• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Characters you want in? (Smash Bros. Brawl)

What do you think of Sakurai's latest updates on SSBB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Hey, do you guys think Captain Olimar might be a secret character, or do you think anyone else that is confirmed later are the secret characters?

Well, 24 characters have been confirmed. I'm guessing later are secret characters, probably after the game is released in Japan. Since he's targeting around the 40-mark, I'm guessing the next 15 or so are hidden characters.

Still waiting for Captain Falcon...

Years
  • Hoo-ray that sonics in it finally i characters i want in are:

Lucario
    Knuckles or Shadow
    Falco
    Pokemon Rival who has Turtwig, Crocnaw, Blaziken

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    How can I forget Bowser Jr?

If there's any new Pokemon it will probably be (as much as I HATE it) Lucario.

Nintendo should complete the Evolution line also, Pichu, Pikachu AND Raichu... ^__^

Dr. Mario must return and he had better not be a slower/stronger clone of Mario this time. Same with Ganondorf, If I want a slower and stronger C. Falcon I'd have asked for Nosepass.

Pokemon Rival is a good idea. Although I'd prefer Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion. He could be based on the character of Silver! But this will not happen ;_;

Shadow or Knuckles, definatly. Silver and Tails FTL!

Well, with 10 days until the Japanese release we'll be seeing some substantial updates. And even if he continues to update until the PAL release (like 2067) we'll know all the characters through the power of images, reviews, videos etc.

I'm still waiting for a 'returning characters' update so we can focus on the last two or hreee unannounced new challangers.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
  • Is it just me that thinks that olimar doesnt seem that great of a character? :\
    I mean, he seems really difficult to use, you have to keep plucking out pikmin even to attack! I really think that he suits the role of an assist much better...

i agree with you
    it would of been much better if the pikmin were playable =]
    at least i think so

characters i want in ssbb
    lucario
    gardevoir
    gallade
    i want pichu back too =]

goku from dbz XD idk why
    luigi
    capt. falcon
    gannon
    sheik
    midna
    wind waker link =] hes awesome

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Still waiting for Captain Falcon... As part of the Veterans List.... (he better not be hidden, seeing him as a regular in SSBM)

EDIT: OMG...... It was pushed back, AGAIN! (Freaking March 9th......)

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ok, first off, lemme say this.

Stop worrying about Luigi! I really want him too, but chances are he WILL be in the game. In fact, it is HIGHLY likely he will be a playable character. Possibly Hidden, as (I shouldn't have to say this) Masahiro Sakurai confirmed that there will be hidden characters.

Plus, we all knew that Sheik was in the game before they even anounced it. That was a given. I \just like her new look.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Well, seeing that the game has been bumped back again, there's more time for us to let our imaginations run wild on the subject. If (when) Luigi is in Brawl, he would have to be something different as one of the first things announced were no clones. We all see how Ness has been replaced by Lucas, the one difference being PK Freeze instead of PK Flash, as Luigi had the Green Missile instead of the cape. This is my vision of Luigi in Brawl:

B: FireBall (It's a Mario Bros. classic!)
    Up B: Spring Jump (The key trait that sets him apart from Mario in Super Paper Mario)
    Side B: Green Missile (Original.)
    Down B: (I have no idea on this one)

Final Smash: Super Dimentio (Super Paper Mario's final boss)
    The Chaos Heart appears! Its energy fills Luigi's body as the charming magician, Dimentio shows up and combines with the two. The huge monster prances around the battlefield stomping and blasting like there's no tomorrow!

Sorta like Giga Bowser except more dramatic.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Here's my vision of Luigi:

B: Fireball (Of course!)
    Side B: Green Missile (Yep)
    Up B: Spring Jump (same as Mario)
    Down B: Polutergust 3000 (He can just blow away people, like Mario's FLUDD attack, or he can suck them in and blow them away, like King Dedede's Inhale attack)

Final Smash: Fireball Tornado - Luigi throws some green fire balls out, and they form into a fire tornado, hitting and sucking in anyone in its path!

Here's my vision of Captain Falcon:

His attacks: same
    Final Smash: Blue Falcon - Captain Falcon gets inside his F-Zero machine, and from one side, rams through the stage. Back at the side he started, his Final Smash is done.

