• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Definitely! I checked the hack and am now so hyped for it!

Now Gothet, pleeeaaaassse join us? :P *continues nagging* It's gonna be fun if we're all doing this together.~
    What's the meaning of club event if you're playing a different one from the rest of us, right Dragoz? ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Now Gothet, pleeeaaaassse join us? :P *continues nagging* It's gonna be fun if we're all doing this together.~
    What's the meaning of club event if you're playing a different one from the rest of us, right Dragoz? ;)

Unfortunately I can't as my computer needs repairing and likely won't be for a which which will leave me with having to dash through the game to catch everyone else if you haven't finished already.And again playing a hacked game feels wrong to me.

I have both Gen 5 games so providing I don't basically cheat with trading Pokemon in. (Like importing a Level 80 Latias from my old game) I should be fine.

There is a wide range in White 2 so with Ralts taking up a spot. I have to pick five from Munna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Jynx, Metagross, Espeon, Solrock and Lunatone. (Does Zen Mode Dalmanitan Count?) Along with Pokemon like Abra I can import if need be.

Think of it as me playing the other version to everyone else. :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Unfortunately I can't as my computer needs repairing and likely won't be for a which which will leave me with having to dash through the game to catch everyone else if you haven't finished already.And again playing a hacked game feels wrong to me.

I have both Gen 5 games so providing I don't basically cheat with trading Pokemon in. (Like importing a Level 80 Latias from my old game) I should be fine.

There is a wide range in White 2 so with Ralts taking up a spot. I have to pick five from Munna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Jynx, Metagross, Espeon, Solrock and Lunatone. (Does Zen Mode Dalmanitan Count?) Along with Pokemon like Abra I can import if need be.

Think of it as me playing the other version to everyone else. :)

Geeeeeezzz, you should have said your earlier. *smacks you with a Twisted Spoon*
    Okay, I'll upload the patch here tomorrow and as well as list the rules. ~

Gothet, you're free to start your own monotype Psychic challenge (since that doesn't count as official participation), however, we would still like to hear more about your adventures.

Meanwhile I'd like to ask Dragoz, Ketsu, Mewtwolover which hacks do you prefer? (There's no difference in exclusive Pokémon, haha). I'm planning to separate us into 2 teams - Blaze Black and Volt White teams, 2 member in each team.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Either for me xD I sorta patched both already >.<" I'll join which ever side has a spot after you guys decide ^.^ However, if its Blaze Black/Volt White 2, I only have Blaze Black 2 so that's what I'll have to play >.<

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Let's wait for Dragoz tmrl it's already late night in his timezone. So he's prolly alseep already.~

I'll post the rules after he decided which team he is.~

OMG, I can't wait to begin already! {XD} May the best team wins.~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Geeeeeezzz, you should have said your earlier. *smacks you with a Twisted Spoon*
    Okay, I'll upload the patch here tomorrow and as well as list the rules. ~

Gothet, you're free to start your own monotype Psychic challenge (since that doesn't count as official participation), however, we would still like to hear more about your adventures.

I could do with a Twisted Spoon. (Or Six)

I will post regular updates and will start my adventure tomorrow.

A few self-imposed rules for me (White 2 run)

-Starter is a Gothita (Level 5)
    - All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
    - End of Challenge - Defeating the Champion

Sounds a lot like a regular Monotype particularly if I only use what's in the New Unova Dex

Just 1 question - Should I play as the boy character or the girl character? (First person to answer is the option I will pick)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since Ket's Volt White doesn't seem to be working, I vote for Blaze Black. Plus, I've only tried the Black(2) version once, so this should be a bit of a change.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

The Psychic-type Club Monotype Challenge

PARTICPANTS (Alphabetic order) & SCOREBOARD

Team Blaze Black

Dragoz
    Ketsu

Team Volt White

Mewtwolover
    Sun

REWARD FOR WINNING TEAMS

Emblem​

RULES

• Only Volt White 2 and Blaze Black 2 version (Vanilla or Completed) gameplay are recognized for this event. However, other forms of Psychic-type Monotype Challenge are very welcomed from non-participants.
    • Any forms of cheats, hacks, save file exchanges and/or trades (including PokeRadar, PokeTransfer) are prohibited; all 649 is obtainable no point on breaking this rule.
    • You are required to capture at least one Psychic Pokemon from Route 20, Ralts is available in all 4 season while Smoochum is only available during winter. Additionally Ralts learns Confusion at Level 6. You are required to level up your Ralts at least at Level 6 before depositing or releasing the starter that was given by Bianca.
    • Eevee is allowed as long as it evolves into Espeon by the time you arrived to Undella Town.
      Soothe Bell is given at Floccesy Ranch, you are strongly advised to attach it to your Eevee.
      Eevee evolves during the daytime.
    • Staryu is allowed as long as it evolves into Starmie by the time you arrived to Opelucid City.
      Water Stone is given at Battle Company in Castelia City.
    • Venonat is allowed as long as it evolves into Venomoth by the time you arrived to Mistralton City. (Complete version only)
    • Psyduck is allowed as long as it evolves into Golduck by the time you arrived to Village Bridge. (Complete version only)
    • Hoothoot line can be used. (Complete version only)
    • Zen Mode Darmanitan is forbidden from being used as a battler. However, it can act as an HM Helper.
    • All Legendary and/or Mythical Pokemon are banned from participating.
    • All Pokémon for this Monotype challenge must be caught in game.
    • HM Helpers are permitted; they do not need to match your type. However, they can NOT be used in any battles.
    • You need to update every capture, evolution, Gym matches, (per) Elite Four matches.
    • You are needed to update in new posts; after a post has followed by (regardless if they are participants or not).
    • Points are shared; there will be no individual points for each team.
    • CHALLENGE STARTS NOW!!

