• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Hey guys,
I've been off the pokecommunity for a long time now No one in here probably knows me , but whilst playing through an old save of pokemon emerald I came up with an idea for a challenge:

The Baton Pass challenge
The basic premise of the challenge is:
  1. Every time a gym (might work better with 2 gyms) is beaten you pass on the save
  2. The next player then plays the save until (s)he has beaten his/her gym(s)
  3. Possible idea: you are only allowed to choose one pokemon to use in the team (i.e. Player1 chooses Rattata which has to be in team forever)
  • (Additional rules could be added, the challenge is just in the idea phase)
  • Please tell me what you think of this challenge, how to improve it, and if it has been done before, I'm terribly sorry :(

Any opinions on this challenge idea? I don't really think the idea is completely ripe yet... I would love for you fantastic guys to help me refine this concept, just give me some feedback? :) If I don't get anything I could have absolutely no idea if this is a good idea, or if it's just terrible :(
constructive criticism would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance, -mysterious unknown guy.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Any opinions on this challenge idea? I don't really think the idea is completely ripe yet... I would love for you fantastic guys to help me refine this concept, just give me some feedback? :) If I don't get anything I could have absolutely no idea if this is a good idea, or if it's just terrible :(
constructive criticism would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance, -mysterious unknown guy.

I find the idea to be pretty cool indeed!! Im not sure how popular it would be, since you'd have to wait for the other players to finish their party before you can get started and all that, but i still think it can be a lot of fun! Maybe you can add a rule that the first player can catch up to 2 Pokemon for the Team, the next one can catches 2 Pokemon, but kicks one of the Pokemon the player before him got to chose? Just an idea (:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey guys,
I've been off the pokecommunity for a long time now No one in here probably knows me , but whilst playing through an old save of pokemon emerald I came up with an idea for a challenge:

The Baton Pass challenge
The basic premise of the challenge is:
  1. Every time a gym (might work better with 2 gyms) is beaten you pass on the save
  2. The next player then plays the save until (s)he has beaten his/her gym(s)
  3. Possible idea: you are only allowed to choose one pokemon to use in the team (i.e. Player1 chooses Rattata which has to be in team forever)
  • (Additional rules could be added, the challenge is just in the idea phase)
  • Please tell me what you think of this challenge, how to improve it, and if it has been done before, I'm terribly sorry :(

This seems like a good idea. I would support this if it were to be made, and I would also help run it if necessary (wink wink)

The only forseeable problem I see is the whole idea of multiple players. I mean, a lot of people usually do challenges by themselves, and when the thread is just starting. It would be a little easier with sign-ups if you were to have 2 or 3 people sign up together (which I would be willing to do to get this thread started), that way they're not digging around the forum to find other interested players to pass their saves to. Also, that I know of, and I've been here since 2011, there has not been an idea similar to this posted before, so you'd be good to go if I were a moderator here. (Let's just hope Ever- I mean Jak thinks the same :l)

I never did tell anyone here that my 3DS broke in late January, did I? Yeah, I sent it off to Nintendo by mid to late February and it should be back on Tuessday, apparently. If it weren't for this, I would be just pumping out XY challenges, mainly on Y since I do not plan to reset X at least until I can get da Bank. I hope to be with you soon, my fellow XY challengers!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love the idea of the Baton Pass Challenge, but my only concern is that you have to rely on others pretty heavily. I would approve it though, since it's not like some challenges where the OP is like "ONLY I CAN DO THIS AND THIS" and I'm like omg no bye. lol But yeah, I'd let that pass.

(Let's just hope Ever- I mean Jak thinks the same :l)

lmao Y'all can just call me whatever you want at this point. Syd, Everlark, Jak, Toyota, Chocolate Cake, Saxophone, Nutcase...all of the above.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
lmao Y'all can just call me whatever you want at this point. Syd, Everlark, Jak, Toyota, Chocolate Cake, Saxophone, Nutcase...all of the above.