Here's my vision of Bowser Jr.: (if he gets in the game)

B: Fire Breath (like Bowser)
    Side B: Koopa Illusion (with rainbow paint colors, he rushes through like Fox)
    Up B: Paint Brush Copter (with his paint brush, he uses it to create colors above him. With those colors, he sails away, sort of like Peach and her parasol)
    Down B: Meteor Drill (with his paint brush, he drills down in a cyclone)
    Final Smash: Shadow Mario Runaway (with his paint brush, he gets a golden ball from the smash ball and turns into Shadow Mario. He turns invincible and can harm anyone he touches)

Here's my version of Pichu: (if he comes back)

B: Thunder Jolt
    Side B: Zap Cannon (he shoots a zap cannon at his enemies)
    Up B: Agility/ Quick Attack
    Down B: Charge (he charges himself as much as he needs to. Next time he does one electric special move, it'll cause some harsh damage)
    Final Smash: Super Thunder (he charges himself so much. When he presses B, a huge Thunder will come down the stage. However, he'll get 50% damage.)

And that's it.

sims796

Years
  • Down B: Poldergust 3000

Draws emenies close while damaging?

But I am glad you said when. Everybody crying "Waah! Why won't they say Luigi" is really annoying. He WILL be in the game. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that he will be left out. Does Nintendo have to spoon-feed you babies EVERYTHING?

Second, to you guys who said "If Snake and/or Sonic is here, then other third parties has the right too be here as well", that is absolutely nonsense. This is not a club. Nintendo puts whomever they want in, not "well if he's in, then he has the right too as well!" Besides, Sega & Konami had both either made games for Nintendo, or had some sort of relation. Do you really think that Master Cheif will be here just because Snake is here?

Along with the countless Sega games made for Nintendo (for craps sake, they have there own section on Virtual Console), they even have some DS only games.

As for Konami, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, for the Gamecube, Lunar Knights, etc.

I don't mind if you are using imagination, and Master Cheif is here just cause you wish for it. We all have the right to wish for that. But saying that Master Cheif has a right cause Snake is here is nonsense.

The best idea I've seen is the Mii idea. That's perfect!

For me, I'd love to see Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Not cause I like him--he annoys me to no end. But he looks like he'd fit in, and has plenty of moves:

B:Fire Shot
    Side B:Judgement (you know, the move where he throws the Keyblade?)
    Up B:Aero
    Down B:Thunder

Final Smash:Trinity Limit

I can't find a use for Blizzard. Maybe Side B?

EDIT: Gameplay's moves sounds good

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • Sora's Blizzard would fit best as Side B. Although Judgement seems to say wider ranged attack. IMO, Sora would be a good third party character. Then he can come with the Assist Trophy for the Heartless. But yes, all those people complaining about certain characters should be in because Snake and Sonic are in do get annoying. Hoping, dreaming, and wishing for them are fine, but they don't HAVE to be in.

@gameplay, Bowser Jr would be awesome. Although, most likely, they'll make him an Assist Trophy. But as a playable character, Brawl would be so much more awesome.

EDIT: Yes, Mr. L as an Alt. costume would be amazing! They could probably do the same thing they did with classic Wario.

sims796

Years
  • Thank you, Empolemew. And we all know Luigi is here. We don't need them to feed that to us.

Know what would be cool? If Mario was in trouble, & right when an enemy was about to take him out, Luigi comes, KO's the bad guy, and he's now playable! In Subspace, of course.

And Dr. L is a great costume. So is Dr. Mario, as he does not deserve his own character. He IS Mario!

& I hope Ganadorf has been remade. I am tired of clones. And what was the point of PICHU!

Even in Melee, Luigi wasn't so much of a "clone" anymore. They fixed him up. He was more of a similar character. His running move is that move where he runs, swinging his arms, while Mario slides. He gets Green Missle, while Mario has the Cape. Plus, the has a side meteor smash-THE PIMP HAND!-while Mario has the downward Meteor Smash.

They really tried to make him more...independant. He clobbers many opponents, while Mariois more Combo-friendly.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My top most wanted newcomers?

Lucario
    Geno
    Megaman

In that order. As far as the veterans are concerned, I want Marth back since he is my main. Captain Falcon, Luigi, and Jiggs WILL be in, as it'd just be foolish to remove them. Gannondorf is most likely in, too. I'd LIKE to see Mewtwo come back (but better, since he was practically competitively worthless...) but part of me doubts it. Falco is a maybe in my book, and I'm fairly sure Pichu, Dr. Mario, Ness, and Roy are gone. G&W and Young Link are both 'meh' in my book. If they're gone, I won't be surprised, but I won't be shocked if they stay, either...

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
  • Guess what? We all knew Jigglypuff would be in the game, but LUCARIO as well!

I kinda seen it coming. He fits in the game better than Mewto.

Yeah! I always wanted Lucario! But I hope mewtwo doesn't get cut =O
    You forgot to mention that Ness was confirmed! :P (:\.................I hate Ness)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back