• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

@Brain Over Brawn@ Psychic-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Medicham may have been made more useful in the hack but it is too silly looking for me to ever use it.
    Medicham is actually useful than how it looks like. Undeniably with the appearance of Mega Gallade, Mega Medicham has been demoted a lot. :/ I love both but they should have distinct difference, since they are both Megas with the same typing and similar stats. Probably make Mega Medicham as a special based attacker?

Seems like the match is much easier with Clay than Elesa.~ ^_^ Congrats with the victory and you're catching up! ;)

I haven't updated and I don't even know where to begin with. (So I had to race from my last update aka the 420 Pts update.)

Team Volt White Points Update!
    420 Points (last score) + 60 Pts (by M2) + 4605 Pts (by Sun) = Current total 5060 Pts.

Points contributed by M2: 60 Pts
    10 Points for Ralts capture.
    50 Points for image proof.

Points contributed by Sun: 4605 Pts
    Spoiler: Battle related

60 Pts for defeating Burgh and receiving his TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Elesa and receiving her TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Clay and receiving his TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Skyla and receiving her TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Drayden and receiving his TM.
    25 Pts for Undella Town battle with my rival, Lunar.

5 Gym battle victories x 60 Pts each (10 Points for TM, 50 Points for Victories) =
    Total: 300 Pts + 25 Pts for rival battle
    Total: 325 Pts

Spoiler: Evolution related

20 Points for evolving Psyduck (Daffy) into Golduck.
    20 Points for evolving Kirlia (Gothet) into Gallade.
    20 Points for evolving Kirlia (Freya) into Gardevoir.
    20 Points for evolving Meditite into Medicham (now known as Amina).
    20 Points for evolving Exeggcute into Exeggutor.
    20 Points for evolving Slowpoke into Slowbro (now known as Darwin).
    40 Points for evolving Gothita (then known as Carina) into Gothorita then later to Gothitelle (known as Carla at a time and now Catarina).
    40 Points for evolving Abra (Mewton) into Kadabra then later to Alakazam.
    40 Points for evolving Beldum (Chrono)into Metang then later to Metagross.

12 evolutions x 20 Pts each =
    Total: 240 Pts

Image bonus
    68 IMGS x 50 Pts each =
    Total score for images: 3400 Pts

Team Blaze Black Points Update!
    1435 Points (last score) + 80 Pts (1 Leader + 3 TMs) = Current total 1515 Points

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh my goodness! 3400 Points! Holy moly, that's the win there xD In any case, I was bored and I beat Marlon at Humilau and I wanted to do something a bit different this time around and made a video! Here's the link, the sound isn't working at all but I'll fix it "next time" :P ;

https://youtu.be/rJDrSpLv4W4

1515 Points (last score) + 210 Pts (1 Leader 50 + 1 video 150 Pts + Scald TM) = Current total 1725 Points

Is it really getting easier or is it because our Pokémon are stronger now? :'D

We're getting close to wrapping up.~

There's one thing that I missed. How stupid of me! x'D

500 Points for pounding Iris for the very first time. I'll make sure to add that to the Points section from the main thread. Oh, I already did, with an another wording! Lmao

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    1515 Points (last score) + 210 Pts (1 Leader 50 + 1 video 150 Pts + Scald TM) = Current total 1725 Points

Is it really getting easier or is it because our Pokémon are stronger now? :'D

We're getting close to wrapping up.~

There's one thing that I missed. How stupid of me! x'D

500 Points for pounding Iris for the very first time. I'll make sure to add that to the Points section from the main thread. Oh, I already did, with an another wording! Lmao

My game broke xD It's frozen on Route 21 and the saves don't load so that's it for me xD It's up to Dragoz now :P

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My game broke xD It's frozen on Route 21 and the saves don't load so that's it for me xD It's up to Dragoz now :P

Try playing with that save with an another rom (ahem, you have to download it yourself from elsewhere it's a violation if you ask by any methods.

Of course you have to patch it again.

If it's still not working, patch a Volt White to a White 2.

No matter which solution you are doing, remember the save and bak file (if there is), must correspond to the rom's file name.
    Total is incorrect, actually we have 5085 Pts. (420+60+4605=5085) so far.

Thanks a lot, partner! I'll update the main scoreboard with your correct one.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Try playing with that save with an another rom (ahem, you have to download it yourself from elsewhere it's a violation if you ask by any methods.

