• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
  • I'm in the 5000's on both sides, mainly because the same day i bought BO(the first day) was the same day my old 360 got the red ring.i had to wait until christmas to continue playing, and since school is in,i dont play it often, other than one match of Zombies.I just happened to return to it in the past few weeks, and I got my K/D up to above 1(feels different when they actually shoot back from a distance.)

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • i got my k/d up to 2.5, got my cool clips of perfect games, random tomahawks and all that fun stuff, then dropped the game. it simply doesn't have the same appeal to me as CoD4, which as simple as it is, is my favorite FPS in the 'realistic' shooter genre.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • The most awesome thing is happening.I have a test tomorrow in History based on the Wars and I've been playing CoD 1,2,3, WaW, and Black Ops to prepare for it.I actually learned alot from it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I wish I could get scores like that... as of late I've just been going down.

As I was saying... my stats have been dropping like a stone. My K/D has went from a 3.50 to a 3.47 over the past 3 days. And I know people will be like "Oh... 3.47... poor you." well it's due to a few things... playing S&D, prestiging (I'm now 14th prestige, evel 33), and just not catching a break. My W/L has also taken a very hard beating. I went from 5.71 to a 5.63 (and only the last few games I was able to pull it up a little). My W/L has dropped due to hosts Dashboarding, or the host isn't good enough to keep the room together. Just to give an idea... 3 days ago I had (iirc) 241 losses, right now I have 370. I'd say 25 of them 30 are from dropped hosts.

But... it hasn't been all bad. I mean one game the night before last I pulled off a very nice finish to an S&D game on Summit. The score was 3-3 so it was the final round, we were on defense. And I was the only person left on my team and they had 5 alive, I just knew I wasn't going to pull it off. But... due to some brains about me and a lot of luck on my side I took out all 5 of them. And after going back and watching it was one of them games where it was "Had I not used my head I wouldn't have made it out of that spot".
    And there was another game on Stadium where I pulled a 9 and 0 K/D and after the game they checked out my overall K/D and they left because of it (they said if I don't leave then they're going... I didn't leave, so...), and it was a whole group of 5 or 6 too. So I felt good about that, I'm not one to brag or put myself up, but it did feel good to see someone see my K/D, my W/L and say "He's good... I don't want to play against him". Because most comments Alex and I get about our K/Ds is "Wow you're a no lifer", "You're a try hard", and so on. When I see someone with a high K/D then say "Wow... I hope they're on my team", and everyone should say that. Yea you might not get as many kills... at least you're not getting all of them deaths from that person if they were on the other team. I was playing with Alex and another friend and I got kicked out of the game, I rejoined and I was on the other team. I killed them, they killed me, I wasn't happy, they weren't happy. So it's better for me if all the good players are on my team.

And then there was this...

(Click the image for full size)
    That is a 2 on 5 S&D with Alex and myself. As you can see by the number of kills we have and the number of deaths they have you can see no one left and no one joined. The reason why they have an extra kill is because on the first round we had 2 split screeners on our team (wouldn't have started with a 2 on 5), one of them never spawned and the other never left the spawn (and got killed).
    All 7 rounds it was a 2 on 5 S&D game. The first round I pulled off a 4 man ace (where I kill everyone on the enemy team), the 5th person didn't pick their class in time. The next round Alex pulled off a 5 man ace (he did that in like 40 seconds). The rounds after went back and forth when it came to which team won, but as you can see in the end we beat them. And as you can see they weren't low level players (and no split screeners). And the whole time that 15th prestige (and I believe the 8th as well) was running his mouth, the games before he was blaming his team for losing. And when we got the split screeners on our team he said "Glad you guys got them, you're going to lose now". So it felt good to beat him like that, to show him that 2 people won an S&D game against 5 (even if he wouldn't admit it).

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2011
    JP said:
    Don't know if anyone cares (haha) or knows already, but they're planning on releasing a new map pack soon!

I love that they're releasing these so soon after one another. Looking forward to seeing what these new ones are like.

Black Ops maps are dry, it's good they have more maps

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I'm just happy for the x2 XP weekends that will follow. I prestiged twice in one day from one of those.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm almost at 15th prestige, even after quitting playing the game for months, so I doubt double XP will do anything for me.

Years
  • I got Black Ops a few days before it was released -cause I pre-ordered it- and it was great for a while, but it got to the point where, for some reason, it just wasn't as enjoyable as MW2.

On S&D online, you can't really play your own little game..

Like, on MW2, lots of people get a team of six and try and Riot Shield, or Quickscope..but you can't do that. -.-

And Zombies, yeah, it's great with all the huge maps and extra features like Perks and stuff, but I wish there could be another small map, like Nacht Der Untoten, with nothing but a random box, and perhaps a Pack-A-Punch machine... -.-

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Twice in one day?.... How? O_o
    When I played Double XP the first time I only got one prestige the whole time and I played it a good bit.
    I was level 49 or something, so the first prestige came easy. The second one took about 8-10 hours. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, it could've been in one weekend. I don't remember, but it was still ridiculous.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Spawns in Nuketown are still annoying me >.> played a game of demolition today - joined halfway through and the enemy team already had a Huey. A few seconds late, they called in dogs. Literally, it's just: Spawn. Killed by Huey. Spawn. Eaten by dog. Spawn. Shot by someone who watched you spawn. Spawn. Huey. Spawn. Dog. Spawn. Shot. Literally, I couldn't even shoot down the huey because in the time it took to switch to a launcher and look up, I was dead >.> From now on, I'm not even going to bother playing that map.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Spawns in Nuketown are still annoying me >.> played a game of demolition today - joined halfway through and the enemy team already had a Huey. A few seconds late, they called in dogs. Literally, it's just: Spawn. Killed by Huey. Spawn. Eaten by dog. Spawn. Shot by someone who watched you spawn. Spawn. Huey. Spawn. Dog. Spawn. Shot. Literally, I couldn't even shoot down the huey because in the time it took to switch to a launcher and look up, I was dead >.> From now on, I'm not even going to bother playing that map.

I thought most Black Ops maps were notorious for having horrible spawn points.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • My Xbox RROD on me a few weeks ago and I have gone back to playing PS3 and unfortunatly I didn't have this game on PS3 but I am considering rebuying it if the new DLC is good, only things I like normally is the zombie mode and so far we haven't seen any of that.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Tonight I hit 15th Prestige... no more losing my perks, no more losing my classes, and most of all... no more losing my weapons. I can now work on getting the Pro Perks, I can now only use the M16 (IMO the wost weapon) when I want to and not because I have to. I can now try other setups. I got it with a little over 10 days of playtime, so I think I'm a little ahead of the crowd (because to me 1 day of playtime for 1 prestige is good).

Back