• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cinenma/ Film Chit Chat

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
  • I was going to go see it again along with my sister and her friend a while back, but our plans changed. I would love to see it again! I'm defenitely going to get it when it comes out on DVD.

That's what it was? I started laughing at that part, without even knowing hehe...
    The name of the show sure rings a bell though!

My mom loved the Puss in Boots.
    I was cracking up when Shrek made the same expression. It was the last thing I expected hehe...

So, same questions!

What was your favorite character/scene?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Shrek 2, well, meh. I thought it was funny the first time I saw it, the second time, far less so. Most of it was shock value and pop culture refrences, in my opinion. And the whole bit at the end, with Fiona telling Shrek that she couldn't love him if he wasn't an ogre, well, that seemed the wrong kind of thing to put in a kids movie. Was the moral supposed to be that appearence is most important in matters of love? Just weird.

HP3 I'm going to love, doubtless.

Just saw The Princess Blade, and realized how much I love Japanese action flicks.

Finished re-watching The Seven Samurai, and re-realized how much I love Akira Kurosawa. Going out soon to pick up Ran.

I'm trying to find a theatre that's still showing Eternal Sunshine, because I adore that movie.

Finally found the cash to pick up Fog of War. Anyone who has an intrest in history and hasn't seen this needs to. Absolutely fascinating movie.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    100marios said:
    I was going to go see it again along with my sister and her friend a while back, but our plans changed. I would love to see it again! I'm defenitely going to get it when it comes out on DVD.

That's what it was? I started laughing at that part, without even knowing hehe...
    The name of the show sure rings a bell though!

My mom loved the Puss in Boots.
    I was cracking up when Shrek made the same expression. It was the last thing I expected hehe...

So, same questions!

What was your favorite character/scene?
    Hawaii Five-0 is a pretty old show, but it's really good. ^_^ It's about some cops in Honolulu, Hawaii that solve different crimes and everything. It's interesting. I just like it because it's all filmed where I was born, and the theme is neat! (My mom is always saying things like, 'I've been there!', 'I know where they are!', etc. whenever she sees a familiar sight. She lived there for quite a while.)

Anyways, I can't pick a favorite character. They're all funny! I liked Puss in Boots a lot, and of course, Donkey was funny. I also liked Fiona... It's hard to choose!

And as for my favorite part? That's even harder! Umm... Basically anything that had something funny in it, lol. I liked that extra scene during the credits, too, with Donkey. And I laughed really hard when Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother went through that drive-thru restaraunt; it was just like one of ours! It was funny when he put that paper crown on his head, like they have at Burger King, and started eating that kids' meal.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Degrassi: The Next Generation is the best show ever, hands down. It's real life issues for teens, and it hits you right in the heart. If you guys have comcast, its on now on channel 131, if your have directv, its channel 298. It's a marathon!

~Dazed and ::TIRED:: Dude

Years
  • ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    Degrassi: The Next Generation is the best show ever, hands down. It's real life issues for teens, and it hits you right in the heart. If you guys have comcast, its on now on channel 131, if your have directv, its channel 298. It's a marathon!

~Dazed and ::TIRED:: Dude

Love that show! I watched re-runs of it all night with my friends about a week ago. I can't wait for the new epsidoes to start, or did they already. Oh well, I'll start watching it again on Friday.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Since I saw the ad for Dodge Ball last week I can't wait to see it!
    It looks funny as ****.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I wanna go see chronciles of rid****...I swear I've heard that from somewhere before the movie...

BOO ya!

HAHA!! It won't let me rid****! rid**** rid**** rid****!!

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I saw Garfield, and it was okay. It had humor, but some of it was cheesy, so i give it a 6/10. It had all the old characters plus a few more.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Well, tomorrow I am going to see the Chronicles of Rid****, and I am quite anxious to see it. If anyone has seen "Pitch Black", then they will know that Rid**** was in that movie, and that this is like a series after he escaped from that planet. Anyways, I thought that Vin Diesel did a good job in Pitch Black, so I am hoping that he will only do a good or better job in this movie.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • I haven't really seen many good reviews of the movie, but it's all based on your own experience anyway.

O-kay! Time for Jordan, (a.k.a. 100marios) to reveal his latest findings on the Return of the King Extended Edition!

*trumpets sound and the Lord of the Rings theme comes on*

Yes, from what I've read, the movie is supposed to have 49 minutes of new footage, which includes many interesting scenes that were taken out of the theatrical version. First off, ever wondered why Gandalf seemed to lose his staff when he went with Pippin to save Faramir from being burned to death? Well, they cut out a portion where Gandalf and the Witchking face-off on their way to save Faramir. Also, for those of you who have read the books, the Mouth of Sauron makes an appearance at the Black Gate to taunt the fellowship. And lastly, the confrontation between Gandalf and Saruman is also shown.

That's all I read, but I'm already excited for it, hehe...

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Today I watched Spider-Man 2... Thats a great comedy movie!
    10/10 for the Comedy of the Movie
    7.4,2*8/10 for the Action

Oshawott501

Huge Oshawott fan
    Years
  • The last movie I saw was The Princess Diaries 2:Royal Engagement it was actually a good movie I like it when Princess Mia says "I have my own mall" and I also like when Julie Andrews sings again for the first time in years but then it turns into a duet with Raven I like the duet a lot so I reccomend this movie to everyone

Kiri

Breeder & Berry Grower
    Years
  • I saw IRobot. The effects were great, but there was the fundamental flaw: if the proffesor had forseen that Viki the security system was going to go berzerk and take control of the world, why didn't he kill her when he had the chance instead of leaving an elaborate set of clues for some dectective to (hopefully) follow and have a robot throw him through the window?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Meh, I never got around to seeing Shrek 2.

Has anyone here seen The Notebook? It's pretty good and really romantic, I saw it a couple weeks ago, before my bday.

Years
  • Oh, man...Lol!
    I saw The Grudge, yesterday...Oh god...So funny!! The previews make it look like it might be scary, but, it`s not. There are a few parts where I jumped, though, cause I wasn`t expecting something to happen.
    But, anyway, like, it uses EVERY clich? in horror flick clich?`dom. It`s funny...It`s like...The Ring meets Godsend meets The Ring, again. And, everything is so predictable in it. It`s great.
    I know it is based off of a Japanese movie, but, so was The Ring. And, well, Ringu (the Japanese original) was funny. The Ring was lame, though. I wanna see the Japanese one of The Grudge. Though, it will have the absense of Buffy (and the obvious irony of how Sarah Michelle Geller acts the same in every role...i.e the glossy eyes...the pathetic I CAN`T DEAL! thing...) which means I can`t make SMG jokes, but, still, I must see if it`s funnier than Grudge.

winnie

Long Live Guitars
    Years
  • The last movie that i watched at the cinema's was "shark tale" and i didn't like it very much, it was kinda boring (my friends made me watch it with 'em.
    The last DVD movie i watched was "mean girls" which i thought was an o.k movie 'cause actually did talk about how mean a girl can get.
    --The grudge looks like an interesting movie the only thing i know about it is that it stars sarah michelle geller.

Back