• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning, Made even easier? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
  • Yeah, I'd like to see a video also Sudeki!
    I believe you of course, but I'd just like top see your technique :)

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • How about after you've "corrupted the save file" or whatever, you've still got that Pokemon in your Pokéwalker thing right? Well your "cloned" Pokemon, I mean the most obvious place for the pokemon would be in the PC or your party right? Well what if it was somewhere else? For example I know there's a Day Care nyeah.. "relatively" early in the game if you rush, so what about putting the Pokemon in there then take out the Pokemon from the Pokéwalker, it'd be nice if someone tried it out XD
    But yeah o.o

I know it sounds stupid.
    It was an idea.
    And no I don't have the game. I'm from UK 8D
    And yes I'm speculating about the existence of cloning in this game.

I'll just go sit in the corner and wait for harsh comments thrown at me

Actually it sounds like a good idea!Someone should try that ( I would but I don't have the game yet unfortunately)

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    How about after you've "corrupted the save file" or whatever, you've still got that Pokemon in your Pokéwalker thing right? Well your "cloned" Pokemon, I mean the most obvious place for the pokemon would be in the PC or your party right? Well what if it was somewhere else? For example I know there's a Day Care nyeah.. "relatively" early in the game if you rush, so what about putting the Pokemon in there then take out the Pokemon from the Pokéwalker, it'd be nice if someone tried it out XD
    But yeah o.o

I know it sounds stupid.
    It was an idea.
    And no I don't have the game. I'm from UK 8D
    And yes I'm speculating about the existence of cloning in this game.

I'll just go sit in the corner and wait for harsh comments thrown at me

As Kevin said, it sounds reasonable. Only thing is, it might take a while to get up to Rule-- er, Route 34 to test that hypothesis.

It's actually a good hypothesis. Given how when you put a Pokémon into the Daycare in D/P/Pt and then synchronize the game card with Battle Rev, only for it to bleep at you saying the Pokémon doesn't exist anymore, I could see this working as well.

OFF TO ROUTE 34!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Idk, as I haven't gotten the game yet, but I'm doubtful about it working. =/ Think it's done so you can't lose your Pokemon, but if you try to exploit it to clone, it only gives you the non-Pokewalker-ed one back (i.e. any exp gained isn't received), or so I recall..., and a second isn't given to you, just deleted.

But I'll leave this open for more confirmation either way just to make sure - but if it turns out to be false, then this'll be closed.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I read on Serebii actually something like this, it said about "losing" your Poké Walker so then it gives you another Pokemon however if you "find it again" then obviously it's going to delete the one in your Poké walker in your game. What I'm saying is my last idea was stupid. The Pokémon can still be uh "detected" in your game >.>
    However what if it was in someone else's game. I don't see it being detected there?
    Couldn't you just trade it over, take out the Pokemon from a walk, trade back your original Pokemon. As they are both now in your games.

I'm not sure what would happen.. But I don't really see it messing anything up.
    I mean, understandably the game might freeze, or it might even come up with an error message and stop you trading.. but I haven't got the game yet so I can't test out what will happen.
    Also this is much easier than just going to a Daycare isn't it trading with someone? XD
    Far more earlier into the game to try and "prove"

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • However what if it was in someone else's game. I don't see it being detected there?
    Couldn't you just trade it over, take out the Pokemon from a walk, trade back your original Pokemon. As they are both now in your games.
    If you mean trade the Pokemon in the Pokewalker to someone else's game, that won't work. Pokewalker only works with one game at a time, and to work with another it has to be 'removed' from the 1st HGSS cartridge to be able to communicate with another game - so it can only 'trade' Pokemon to one game full stop unless you swtich and that requires it being empty (or if not it just wipes the memory and you get your Pokemon back without exp), or leastways that's my understanding of it.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Pokemon don't have IDs (only OTs and national dex numbers :P) in the game. It can't check that its a duplicate. Even if you released the original I highly doubt it would make it work.

Anyway, any appologies to Nintendo, anyone? Anyone? No? Okay then...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    The Pokemon never leaves the game, no matter what is displayed on the Pokewalker. Turning the game off when it's saving allows the walker to display it but the "transfer" is never registered.
    Nothing is ever transfered to the Pokewalker thus your Pokemon are always safe as mentioned in the booklet.