Of course you have to patch it again.

If it's still not working, patch a Volt White to a White 2.

No matter which solution you are doing, remember the save and bak file (if there is), must correspond to the rom's file name.

After two hours of trying everything the internet can offer me, the solution I've come up with is to restart aaaand I reeeeally don't want to go through the grinding again xD It was fun! That's all that matters, right? :P

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Medicham may have been made more useful in the hack but it is too silly looking for me to ever use it.
    Medicham is actually useful than how it looks like. Undeniably with the appearance of Mega Gallade, Mega Medicham has been demoted a lot. :/ I love both but they should have distinct difference, since they are both Megas with the same typing and similar stats. Probably make Mega Medicham as a special based attacker?

Seems like the match is much easier with Clay than Elesa.~ ^_^ Congrats with the victory and you're catching up! ;)

I haven't updated and I don't even know where to begin with. (So I had to race from my last update aka the 420 Pts update.)

Team Volt White Points Update!
    420 Points (last score) + 60 Pts (by M2) + 4605 Pts (by Sun) = Current total 5060 Pts.

Points contributed by M2: 60 Pts
    10 Points for Ralts capture.
    50 Points for image proof.

Points contributed by Sun: 4605 Pts
    Spoiler: Battle related

60 Pts for defeating Burgh and receiving his TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Elesa and receiving her TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Clay and receiving his TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Skyla and receiving her TM.
    60 Pts for defeating Drayden and receiving his TM.
    25 Pts for Undella Town battle with my rival, Lunar.

5 Gym battle victories x 60 Pts each (10 Points for TM, 50 Points for Victories) =
    Total: 300 Pts + 25 Pts for rival battle
    Total: 325 Pts

Spoiler: Evolution related

20 Points for evolving Psyduck (Daffy) into Golduck.
    20 Points for evolving Kirlia (Gothet) into Gallade.
    20 Points for evolving Kirlia (Freya) into Gardevoir.
    20 Points for evolving Meditite into Medicham (now known as Amina).
    20 Points for evolving Exeggcute into Exeggutor.
    20 Points for evolving Slowpoke into Slowbro (now known as Darwin).
    40 Points for evolving Gothita (then known as Carina) into Gothorita then later to Gothitelle (known as Carla at a time and now Catarina).
    40 Points for evolving Abra (Mewton) into Kadabra then later to Alakazam.
    40 Points for evolving Beldum (Chrono)into Metang then later to Metagross.

12 evolutions x 20 Pts each =
    Total: 240 Pts

Image bonus
    68 IMGS x 50 Pts each =
    Total score for images: 3400 Pts

1435 Points (last score) + 80 Pts (1 Leader + 3 TMs) = Current total 1515 Points

It is not helped that Mega Medicham looks very silly. For some reason a few of Psychic Mega look odd. Mega Slowbro might be the silliest looking Mega Evolution of all and Mega Alakazam looks a bit strange as well. I am not a big fan of Mewtwo's Mega Designs.

Mega Gardevoir, Gallade and Metagross all look good however.

It's easy to forget Medicham was the original Psychic/Fighting before being overshadowed by Gallade and Mega Mewtwo X.

Clay was harder than Elesa I think. That Excadrill took forever to take down and I was indebted to Sigilyph for putting up Screens.

I think my challenge might be slightly easier than the one the rest of the group have. The difficulty seems higher of the opposing Gym Leaders even if you have a wider pool of Psychic Types to choose from than I have.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    After two hours of trying everything the internet can offer me, the solution I've come up with is to restart aaaand I reeeeally don't want to go through the grinding again xD It was fun! That's all that matters, right? :P

Wait! Don't, I'll take your save file when I get on my lappy.
    We can't trade save files like this or through messaging.

I'll what's the problem tmr.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Wait! Don't, I'll take your save file when I get on my lappy.
    We can't trade save files like this or through messaging.
    His save file is likely corrupted and therefore lost, it usually happens when game freezes permanently like that.

The patching notes file that comes with the hacks has very detailed information (there's even CRC32 checksums mentioned for checking that the ROM files are correct) about the ROM files that are needed to play the hacks so I guess Ketsu used wrong ROM file.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    His save file is likely corrupted and therefore lost, it usually happens when game freezes permanently like that.

