• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 2 Discussion

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Challenge 2 WAS ANNOUNCED. We have to identify Gladiators. But we must also idnetify it with their correct armor and arms. Here's the link to it.

Challenge Link

Further more, I found a link, that may prove to be useful to us. I already found an answer :)
    Gladiator Link

The reward to this is that HALF of our poisoned teammates are cured, meaning if we win, 4 or 5 of us are cured :). But if we lose, all 9 of the teammates poisoned will be elminated. So post your findings here. And like I said, i found an answer.

With the combined efforts and research of myself and elheroeoscuro, we completely tacked this in a little over an hour(AND ITS DUE TOMMOROW), here is the submission, let's see Team 2 beat us now,
    Gladiator 1: Murmillones
    Weapons
    - Sword
    - Large Oblong Shield
    Armor
    - Low Leg Grieves
    - Dorsal Helmet

Gladiator 2: Retiarii
    Weapons
    - Net
    - Trident
    Armor
    - Shoulder Guard

Gladiator 3: Hoplomachi
    Weapons
    - Spear
    - Dagger
    - Small Round Shield
    Armor
    - Padded Shin Guard
    - High Leg Grieves

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    We legit posted it at the exact same time haha, but we can use this thread (:

Do you know what weapons/armor would combined with Retiarii?

EDIT: Retiarii is definitely the second gladiator, which means the net, dagger, and the spear would be used with that. I'm currently looking into armor for him.

EDIT2: It says that he fights naked, except for a shoulder guard that covers his face.
    Link 1, Link 2

If there is a specific formula, then there are 3 weapons and 1 armor for each gladiator.

EDIT3: The third gladiator is Hoplomachi - all the gladiator's are going to be pluralized, so if the gladiator ends in "us" then it will be transformed to "i." He also uses a small shield, high leg greaves as protection, and a dagger, spear as a weapon.
    Link 3

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
    It said it uses a net, daggers, and a trident for weapons. I beleive they wear some neck guards and shoulder guards. But usually wore next to no armor, which explains their agileness.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    It said it uses a net, daggers, and a trident for weapons. I beleive they wear some neck guards and shoulder guards. But usually wore next to no armor, which explains their agileness.

Definitely a shoulder guard, but can you link me to a neck guard? Also I discovered what the third gladiator was, which can be found in my first post.

DJTiki

Years
    Definitely a shoulder guard, but can you link me to a neck guard? Also I discovered what the third gladiator was, which can be found in my first post.

Okay thanks, I have the first one :) all of it is the link. You'll have to give me a sec on the link to neck guard. Actually....you may be right. Shoulder guards is all the link says, and your formula is correct.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'm just going to post what we have so far...

Gladiator 1: Murmillones
    Weapons
    - Sword
    - Large Oblong Shield
    Armor
    - Low Leg Grieves
    - Dorsal Helmet

Gladiator 2: Retiarii
    Weapons
    - Net
    - Trident
    Armor
    - Shoulder Guard
    -

Weapons
    - Spear
    - Dagger
    - Small Round Shield
    Armor
    - Padded Shin Guard
    - High Leg Grieves

Items
    Sword
    Small Round Shield
    High Leg Greaves
    Dorsal Helmet
    Net
    Sickle
    Padded Shin Guard
    Low Leg Greaves
    Dagger
    Spear
    Talon Helmet
    Trident
    Large Oblong Shield
    Shoulder Guard

Weapons and armor can only be used once, so I think the dagger for gladiator 3 is more important for him than gladiator 1.

Last edited:

DJTiki

Years
    I'm just going to post what we have so far...

Gladiator 1: Retiarii
    Weapons
    - Net
    - Trident
    - Dagger
    Armor
    - Shoulder Guard
    - Neck Guard (?)

Gladiator 2: ?

Weapons
    - Spear
    - Dagger
    - Shield
    Armor
    - High Leg Grieves

Weapons and armor can only be used once, so I think the dagger for gladiator 3 is more important for him than gladiator 1.

On my first post, i found the missing one that we still need, which is Mirmillones(or Murmillones) Btw, the Talon Helmet belongs to the Retiarii. I remember it saying it had one, just don't have a link.

EDIT: Gladiator Link 2

EDIT2:
    Gladiator 2: Murmillones
    Weapons
    -Sword

They also wore low leg greaves. So cross of two options on that list :)

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    On my first post, i found the missing one that we still need, which is Mirmillones(or Murmillones) Btw, the Talon Helmet belongs to the Retiarii. I remember it saying it had one, just don't have a link.

EDIT: Gladiator Link 2

Nice, nice. I believe it's Murmillones with a "u", just by googling it.

Also neck guard isn't on the list of items, so I think we can just scratch that of (unless there is an equivalent.)

DJTiki

Years
    Nice, nice. I believe it's Murmillones with a "u", just by googling it.

Also neck guard isn't on the list of items, so I think we can just scratch that of (unless there is an equivalent.)

HOLD UP, I READ MULTIPLE SOUCRES SAYING RETIARIIS WORE NO HELMETS.

Okay, so Murmillones had the Large Oblong Shield.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    murmillones

That is the plural form of murmillo :)

I also read that hoplomachi have shin guards, so...

DJTiki

Years
    What about the Talon Helmet? Would that go with anything? I'm having difficulty finding info on that.

Since Retiariis wore no helmets, im taking a good stab and saying it goes to the Hiplomachi, since they dont have a helmet.

Years
    Each item can only be used once, and there's no guarantee every item will be used.

From that we shouldn't have to worry about crossing out each item on the list.

Geez though, you guys are fast. I was away for an hour and you've already almost gotten this challenge down. Looking into the gladiators more now.

DJTiki

Years
    I can confirm this.
    (Just finished studying romans a tschool)

Thanks, so that means WE ARE DONE. We wrecked the challenge. :)
    And sheep you may be right, if elheroeoscuro cant find info on it, and megaabsol is right, then the other two items simply were never used. Never found anything on sickles.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    From that we shouldn't have to worry about crossing out each item on the list.

Geez though, you guys are fast. I was away for an hour and you've already almost gotten this challenge down. Looking into the gladiators more now.

I'm just crossing off the words on the list just to see what is left; better for my eyes (;

The only two items we haven't used are the sickle and the Talon Helmet, which I don't know if either of them will be used (as I don't know if the Talon Helmet is an actual thing.) If everyone can double check what the list looks like above for each gladiator, than I'm pretty sure I can submit it.

Renegade

Time for real life...
    Years
    Mkay, can someone post a recap of what we have so far? Just got here, all this information being shoved at me at once is kinda hard to piece together. O_o

EDIT: Nevermind, 5 others just posted at the same time. Guess I'll search through those.

EDIT 2: Okay, just looked through everything. And yes I agree. Send it away~ :3
    You guys did very well on this one, hopefully I can provide input next time. =/

Back