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • I think we need to partially go on what Arty2 said, although I'd disagree with the last sentence.... of course the pokemon gets to the pokewalker, silly, otherwise I wouldn't have a Sentret named "Sentry" hanging around in my pocket. Because the save you're trying to skip to clone is on the DS itself, not on the Pokewalker. Pokemon are transfered, they're just also saved on the DS just in case.

Regardless, the save we're skipping saves the transfer.

You try to reconnect the pokewalker, but your game's logs don't remember there being a transfer. So it's like "Sorry we messed up. We'll make it right."

Maybe if we could get an AR code developed to accept the pokemon without the transfer saved, that would clone, but also defeat the purpose of having a non-AR cloning glitch...

EDIT: See? We have AR codes already. (US Version, of course)
    ::Use either Hold L or Hold R only, do not use both

::Hold [L] While Switching to Clone PKMN
    :::The first choice you choose will be the PKMN you clone! require screen refresh
    1207484C 0000231D
    94000130 FDFF0000
    1207484C 0000E008
    D2000000 00000000

::Hold [R] While Switching to Clone PKMN
    :::The first choice you choose will be the PKMN you clone! require screen refresh
    1207484C 0000231D
    94000130 FEFF0000
    1207484C 0000E008
    D2000000 00000000

(And don't be stupid... I KNOW that this thread is looking for answers other than cloning. This is just extra information to those who want it.)

Last edited:

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Is there a certain time you have to save it when it's saving to clone a Pokémon? Or is it just anytime while it's saving?

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • For which, the pokewalker, daycare or AR?

Pokewalker [Glitch that doesn't actually work, can't return from stroll] - turn it off RIGHT AFTER it transfers, BEFORE it saves.

Daycare - Just a theory. No one's tried anything, so no one knows.

AR - Cloning doesn't involve saves.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    If you mean trade the Pokemon in the Pokewalker to someone else's game, that won't work. Pokewalker only works with one game at a time, and to work with another it has to be 'removed' from the 1st HGSS cartridge to be able to communicate with another game - so it can only 'trade' Pokemon to one game full stop unless you swtich and that requires it being empty (or if not it just wipes the memory and you get your Pokemon back without exp), or leastways that's my understanding of it.
    No no, you've got the wrong point, right you know there are 2 now after you've "cloned" it. WELL the one in the REAL game not in the Pokéwalker should be traded with someone else.
    Are you getting where I'm coming from?
    So then, you can take the Pokemon FROM the Pokéwalker into your game, take the Pokemon from the other game that you just gave to your other DS, then you'll have two.
    I know it sounds complicated but I shall try to explain what's happening more.. Uh, easily?

"Corrupt" save file-->Trade Pokémon from your game NOT from the Pokéwalker to another DS-->Take the Pokémon from the Pokéwalker out of the Pokéwalker-->Trade back the Pokémon you sent to the other game.-->???? PROFIT

That's it.
    Just need SOMEONE to test it out as I don't have the game, it would be nice if someone could tell me the problems ^.^
    But I'm sure with this Pokéwalker there's going to be a lot of cloning theories, I just need to see if this theory is right..

EDIT-Also in relation to what Eyaare said in post #31 about the Pokémon still being in the game but just "hidden". Now, if this "hidden" Pokémon is now in your game, you can trade it over with the cloned Pokémon surely..

Last edited:

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • No no, you've got the wrong point, right you know there are 2 now after you've "cloned" it. WELL the one in the REAL game not in the Pokéwalker should be traded with someone else.
    Are you getting where I'm coming from?
    So then, you can take the Pokemon FROM the Pokéwalker into your game, take the Pokemon from the other game that you just gave to your other DS, then you'll have two.
    I know it sounds complicated but I shall try to explain what's happening more.. Uh, easily?

"Corrupt" save file-->Trade Pokémon from your game NOT from the Pokéwalker to another DS-->Take the Pokémon from the Pokéwalker out of the Pokéwalker-->Trade back the Pokémon you sent to the other game.-->???? PROFIT

Just need SOMEONE to test it out as I don't have the game, it would be nice if someone could tell me the problems ^.^
    But I'm sure with this Pokéwalker there's going to be a lot of cloning theories, I just need to see if this theory is right..

