• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cartoon Network to Reportedly End Toonami Tonight

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    ^^; Naruto's not gone~
    Just for last week. It'll be back, but I don't think there are two new episodes anymore. ;; *shame.shame*

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • Ahhhh.....Tonami was doomed to fail anyways.On the last lineup all there was were 2 naruto episodes and old reruns of ben 10 alien force and samuri jack.It was running out of ideas.I say that new "dynamite action squad" put it down for good.They thought there was no more need for toonami or Tom.Oh well another piece of my childhood crumbled.

Last edited:

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Aw. Time to say goodbye to my childhood.

I was still hoping they might put Prince of Tennis back on air too. Oh well. Toonami was awesome while it lasted. It hold a special place in my heart lmao.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Don't worry guys Naruto isn't going anywhere. It just didn't come on last night because a movie. It will be back next Saturday night. But I think now it is only going to air one episode. Which it is fine because they need more time to do future projects for Naruto..which it is unknown at this time.

There is only 21 episodes left of filler...dang that is so fast, phew. And the third movie still need to air, which is one of the plans they are doing. The other stuff is unknown...

So Naruto is still on. It didn't get canceled. Just now it isn't part of Toonami. You won't seen Tom 4 or the other robots.

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • Aw. Time to say goodbye to my childhood.

I was still hoping they might put Prince of Tennis back on air too. Oh well. Toonami was awesome while it lasted. It hold a special place in my heart lmao.

Yeah.Prince of tennis was great.My childhood is crumbling away.I couldn't stand see the robot type n "permenent shutdown" and him saying goodbye.Maybe they will recreate toonami with something else.besides that stupid "dynamite action sqaud".It would be even better if tom was in it.

Catsupper

"Right Through Time" Master
    Years
  • Your friendly friend the internet is at your side...Its been a little lonely lately

So a off-topic much post?

And BTW u can watch pokemon on sunday in the morning depending on ur coast

if u live in the west probaly in the morning if u live in the east probaly late or sometime(like at 11 or 12 pm!!! not midnight!)

And yea the super action dyanmite squad thing is reatrded why they let the damn kid have his own tv show time

Last edited:

Victoria~

surrender to my s o c k s~
    Years
  • It's sad to see such a nice idea ending. Although the line-up isn't so good nowadays, I really enjoyed staying up 'til midnight on Saturdays, only because there were several Sailor Moon and Sakura Card Captor episodes showed in a row.

Years
  • I still can't believe it's gone! I have one faint memory of Weekday afternoon Toonami. When Miguzi was put on, I didn't know that it replaced Toonami cause I was seven when Miguzi came along. I also remember DVRing DBZ and seeing TOM 3. When they removed TOM's visor, I didn't care. But when I heard they cancelled it, I bursted into tears!

I'll still watch action shows on Cartoon Network, but it won't be the same without Toonami. The closet thing to Toonami for me is Jetix.

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
  • Naruto is ultimately what caused Toonami's death but it still manages to survive. Pretty sure VIZ suffered because of it as well, albeit for a minor spell.

Anybody sensing the point I'm trying to prove here?

Oh, and fitting send-off. Absolutely awesome.

Back