The patching notes file that comes with the hacks has very detailed information (there's even CRC32 checksums mentioned for checking that the ROM files are correct) about the ROM files that are needed to play the hacks so I guess Ketsu used wrong ROM file.

You really don't want me help him, do you? >:) Just completely kidding. {XD}

I'll see if I can at least save his Pokémon through the sav file/bak file, or even fix it. :) It's a shame to lose a progress like that. Even if I couldn't save his progress, I can at least save his Pokémon and borrow Dragoz's save file/my bak file move them there, so Ketsu can simply pick up the progress.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    You really don't want me help him, do you? >:) Just completely kidding. {XD}

I'll see if I can at least save his Pokémon through the sav file/bak file, or even fix it. :) It's a shame to lose a progress like that. Even if I couldn't save his progress, I can at least save his Pokémon and borrow Dragoz's save file/my bak file move them there, so Ketsu can simply pick up the progress.

Oh noes, it's really okay! I don't want you to go through the trouble, it's not worth it xD I'll probably play it someday in the future when I come across it in a folder somewhere anyway xD Don't worry about it, I had fun, enjoyed the challenge and had a great time overall and so it's not a problem :P

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Oh noes, it's really okay! I don't want you to go through the trouble, it's not worth it xD I'll probably play it someday in the future when I come across it in a folder somewhere anyway xD Don't worry about it, I had fun, enjoyed the challenge and had a great time overall and so it's not a problem :P

If it's anything it's better than re-calculating scores. I will be forced to deduct the score as it creates inconsistency and even unfairness on the progress, so just let me help! I don't think it's a trouble -- at least we've tried to save it, right? Don't give up yet!

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    If it's anything it's better than re-calculating scores. I will be forced to deduct the score as it creates inconsistency and even unfairness on the progress, so just let me help! I don't think it's a trouble -- at least we've tried to save it, right? Don't give up yet!

If you're sure, I wouldn't mind it! How can I send it to you though? I can't send it through PokeCommunity, I believe :s

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    If you're sure, I wouldn't mind it! How can I send it to you though? I can't send it through PokeCommunity, I believe :s

We can, actually. [S-HIGHLIGHT]But strictly follow all the mentioned rules from the thread. For example state it clearly you're playing a Volt White 2 hack. I asked a super mod already, he says it's perfectly fine to exchange such save files as well. But everything needs to be stated clearly. [/S-HIGHLIGHT] Here's the save file exchanging thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=332241

Please also upload the BAK file, if there's one. :)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Update on White 2 Playthrough

Team Update

Cassandra evolved into Gothitelle at Chargestone
    Harley evolved into Swoobat at Route 6
    Rebecca evolved into Duosion in Chargestone Rebecca evolved into Reuniclus in Mistralton Gym

Catches

Esmerelda the Elgyem

Battle with Skyla

Spoiler:

Years

B-but I'm still stuck at Castelia with Burgh! Yeah, schoolwork keeps me slower than a Slowpoke, and that breeder just outside Castelia City is so slow at giving exp.
    Anyways, I'll update later when I finally beat him.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Gothitelle sure arrived at the right time! I'm glad Harley evolved relatively early (for a affectionate based evolution Pokémon) Rebecca is might be slow, but her specie takes non-weaknesses moves quite well. ;) Congratulation with the evolutions and victory with Skyla.~ How many Pokémon do you have now? Who are your permanent team mates? Sorry for asking, I'm just a bit confused now. Esmeralda and Rebecca's role might overlap if you are using them both, not teaching or what -- just my thoughts. ~ {XD}

Rebecca's Hidden Power Ice is certainly a lucky one! ^_^ I love Skyla's reference to your Sigilyph. :D

B-but I'm still stuck at Castelia with Burgh! Yeah, schoolwork keeps me slower than a Slowpoke, and that breeder just outside Castelia City is so slow at giving exp.
    Anyways, I'll update later when I finally beat him.
    Tell us your team mates, I'll see if I can offer help. :)

Years
    Two Kirlias at 28, a Psyduck at 27 ;-; I know, I barely stand a chance at all. I've gotten past Parasect when he switched out Vesipiquen, but by that time, he had already gotten Psyduck and one of my Kirlias. Leavanny came next with Shadow Claw. *sigh*

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back