• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'm almost positive that just like the main character, the rival will change as well. Even though it doesn't factor the game, I'm really hoping that he won't change too much. However, seeing a new face for the rival could be interesting. I guess we'll have to just wait and find out, don't you think?

Years
    do you really think theres gona be that much of a difference? its a remake, not a new game...ugh. i want it to come out already!!!!!!

Well, FrLg had the Sevii Islands added as a little surprise, and those weren't in the original Red/Blue/Yellow. Am I right? Besides, what everyone's stating isn't 100% fact, it's just opinions and ideas about Silver we'd like to see implemented. :) (Also, the starter follows you in the game now, which wasn't in the original gold and silver.)

If you ask me, I think Silver is a great character the way he is, but some changes I'm expecting (hoping for) an in-battle animation (such as a hair flip like f l a s h said), 2 of his Pokemon evolving (after national dex ) (Magneton and Sneasel), higher levels if they plan on increasing the levels of the gyms & elite four, new movesets for his pokemon to bring it up to par with DPPt, as well as an updated look. I also agree with what other people have mentioned, such as giving him a little more of a backstory this time around. He was the most interesting rival in my opinion. I'm also looking forward to what the new girl (or Gold) has to say about him.

(I understand how you feel. I want to play the game now, too.)

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I want his background now, gosh damnut! I'm not going to beg for a costume change because a. It probably will happen, I just have to hope it's a good change, and b. I like his old clothes.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    im sure somebody has said this by now but would the opposite gender be a rival aswell, like DP? That would kinda cool... I only realised we don't know much about the rivals background since i read this thread. Hopefully they'll have something!

Years
    im sure somebody has said this by now but would the opposite gender be a rival aswell, like DP? That would kinda cool... I only realised we don't know much about the rivals background since i read this thread. Hopefully they'll have something!

To answer your question, I remember reading that the opposite gender will have a supporting role like Lucas/Dawn had. ...so I think there's a high possibility for it. I would like to find out more about Silver. In FrLg, they mentioned in the fame checker that Giovanni has a red-headed son. That may be Silver. Silver really doesn't like Team Rocket and he calls them all "weak." Maybe, he's into strong Pokemon, because his father (Giovanni?) probably always called him weak. He tried to get his Pokemon stronger to win his father's approval. His father probably wasn't around much throughout Silver's childhood and always spent time on his plans with Team Rocket. I'm just theorizing the situation. It would be interesting if that was true about Silver. I'm probably 100% wrong.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't want to change the rival. At all. I has hearts for Silver. Where else did the 'silver' in my username come from? Exactly. No changing. That would ruin the game in my opinion. FRLG didn't mess with Green, except for his clothes, so I don't expect them to mess with Silver too much, anyway.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To answer your question, I remember reading that the opposite gender will have a supporting role like Lucas/Dawn had. ...so I think there's a high possibility for it. I would like to find out more about Silver. In FrLg, they mentioned in the fame checker that Giovanni has a red-headed son. That may be Silver. Silver really doesn't like Team Rocket and he calls them all "weak." Maybe, he's into strong Pokemon, because his father (Giovanni?) probably always called him weak. He tried to get his Pokemon stronger to win his father's approval. His father probably wasn't around much throughout Silver's childhood and always spent time on his plans with Team Rocket. I'm just theorizing the situation. It would be interesting if that was true about Silver. I'm probably 100% wrong.

I wouldn't call youself 100% wrong, as some of it can be implemented on a well written backstory for Silver. It definitely sounds like it could make a great FanFiction on the life of Silver though. Anyway, yeah the female or Gold whichever you choose to play as the supporting role, may not be counted as a rival, but more so, someone who helps you around like Dawn and Lucas did. I won't mind that being so, but they could always work on it with her some more for all we know. As for Silver, I don't expect much of him being changed. Gary, in FRLG hadn't changed mch either from the originals, but they did add on an extended semi-plot with him afterwards, which is something I can see them doing with Silver in HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    About the after plot with Green/Gary in FRLG, if anything that should happen with Silver. I mean, if the kid really is the son of Giovanni, it's much more interesting than the after plot involving Gary.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Nothing should be changed about him. His pokemon were fine and should not be updated to newer gen pokemon, if they change him it will ruin it. And no, we don't need a backstory on him, it makes it more fun to figure it out yourself, adding that will just kill his mystery factor.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    cmon dudes HG/SS are REMAKES not the 5th gen! the rival should't be another, it should remain the arrogant, unexperienced guy with long hairs.. but yeah, he should and will get another pokemon, i'm sure of this.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    cmon dudes HG/SS are REMAKES not the 5th gen! the rival should't be another, it should remain the arrogant, unexperienced guy with long hairs.. but yeah, he should and will get another pokemon, i'm sure of this.

FR/LG were REMAKES but they also did do revamps to Gary in terms of personality >>

TimeDialga33

Go Chickorita!
    Years
    I 'm Thinking diaolouge will be dded to Giovanni's Part in the game . He would say for example Giovanni : Well, look at that . my son is back . I mean silver is my son.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    FR/LG were REMAKES but they also did do revamps to Gary in terms of personality >>

okay when you say that i realiced that its right. they should change the G/S/C Rival's skills too and his personallity should be still arrogant, but he should be much wiser.

Years
    I personally disagree with people who say he needs a back story, he is mysterious and that what makes him such a cool character, what he does need is motive to hate Team Rocket.
    Did Daddy (Giovanni) loved it more than him?
    Mommy left him to join?
    Just pure hatered for idiots dressed in stupid outfits? (God help them if he goes to hoenn)
    Whatever the reason it should be more explained.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Umm...care to explain where there was a personality change in Gary? I sure didn't see one. Everything he said was the same thing he said back in 1998, so I'm expecting everything Silver says to be the same as what he said back in 2000. It's a remake, so I highly doubt they're going to change him too much. And seeing that the moveset upgrades from DPP will more than likely be in effect in HGSS, he will be stronger. And he'll be even stronger if they fix the level problem I threaded a few weeks back.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    I hope he;s not the only rival. I'd like to see more than just the one. If you pick the boy it should have Silver and the girl as your rivals. And if you pick the girl it should have Silver and Gold as the rivals. Something like that.

And as for his team and stuff, they might change it a bit. Maybe give him a Nidoking like in the episode where he appears.

JesseRocket

Rookie Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I'm sure they'll change the way he's represented a little bit. Even if the basis is still the same, I don't think it will be exactly as it was before. I don't see any drastic changes coming but rather smaller ones instead.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Umm...care to explain where there was a personality change in Gary? I sure didn't see one. Everything he said was the same thing he said back in 1998, so I'm expecting everything Silver says to be the same as what he said back in 2000. It's a remake, so I highly doubt they're going to change him too much. And seeing that the moveset upgrades from DPP will more than likely be in effect in HGSS, he will be stronger. And he'll be even stronger if they fix the level problem I threaded a few weeks back.

Yeah, I don't think Blue/Gary's personality needs to be touched. It was dead on spot, it was that confident, prideful personality Gary has and pretty nobel after losing to you. That was one of my favorite parts in the dead Kanto region in the origional G/S, or even in the whole game. Battling Blue and Red.

mhadz0021

Never knew Paul's so cute!!
    Years
    i think his clothes wont change at all..cuz i saw the pic right?where silver is standing at the lab..
    i never saw his clothes change!:o

Back