If i had to rate your User-names, id have to say Syd is my favorite, followed by Everlark :P
We do love you though no matter what you are called

Also, here is a question: If i were to start a thread for an Elimination-Locke, would it get its own thread or would it fall under the Nuzlocke thread?
An Eliminationlocke is like a Nuzlocke, but you start with a number of Pokemon instead of catching them! Basically, you start with a full team of six, and play the game as you do in a Nuzlocke challenge. Goal is to beat the entire game before you lose your whole team.
Also, same question, but with an Everlocke: Same as a Nuzlocke, but none of your Pokemon might evolve

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Everlocke (EVERLARK?!) I would keep in the main Nuzlocke thread, but Elimination-Locke has always gotten its own thread.

Also y'all are too precious lmao. Killing me with these names.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Syd double post strikes again!

I guess I am used to Sydian, although Everlark was a pretty good change imo.

Also, I was supposed to be born on St. Patrick's Day (was 3 months early), and I am from an Irish family.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Every time that double post happens, I never notice it lmao. I'll nuke it. ~_~ Anyway, that would have been a cool birthday. I'm also from an Irish family. What's really neat is that my boyfriend's last name is Irish lmao...I guess I should kiss him today, but I won't be heading to campus. :( Sad day. Oh well. And yeah, Sydian is always my favorite name, and I loved Everlark too. But I thought Jak would be fun for a bit. :) I'm really enjoying it so far.

You should totally post it, Zorogami. :)

I'm also planning on making a challenge based on Bravely Default's job classes. I'm probably going to wait a while so I can see how each job works in the actual game, and then adjust it to Pokemon-verse accordingly. It should be pretty interesting!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think your irish bf definitely deserves one (or more) kiss(es) today Syd!! :P
I really like your new name, Jak has always been a very cool character, loved the games.

Tomorrow ill get started on the Elimination-locke then, see how it turns out
Your idea in a Bravely Default Challenge sounds great i would definitely try it out!
I have only played the demo yet, but it looks sooo great :D

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
How about a challenge where you have to use Pokemon the same color as your favorite sports team (For example, I'd have to use a Green Pokemon to represent the Boston Celtics)?

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
How about a challenge where you have to use Pokemon the same color as your favorite sports team (For example, I'd have to use a Green Pokemon to represent the Boston Celtics)?

Wouldn't it be a little more interesting to go with more than one color? Most sports teams I know (not a lot) have 2 'main' colors, which for the Boston Celtics would be Green and White (do correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going based on wikipedia, which states that black and gold are also their team colors, but I'm disregarding that). I just think it looks and 'is' a lot like a mono color otherwise, I don't think there's a challenge where you have to use 2 colors, yet.
And as a sidenote, I think it's a great idea, though I'm not really sure anyone would know my favorite teams (as I live in quite a small country and most probably won't even know it exists).

Oh, and I also went with Green and White because that's the color of their jerseys (I think)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, that's basically a monocolor challenge with the idea of "gonna use my favorite sports team color" behind it. Though Buzz Buzz has a point, usually teams have two colors...so duo color challenge? lmao Not something I'd approve though, since it's too similar to monocolor. :( Sorry.

I think your irish bf definitely deserves one (or more) kiss(es) today Syd!!
I really like your new name, Jak has always been a very cool character, loved the games.

I'd get'em if I was in town, but I have no classes on Monday, so it's not really worth the 30 minute drive. :P And thanks! They're awesome games. <3

Years
I'd get'em if I was in town, but I have no classes on Monday, so it's not really worth the 30 minute drive. :P And thanks! They're awesome games. <3

Uh, if you had no classes on Monday, don't you think that'd be the exact opposite condition of what would say it's not worth the drive? :P

And I really should get back to my Mono-Color, too, because I know the TC people liked my usage of screens there. Once i'm done White, i'll continue that. Too bad my DualCapture (capture program) isn't always properly working.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Uh, if you had no classes on Monday, don't you think that'd be the exact opposite condition of what would say it's not worth the drive?

He has classes all day and then he practices for hours on end. He's got a concert coming up and his recital, so he's majorly busy. :( That did give me most of the day to work on my Easter challenge though, so not all is lost. I got three badges now and that deadline is starting to creep up on me. XD

Edit: Jesus Christ, it's been a day.

maMe3C1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back