• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Why should I have to pay extra for zombie maps that I've already purchased? :|

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Treyarch's usually good about beta testing their products. Though whether it's an open or closed beta I dun know.

As far as I know, it's a closed one on September 2nd as IGN and I'm sure others will be getting a taste of the multiplayer. Hopefully they release a public one soon after though.

As for the Prestige and Hardened editions... I'm tempted to buy either. I never got any of the Zombies maps, so I'd enjoy playing on them (playing with Black Ops weapons?) and the RC car is just tempting to have as a collectors item. It's much cooler than the NVG's from MW2's last year.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • The fact that they aren't coming standard, along with that they're maps most people have already played, is quite disappointing... I doubt I'll get this, though I'm still on the fence, I'll need to see a bit more before I decide.

WolfSoul

Blaze Trainer~
    Years
  • When I first saw COD Black Ops, I wasn't really liking the idea. Maybe it's because I'm sick of Call of Duty games, but I saw the multiplayer trailer for it and I really thought I should give it a try. I dunno, the gameplay looks different and I'm loving it. The story line looks rather different this time, so overall, this game looks good and I'm definitely getting it :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • iz cod. i'm not gonna lie, the multiplayer trailer looks perty schweet. i might as well just pick this bad boy up along with a ton of other games this year.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'd like to make this post short but that isn't happening. XD
    So I'll split it up.

~ Black Ops Multiplayer Teaser
    I've wanted this since... well since CoD4 (and that's when I started getting into online gaming). I loved it in Halo, you could record matches, go free cam, and so on. I really really wanted it in MW2, I think they should have cut a lot of the crap they put in it and took the time to have a theater mode. They said "Oh it's something we wish we could have had" well maybe if you didn't add a bunch of crap like riot shields, thermal, heart beat, tac inserts, and so on... then maybe they could have taken the time to work on a theater mode. But this one looks really good and I'm glad it's in the game. Because I've had many many good moments while playing CoD games that are just... gone because I don't have a capture card and there isn't a theater mode.

- Levels
    The levels shown so far look pretty good. One is below a missile, another is in the snow and I think that's all that's shown so far. But I'm sure they'll have jungles and so on.

- Grids on map
    I like callout spots like "Chopper Pad | They're in the 3 story" and I think I will still use them sort of callouts. But at least at first I like how it has grids and I'd be calling them out. Because some maps don't have big spots to callout, so I think grids will help.

- No more ammo graphic
    Some people will dislike this... personally I think I might like it better not having the little bullet count. I know I'm used to having the little graphic there but I think I might like it better just having a "You have 10 shots left" thing.

Dislikes:
    - Video Camera
    Right at the top of the list I want to put that crappy, campy, thermal, non-killstreak thing.... at the top of this list. That thing will promote camping, not only for "Oh there's someone in the building" but also "Oh... there's someone behind me, I need to move from my camping spot, turn around and shoot that person before he gets me.". The example I use the most... playing S&D you can put that thing up at A and go over to B and camp there. And if the vid cam is taken out or if the person shows up on the screen you know the person is over at A. Takes all the skill out of Search.

- Care Package
    I'm not happy that it's returning... Yes I'm sure it's nice that people can get 4 kills and get lucky with an AC130, Chopper Gunner, Pave Low or something like that... But if you didn't get the kills needed for that killstreak then you didn't earn it. You don't need an AC130 from a Care Package. Doesn't need to be in the game.

- Dive into prone
    At around :37 the dude does some sort of dive... I can see myself (more so with a sniper) hitting someone and they just dive away.

- RC Car
    Truth be told... I don't know what to think of the RC Car. If it does what it looks like it does (blows up and kills people) then I'll dislike it due to the fact that it's a 3 killstreak and I think it's too low to have a killstreak that kills. But what I don't understand is... it doesn't kill the people there. Yea you see it blow up, but it's like the person gets a hit maker but doesn't kill. You'll see the hit marker come up but the points doesn't show up for getting a kill. In MW2 even if you get a multikill it showed up right away. So I don't know what this little car thing does.

I just hope they remove a lot of crap. And I hope a lot of things are restored with the game (even if it's unlikely). Like for example... camping with a sniper. In CoD4 and WaW you didn't move around all that much with a sniper. I can remember on CoD4 on Creek... that was a good sniping map. And you didn't move on that map if you were a sniper. And rarely did people call you a camper if you were a sniper. It was a "You guys did a good job holding down that side of the map". These days you have every snot nose 13 year old (well it started off with kids, now it's grown into everyone) going "HARD SCOPE!" if you kill them while ADS... with a sniper... I hope there is no perk where you ADS faster, it's not needed (along with a bunch of other stuff).

One thing is for sure... I'm not going to get my hopes up, the game looks pretty good (not counting that stupid video cam), and Trayarch did a pretty good job on listening to people when it came to WaW (took out spawn tubes, fixed glitches, took out tanks in hardcore, etc). I just hope they're smart enough to have a beta, because IW said "Well we don't need a beta, we get more data from a closed beta" well they might have gotten more data but if they had an open beta I think MW2 would have been far better off.

And GameTrailers has a lot better break down of the trailer.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • I've also heard that the killstreaks you get will not add onto your killstreak when you get kills with it, which is pretty cool IMO.

