• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changes you expect on the Rival(Silver)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    dammit, iTzKaizer you beat me to it XD

Anyway

pretty much I would like to see his back story more in-depth

and give us one team-up with him!

NO!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • I really expected that he will become as much cuter than ever >3.. I really like his hair. Red XD. By the way i also expect high level pokemons from him. So we can battle challenging and hard is that even fun? :3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, his snotty attitude is very nostalgic, so hopefully they will keep that. But maybe make slightly less snotty? In my opinion... :|

As for his team. He should get the same as the original G/S/C, but slightly improved, so he's more of a challenge.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I hope they keep his snobby attitude however I like how in the G/S he slowly starts to doubts his ways and I hope they do that in the remakes.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I feel as if his attitude will stay the same and he will get a revamp just like everyone else. I do think the game should reveal more of his back story and that he should have more encounters.

His team will probably stay relatively the same, cept in a new encounter his Sneasel and Magneton will evolve into their IV evolutions.

As for the ideas of a team-up, I'd like it but IMO it doesn't fit his style and attitude UNLESS it is post Crobat evolution when he can be seen as good (happiness evolution).

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    more hint for him being giovanni's son. other than the one clue the scientist mentions in fire red/ leaf green

Kanda Yu

Exorcist
    Years
  • Like the others are saying, i hope they give him a little more backstory.

I really hope they give us more chances to battle him! I love his battle theme.

Years
  • Whatever they change about Silver, the fandom won't be happy. Luckily Nintendo doesn't listen to the incoherent ramblings of ten-year-olds, so we can expect to see a revamped look at the very least.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • His team will probably stay relatively the same, cept in a new encounter his Sneasel and Magneton will evolve into their IV evolutions.

Don't forget Sneasel will likely be much, much more powerful compared to the utter junk it was in the original Gold and Silver (physical sweeper using Icy Wind, gogo!).

I would definitely love to see him pop up more in the later game, he sort of randomly disappeared in the original.

I wonder if the naming convention will be the same... "I'm ????"

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • All I want is to see him with an improved team and probably more appearance. His back-story can wait, or maybe several people might mentioned him and his past during your journey? I don't know, or maybe he could be the discarded son that Giovanni never wanted, thus leading to him 'assisting' you at times?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Backstory on Silver would be great, but nothing that'll end up changing the main plot, because it really isn't something that needs to be changed. If they give some people a mention of him and gradually tell of his history, then I think that'll work. With the new ecnounter possibly later on with his newer evolved Pokémon, then maybe they can add in something where he himself explains the story as well for somethings that people may have missed.

Something I was thinking of though is his appearance. He is given a tough look for every battle we've had with him, but at the end he changes. With this change, and maybe the extra fight they may add in, I say an alteration of his clothing design can be touched up on as well. He is one of the best rivals they've made for game play, and if they can simply show his character change with a new style afterwards I think it'll add on as a cool twist. They did it with Gary in FRLG after he became champion with his new pants, and seeing as how a DS cartridge can do more, I think something as that for Silver wouldn't be too difficult.

Years
  • I just hope they animate his sprite like they did with Barry. I don't want the animation to be as simple as Bertha's, though. (All she did was move one arm.) Nor do I want him to do the Barry dance. Maybe his hair can flow like Cynthia's did? I didn't mind the mystery about Silver. ;) Anyway, those small things he says, actually says a lot. Maybe, they might add a NPC in the game who is related to Silver to talk more about him?

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    I think he would have a whole new outfit. Different looks and a harder team ^_^.

Years
  • I always liked the Pokemon he had. Last time, he had Crobat-Poison/Flying, Gengar-Ghost/Poison, Magneton-Electric/Steel, Alakazam-Psychic, Sneasel-Dark/Ice, and the starter that's strong against your starter. If anything, I think they should improve the attacks of the Pokemon, and raise the levels. Also, they could make his Magneton and Sneasel evolve into Magnezone and Weavile.

Spoiler:

Years
  • New clothes, of course.
    Honestly, I don't think he'll change much. Just his same 'tude in the beginning and newfound respect for the hero nearing the end. I like him just the way he was. <3

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Newer, cooler clothes, and a new sprite, after change of heart, he gets a sprite to reflect it

make him more challenging and more of a story

no big changes, He's my favorite >:

Years
  • ^ Same here. I love his personality. Sure, he was mean, but he was different than your other rivals. You didn't feel bad for beating him. He wasn't a childhood friend like Gary or Barry. (HAHAH Their names rhyme! XD) He actually stole a Pokemon which says a lot about him. Silver had awesome Pokemon. He even turned nice at the end, which made his Golbat evolve out of love. Silver is a real rival. The kind of rival you need to have. I hope they don't change him too much. If anything, change his outfit slightly.

Back