• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Clearing up the Confusion on Regions - Regional Differences in Pokémon Games

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2007
    Attention!!! the ds games arnt region sealed but gba games are region sealed! so it wont work the euopean gba game will just deny the transfer/detection of the ds game!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Attention!!! the ds games arnt region sealed but gba games are region sealed! so it wont work the euopean gba game will just deny the transfer/detection of the ds game!

ss5vegeta is right; GBA games aren't sealed. I also have an Emerald DS and works with everything I have that supports the games - including Pokémon Box.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
  • My Pokemon Ranger is american, becuase pokemon ranger isant out in England yet.

Would that be able to trade the manaphy to an english diamond or pearl?

1 last queston, if theoraticly I can play an american Battle rev on my wii would it be able to link up to my american d/p on a english ds and wii?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    My Pokemon Ranger is american, becuase pokemon ranger isant out in England yet.

Would that be able to trade the manaphy to an english diamond or pearl?

1 last queston, if theoraticly I can play an american Battle rev on my wii would it be able to link up to my american d/p on a english ds and wii?

Yes, it would. Too bad Wii games are region-restricted.

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
    Years
  • All questions well be answered in 11 days! :D

Thanks btw! This cleared up alot of things. I (the smart one) is getting one from USA and my friend pre-ordered it for the Uk.

Will be interesting

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Thanks for clearing this up Wakachamo. Now I can tell my cousins in england about this.

UnHoly

The Invincible
    Years
  • importing from the US

i live in UK and i am considering importing the US version, however i have a couple of queries, i know it will work on my DS but i need to know:

1. Will i be able to trade from my UK version of emerald
    2. will i be able to trade to UK versions of the game when they come out

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    First off, you don't trade from the GBA games, you "import the Pokémon". I can almost 100% guarantee you that that will work with absolutely no problems, since GBA games are also region-free.

As for your second question, we can't really guarantee first off.
    The thing is, we don't know if it depends on the region of the game, or the region of the DS. However, some people say that it actually depends on the region of the DS, which means that you might be able to trade effortlessly with UK versions of the game.

Hope I helped.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
  • I live in the UK, and preordered and ordered Diamond and diamond guide book of prima of ebay.

If I get my Wii chiped I can play Battle Rev from america and use my american diamond team on it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I live in the UK, and preordered and ordered Diamond and diamond guide book of prima of ebay.

If I get my Wii chiped I can play Battle Rev from america and use my american diamond team on it.

You can't get your Wii "chipped" and make it play NTSC games. That's just not possible as of yet, and I haven't heard of a true solution to that.

But, in regard to connecting Diamond to it, you won't need to get the american PBR to get it to work. I can't tell you surely, but it might just work with the UK PBR.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
    Years
  • It is possible, I know a guy who knows a guy who can do it, they made a chip for it.

Even if PBR does work ill chip it any way so i can get games earlier. (about 1 year earlier.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It is possible, I know a guy who knows a guy who can do it, they made a chip for it.

Even if PBR does work ill chip it any way so i can get games earlier. (about 1 year earlier.)

You sure it's for NTSC compatibility, instead of just running backups? Running backups by modding the Wii is possible, but I've honestly never heard of anything such as making it able to read NTSC.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Wait I still got a question. My mom is going to U.S. and A. to go for my aunts graduation(shes only 18 and in highskool). And she said shes going to get me pokemon Pearl. And I have my DS here in canada. Will Pokemon Pearl work on my DS?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^Undeniably, yes you will. The USA and Canada are considered to be one sole region, since they both use NTSC. Everything will work smoothly.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Oh sweeeet! Thanks for telling me this. I might even get Pokemon Diamond...just to be greedy!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^No prob.

Update:
    OK, just to update on some questions about the Pal Park.
    Pal Park in the US version Diamond does work with European English GBA games, from what I've heard. I've updated the first post with some details on the regions of Pal Park. Note that I'm still basing this off logic, and might not be 100% true, true fact. Not for long, though, as on the 29th, I'll revise this and update.

(Thanks to Forest Grovyle for the suggestion)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You are right, it does.
    SPP has confirmed that it isn't region locked, but only langauge locked.
    So you can transfer Pokémon from your UK GBA games to the US D/P.

Exactly. GBA games work differently because they're language locked. I've mentioned that in my first post. Thanks.

Back