I'm also hoping for a quickswap perk, that would be pretty awesome. If they use the pro perk system again, the pro could be picking weapons up faster, since it only takes about 3 days and a half to pick up a gun.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'd like it if killsteaks don't add on. To get the 10 or 15 killsteak then you got to be good..... or be a good camper (sad to look at it that way but it's true, they might camp a lot harder to get that killstreak). I know they added up in CoD4, and WaW, and MW2 but still... it might be a pretty good idea not to add up.

I'm just afraid that MW2 killed good gaming/gamers as we know it. It's the players who make the game, the players on CoD4 and WaW were good players for the most part. But if the hardcore campers from MW2 move over to Black Ops then there's nothing they can do about it (unless they make it where the person blows up after sitting in the same spot for 20 seconds). Like I said, I'm not going to get my hopes up. And it's not going to be "OMG this is the best!" a day or so after it came out. To me MW2 was the best shooter out there when it came out. A month or two down the road that changed. I don't want to get my hopes up, even after getting the game and playing it. Time will tell if it'll be like CoD4 where it was remembered for being good, or like MW2 where it was remembered for being the over hyped game that brought the CoD series down.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I heard in a podcast last night that they're not bringing back Stopping Power, but they are bringing back Juggernaut and Tac Inserts. After hearing that I've lost all faith in Treyarch knowing what the people want. If the multiplayer is as bad as it's looking right now then I'll spend my time playing zombies... assuming they don't mess with that a bunch either.

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I heard in a podcast last night that they're not bringing back Stopping Power, but they are bringing back Juggernaut and Tac Inserts. After hearing that I've lost all faith in Treyarch knowing what the people want. If the multiplayer is as bad as it's looking right now then I'll spend my time playing zombies... assuming they don't mess with that a bunch either.
    You think the multiplayer looks bad? O____o I think it looks amazing! Seriously, what are you expecting? Just a single sequel and its multiplayer fits whatever you call 'good'?

And as for what you said about not bringing back Stopping Power but bringing back Juggernaut and Tactical Insertion, ugh... what a horrible idea. Stopping Power was one of my favourite perks, and the other two are like my least... what were they thinking?! xD;

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    You think the multiplayer looks bad? O____o I think it looks amazing! Seriously, what are you expecting? Just a single sequel and its multiplayer fits whatever you call 'good'?

And as for what you said about not bringing back Stopping Power but bringing back Juggernaut and Tactical Insertion, ugh... what a horrible idea. Stopping Power was one of my favourite perks, and the other two are like my least... what were they thinking?! xD;
    They're doing like IW did with MW2 and changing waaay too much. There is no need for stopping power to be gone, and there's no need for Juggernaut and Tac Inserts to return. The same could be said for the cameras, RC car, the explosive bow, etc. You may look at all of that and see "OH WOW VIDYA CAMERAS AND BOW N ARROWZ, HOW KOOL", but I see it as "That's going to get very annoying, very quickly."

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So Zombies have been confirmed,
    https://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/news/zombies-confirmed-question-mark

Pretty excited for this. I can't wait to play zombies with the upgraded engine.

And they're not bringing Stopping Power back? That's an odd decision. Makes me wonder what they're thinking. I mean they must have a reasonable explanation behind it, I can't see them taking it out just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    So Zombies have been confirmed,

And they're not bringing Stopping Power back? That's an odd decision. Makes me wonder what they're thinking. I mean they must have a reasonable explanation behind it, I can't see them taking it out just for the hell of it.
    I'm hoping they will do like Bad Company 2 did with Magnum Ammo, and have an attachment or something that gives you the same effects that Stopping Power would've had had it been in the game.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • So Zombies have been confirmed,

I'd take everything in that podcast with a grain of salt. As far as I know, that's an unofficial podcast and thusly can only be speculation at this time. I'd wait for Treyarch to confirm SP isn't coming back before accepting that podcast as truth.

I do remember hearing somewhere that instead of SP/CB being perks they were going to be a park of this new armor customization system they were thinking of using. But really, I'm just a) waiting for the game to come out or b) waiting for treyarch to put out offical data.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    It's not just any podcast, because the people doing it know industry insiders who've already played the game. Also, they've 'speculated' things before like ballistic knives, returning killstreaks, etc. that have turned out to be true. Basically, it's not confirmed anywhere yet, but I'll take their word for it because they haven't told me anything wrong yet.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • It's not just any podcast, because the people doing it know industry insiders who've already played the game. Also, they've 'speculated' things before like ballistic knives, returning killstreaks, etc. that have turned out to be true. Basically, it's not confirmed anywhere yet, but I'll take their word for it because they haven't told me anything wrong yet.

That seems reasonable. I'd never listened to that podcast, so I had no idea of knowing if it was just some random people speculating or people with a history of being right.

There was a similar group good at predicting things for WoW back when I played. So I can understand what these guys are doing then.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Man, I remember when CoD used to be about the singleplayer... then CoD 4 came out.

ANYWAYS... I doubt I'll be getting this, one of my biggest complaints with WaW was that it's multiplayer was just a straight up copy of CoD 4 with a WWII setting and a teeny tiny amount of extra stuff. So far Black ops looks to be about the same with MW2, and I don't really like that since MW2 was rather disappointing.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • It's just sad that they're not listening to the fans.
    Tac Inserts are back (I won't have a prob if it's like "Kill the same person 2 times with a Tac Insert and the 3rd time it kills you" or something...), I mean really... it's the biggest booster thing and they're bringing them back?

And then there's no Stopping Power... oh but wait, they brought back something better... Juggernaut. Who here remembers that perk? So not only did they bring back Juggernaut but they took away the perk to counter Juggernaut.... awesome.

Back