• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, Syd, gonna miss seeing you modding us little people here. Hopefully you'll have fun with your new job though? I'm sure you'll always stalk our little sub-forum here tho :)

Perhaps, instead of updating it yourself, when someone takes a team, they repost the list of Pokemon in a spoiler, and decide on what replaces the Pokemon they took. That way it's autonomous. And maybe instead of 30, how about 18 Pokemon. That would be 3 teams which should give plenty of choice while not using too many Pokemon at the same time.

That's a good solution to the problem. Challenges that rely too heavily on its owner tend to really take a dive. We had a challenge a few years ago where the OP gave out eggs and it was REALLY popular. So when she disappeared without saying anything, there were still people signing up going weeks without eggs. You can imagine how lovely that was. lol

Dang, Syd, gonna miss seeing you modding us little people here. Hopefully you'll have fun with your new job though? I'm sure you'll always stalk our little sub-forum here tho :)

why does everyone think i'm leaving ahhh ;;

Probably right, which kinda sucks. But i really see no way around it
My recommendation would be to use either 4th or 5th gen, as both have a good variety of games and a healthily high number of Pokemon. Also people are more likely to A) have the games or B) be able to emulate the games.
/me pushes Syd out the door :P

We had a challenge a few years ago where the OP gave out eggs and it was REALLY popular. So when she disappeared without saying anything, there were still people signing up going weeks without eggs. You can imagine how lovely that was. lol

Well thats definitely a crazy challenge to manage xD you would have to be constantly on your Ds.
I think im going to take the advice you guys gave me and maybe create that challenge for Black2/White2

That's a good solution to the problem. Challenges that rely too heavily on its owner tend to really take a dive. We had a challenge a few years ago where the OP gave out eggs and it was REALLY popular. So when she disappeared without saying anything, there were still people signing up going weeks without eggs. You can imagine how lovely that was. lol
I really liked Laure too...

I don't! I know you won't be able to stay away. And it will be kinda weird to see a Super Moderator participating in challenges that aren't events.

By the way, how goes the search for the non-shiny Altaria?

And it will be kinda weird to see a Super Moderator participating in challenges that aren't events.
lilith did my Vault Hunter's Challenge...

Well thats definitely a crazy challenge to manage xD you would have to be constantly on your Ds.
I think im going to take the advice you guys gave me and maybe create that challenge for Black2/White2
What about Black and White 1?

I've been meaning to get back to my Y playthrough for a while, but the fact that I have so much on me (college work, White, and me being horribly overdue to finish FE: Awakening) have kept me from doing so. Doesn't help that my DualCapture is kinda buggy on occasion and often I struggle for it to read my cable. ;_;

If I can get it to work, i'd love to stream sometime.

Are you telling me to do the 2 pool thing or not?? Im not sure XD

Also, hey Lilith, nice to see you around here
It's your call. I think one pool would be easier to keep in order. Maybe just the sequels would be the way to go. Sydian is always complaining that no one uses the game tags anyway, lol!

OMG! I'm away from PC for just a day and our mommy Altaria becomes a s-mod! I should stay away from PC more often and good things will come, LOL!

Congratz Syd! :D

Thanks, LilJz! Also, I'm gonna be staying up late tonight probably and I'm gonna hang out in #swablunest if anyone wants to stop by. I need to quit forgetting about it lol. If you haven't been there before, there's a link in the forum splash. And if for some reason it's not working, you can just VM me and I'll give it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back