GOAL

• It ends once all team members have defeated the Champion.
    • Additional scores for those who explored all post-game places and done all post-game events.

• Every team begins with 200 Pts.
    • Catching a new Psychic Pokemon species 10 Pts.
    • Evolving a new Psychic Pokemon species 20 Pts.
    • Winning a Rival battle (per) 25 Pts.
    • Winning a Gym Leader battle (per) 50 Pts.
    • Winning Elite Four battles (as a whole) 200 Pts.
    • Winning the first battle with Kyurem 100 Pts.
    • Winning the first battle with Ghetsis 100 Pts.
    • 10 Points for every TM collected. (Make sure to let us know!)
    • First person to record in Hall of Fame 500 Pts. (Based on the update post time)
    • First team to complete the whole challenge(including post-game content) 1000 Pts. (Based on the update post time) [This also marks the end for the whole monotype challenge; points will be counted for teams.]
    • With every images provided for the aforementioned progress an additional 50 Pts is given.
    • With every video provided for the aforementioned progress an additional 150 Pts is given.
    • PWT matches with your rival and any Gym Leaders do not count.
    • Only the successful initial match and successful first rematch with the Elite Four gives points.
    • The initial match on Aspertia lookout and the rematch with your rival in Driftveil City during post-game do not give points.

Last edited:

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Woohoo! Alrighty then, time to get going xD I started out with Snivy but, of course, she won't be here for long xD I shall catch a Ralts on Route 20 and use her as my starter ^.^ I don't know if it counts and it shouldn't imo but I defeated Hugh for the first time on the lookout area thing with Snivy and that's about it so far xD

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Woohoo! Alrighty then, time to get going xD I started out with Snivy but, of course, she won't be here for long xD I shall catch a Ralts on Route 20 and use her as my starter ^.^ I don't know if it counts and it shouldn't imo but I defeated Hugh for the first time on the lookout area thing with Snivy and that's about it so far xD

I was in Route 20 but this stupid Youngster with a Patrat knocked out my Mild Tepig. *burns that Youngster*

Oh I'm adding 10 points for every TM, not HM though. LOL

Edit: Oops forgot that part, tt doesn't count since you have no Ralts yet!

Years
  • Oh, I thought it would be individual challenge, but it turned into something even better!

Currently downloading the hack since my previous attempt failed for some reason(and it's working now, for some reason)....gonna edit this post once I've gotten my first steps.

Edit 1: The hack finished downloading, but then I realized I don't have Black 2. Now it's gonna take me 1 hour to download since my internet speed decided to slow down(is someone using Scary Face on my internet conenction?)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh, I thought it would be individual challenge, but it turned into something even better!

Currently downloading the patch since my previous attempt failed for some reason(and it's working now, for some reason)....gonna edit this post once I've gotten my first steps.

Dang! Where's Mewtwolover, my precious team mate? x'D
    They are ganging up on me, haha!

I added this on the rule: Additionally Ralts learns Confusion at Level 6. You are required to level up your Ralts at least at Level 6 before depositing or releasing the starter that was given by Bianca.

EDIT: Finally caught my first Ralts, which is a female one with Calm Nature and the Synchronize Ability! >:) Now I found myself a Male one but eww with a Calm Nature as well, since I have the female one as lead. :(

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Come on Dragoz, we got this >:D Got a female Ralts, named her Athena, now looking for a male one xD

210 Pts for your team as well.

I'm looking for a neutral nature Male Ralts and dang I found a Bagon! The non-Psychic are so tempting to catch and use!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • 210 Pts for your team as well.

I'm looking for a neutral nature Male Ralts and dang I found a Bagon! The non-Psychic are so tempting to catch and use!

Yeah >.< I found 3 Bagon before finding a Ralts. It's rarer but it's that thing where no matter how common a Pokemon is, if you're looking for it, it's rare xD I was doing great till a Youngster in the Flocessy ranch pulled out a Poochyena -.- Destroyed me xD

Game froze. Re-patched, restarted. Will catch Ralts so dont change the points xD Chose Tepig this time. Thats about it xD Next update in a few hours, wont have an internet connection >.<

UPDATE: I found a shiny Ralts!!! What a way to start the challenge xD This is a darned roller coaster with the game breaking and then the shiny Ralts and then realizing Shiny Mega Gardevoir doesn't exist ;-; Here's the Ralts (is this allowed? Sorry if it's not V.V)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back