• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Postman
Timezone: PDT
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building and strategy
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? usually gone after 6pm PDT

I didn't read one thing in this thread. Scrolled down to student and copy+paste. (:
I'll read it later.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024

Um...I'd just like to say that actually I'm not going to partake in the classes after all. Tbh, competitive battling stresses me out too much, so I'm not going to bother moving into Gen V. I'll just stick to Gen IV until nobody plays it any more.

So yeah, I'm out. Sorry :(

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
That's alright. :(

You are definitely welcome to come if you have a change of heart - and even if you don't by the time the class starts, the log will be posted to look over.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Yamato
Timezone: Pacific -8:00 GMT
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Working on trying to kill off Hippowdon and Tyrannitar..
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm always busy at weeks like Mon- Fri, I might be on but I doubt it.. Juggling Band, Sports, and Homework, so I might barely be on, also may be Hacking or Drawing, or even better making some stories or studying SATS/dies
Cross Country 10am-2, sometimes 4 and Band at Wednesdays or it varies, at 4-5 then drawing/ hobbies 5-10.. so I'm barely on at the weeks.

Um, about myself, I like being social and I can be stubborn about replacing a few Pokemon, Expecially my favorites, so I might be good at it, I barely beat ONE of Dark Azelf's Pokemon lol at least that's something right? xD I tend to use Sun or Rain, I also like to draw and talk about anime so heheh talking can get sidetracked..

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
I'm applying to be a student.
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Alex
Timezone: Central Standard Time...GMT-6
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Mainly knowing when to use items, predicting my opponent's next move, knowing which pokemon to have in my team, and coming up with strategies. Yeah, I'm not very good, XD.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Well, I'm in school August 16...till like, May 26...and it's from 9-4, and I'll get home around 4:30, and leave for my bus around 8:05.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I'm in 7th grade...and I'm bipolar...so if I go off on you, that's why, lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2011
Is it too late to sign up? Also I have a mac so I can't download the online simulator. Is there a chance that a mac one exists?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Is it too late to sign up? Also I have a mac so I can't download the online simulator. Is there a chance that a mac one exists?

I have a mac too. PO is really quite complicated to download actually no mac version exists. let's see how'd I do it...umm it involves downloading winebottler (app that lets you run windows apps). if you go to the pokemon online forums there should be something that tells you how to install it

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hey guys! That was pretty fun and while there were still some kinks I wish we could have worked out beforehand (like how long it took ugh), it was still really successful and I'm glad you guys came to tune in! I've got the whole session logged and I'll clean it and hopefully organize it so it's much easier for you guys to use as a resource! We had a pretty fun time and I really do hope you guys come onto the server more and hang out with the regulars - we're almost always there and if you do need team help we'll be happy to give you some. I'll have the log ready within the next 24 hours, and remember that the stickied chat thread is totally open to questions about the metagame (though Pokemon-specific questions should be kept to the moveset thread)!

Anyway, I had a blast and I hope you guys did too. Here's to everyone getting better! :3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
it was both a failure and a success. it was a failure because we didn't plan this out enough, and so it was a bit cluttered and took a long time. that's the result of me focusing on other things and being busy... however! after this class i/we know what to fix, so the next class will definitely be better. thanks to everyone for staying, after like 6 hours haha (or 3-4 for the class). hope you guys stick around for the next one, regardless of the previous issues!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
I hope everyone will get something out of the class. There were times when it seemed disjointed, but after a slow start it got going. I had a good time playing in the tournament. Maybe I can be there for future classes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Can I make a suggestion? Less tutors/teachers might actually be better. It was kinda confusing with so many different people telling you what to do. Other than that it was quite fun and I'm looking forward to the next class!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Too bad I was busy when the class took place :(
Oh well, I'll just wait to read the log! How long did it take? o.o
Anyways, I can't wait for the next class!

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
If it's not too late to join

Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Alexf1996
Timezone: CST, GMT-6
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Free just about every day unless something comes up.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? No.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I enjoyed this to, even though I had to cut my time short I felt it was a real success, although I wasn't in the actual chat, I spent my whole time in the questions thread with oppo, spino, karp etc... I got to know some more new people who will hopefully become CBC regulars! n___n Hopefully the next class will be even more successful.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Can I make a suggestion? Less tutors/teachers might actually be better. It was kinda confusing with so many different people telling you what to do. Other than that it was quite fun and I'm looking forward to the next class!

I agree with thetenthdoctor. Everyone kept ninja'ing each other. It was entertaining at first, but eventually it got annoying.

Too bad I was busy when the class took place :(
Oh well, I'll just wait to read the log! How long did it take? o.o
Anyways, I can't wait for the next class!

Covering the basics took about 1 or 2 hours. I can't remember. I was tuning in out since I already knew that stuff, but Team Building took about 20 minutes. Go figure.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2020
Covering the basics took about 1 or 2 hours. I can't remember. I was tuning in out since I already knew that stuff, but Team Building took about 20 minutes. Go figure.
I could have gone deeper into it, but I did see people were weary of the basics. I wasn't intending on making each person a team, but I could have done a group team with everyone's suggestions as an example if there was more time. If anyone does want one on one tutoring, I am available through Battling 101.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Kai Crossheart
Timezone: Mountain
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: everything
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: Im free all the time

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I could have gone deeper into it, but I did see people were weary of the basics. I wasn't intending on making each person a team, but I could have done a group team with everyone's suggestions as an example if there was more time. If anyone does want one on one tutoring, I am available through Battling 101.

Actually I think you did a pretty good job. I wasn't expecting anything too detailed just the "basics" which was exactly what you gave us.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username
: Swap01
Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (MST) - 6:00 GMT
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Anything and everything above basic in-game play. I know about stats, pokemon types, and a little bit about team building. Other then that I'm clueless.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'll be working most of the summer, like 8am-8pm though most Saturdays and Sunday afternoons I can probably get some time in. I'll most likely end up just eading the logs anyways, but if I can conveniently make a class, I will :)

I've played through generation one, two, and three. I'm currently playing through gen 5. I have never battled anyone outside of the trainers you find in game. So I'm a total NOOB :)

EDIT: I'm not interested in the one on one training

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i heard that this class was like a few hours, and i cant get on my laptop that long (stupid little bro), so i'll probably come for an hour, then have to leave, then maybe come back at the end. but ill try to stay for as long as possible and read the logs over carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back