EDIT-Also in relation to what Eyaare said in post #33 about the Pokémon still being in the game but just "hidden". Now, if this "hidden" Pokémon is now in your game, you can trade it over with the cloned Pokémon surely..
    I will test it (trading the pokemon), but I'm, like, 99.9% sure it won't work. Because, again, the pokemon won't be taken from the pokewalker if the DS can't remember it being sent from the pokewalker. Whether the pokemon is there or not is irrelevant.

Test results below.

And also, I wasn't saying that the pokemon was seeable. I'm saying that when you send a pokemon to the walker, there's a backup on your game. So if you loose your pokewalker, there's a "lost pokewalker" option where you can get the backup, but then when you find the pokewalker and try to return from stroll you get the same error as before, where it's released to the wild.

EDIT - The result of testing:
    Test - 1. Transfered Paras to PKWLKR 2. Turned off before saved 3. Traded Paras to Platinum 4. Attempted to return Paras from stroll.
    Result - fail.

Although we may be onto something here.

If you remember correctly, most, if not, all the cloning glitches had to do with turning off the game mid-save. So we may need to go a step farther, try turning off the game mid-save of pokewalker. I'd test it myself, but I'm unsure if I want to take the risk, or if I understand it...

Last edited:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    there's a "lost pokewalker" option where you can get the backup, but then when you find the pokewalker and try to return from stroll you get the same error as before, where it's released to the wild.
    There could be a way to try and stop it from being released into the wild. We might need some more time and more.. Help..
    And also it takes time for these things to crop up..
    But I think the most likely way is if the Pokémon on the game was somehow "lost" as well.
    So then you could put the Pokéwalker Pokémon inside the game, then somehow get that Pokémon back... =/
    Some people don't really want to use an AR and be called a "cheat" I think that more people use the GTS glitch still just to see, but if we get this working then people won't need to pay except for the game, amirite?

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • Yes, you're right, that's why this thread is still going after I've already given the AR codes. I'm working on daycare and more pokewalker research to see if we've got anything. Otherwise we'll have to turn our hopeful eyes elsewhere.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yes, you're right, that's why this thread is still going after I've already given the AR codes. I'm working on daycare and more pokewalker research to see if we've got anything. Otherwise we'll have to turn our hopeful eyes elsewhere.
    Have you tried the trading theory with 2 DS's I suggested?
    Does it work or not?
    XD
    Then we'll know what went wrong =3

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
  • EDIT - The result of testing:
    Test - 1. Transfered Paras to PKWLKR 2. Turned off before saved 3. Traded Paras to Platinum 4. Attempted to return Paras from stroll.
    Result - fail.

Although we may be onto something here.

If you remember correctly, most, if not, all the cloning glitches had to do with turning off the game mid-save. So we may need to go a step farther, try turning off the game mid-save of pokewalker. I'd test it myself, but I'm unsure if I want to take the risk, or if I understand it...
    Yeah, it didn't work. If you'd like to try the suggestion I made, or confirm that turning off the game mid-save just reverts you to a back up save (I have a special event Arceus from my bro, I don't wanna corrupt the game then find out there's no backup and I'm screwed) then go ahead. If it does have the same backup save system so corrupting the game has no risk, I'd try it myself.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    What happened?
    Did the Pokémon in the Pokéwalker go off?

Right here's what we've got so far-
    Pokémon BACKUP on DS in case Pokéwalker goes missing
    Pokémon can't be returned if another is in the game.
    Trading Pokémon to another game also won't return the Pokémon back from Pokéwalker

To be tested-
    Day care- I don't think this method is going to work seeing as the Pokémon is STILL on the game
    Pokémon to be put on another Pokémon game (?) Like Pokémon Ranch or something?

It's a loophole obviously.. Or something like that >_>
    We've got to try and "break" it.

And yes, I think we should try the clock turning method.

It's going to be.. Fun/

But we all know it's got to be something with the Pokéwalker it seems like the most obvious target >83
    However we may be going for the wrong thing, maybe it's something else, is there anything else you can put your Pokémon in to trade or whatever?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back