jab, Swagger, Dragon Tail.
    Battles
    Opelucid City Gym (Drayden)

Status
    Not open for further replies.