• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Haha, we're seeing another round of new cards! Just curious, how do you guys feel about these particular cards?

Anti-Magic Arrows
    Spell Quick-Play
    Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. (1) During either player's Battle Phase: Until the end of the turn, Spells, Traps, and Spell/Trap Effects cannot be activated.

Juragedo
    Dark Fiend / Effect
    LV4 1700/1300
    (1) During the Battle Step of either player's turn: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, gain 1000 LP. (2) During either player's turn: You can Tribute this card, then target 1 face-up monster you control; that target gains 1000 ATK until the end of the turn.

I think Anti-Magic Arrows serves as a decent alternative to Trap Stun, even if chaining doesn't work. With a bit of prediction, you can completely avoid Book of Moon or any other Spells/Traps, but I still might prefer Trap Stun in most cases. As for Juragedo, it seems pretty splashable in Synchro and Xyz decks, but we'll find out soon enough.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    There releasing a new form for Ra as well, spheal sphere mode

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hate playing stuff preemptively, Trap Stun looks better than Anti-Magic right now bc it's chainable to activated stuff. Book of Moon's really the only reactive Spell I can think of besides the Quick-Play Fusion Spells.

Juragedo is literally a free SS. Don't see anything wrong with that, you just won't be able to conduct BP with whatever extra deck thing you want to bring out.

New Ra is like a 3-Tribute Lava Golem, but I feel like it'd be dead way too often.

Meadow

Years
    Yeah, the only real use I can see for Anti-Magic Arrows is when you're going for a finishing play, but want to minimize BP disruption. The only advantage it has over Trap Stun in that scenario is that you can use it during the turn you draw it out, but I guess Trap Stun is more versatile in the long run.

As for Juragedo, it can also serve as a free Kalut, albeit less convenient, haha.

On a side note, I think the Sharks are gonna like this new card:

Aquarium Stage
    Spell Continuous
    (1) WATER monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, except with WATER monsters. (2) "Aqua Actress" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects. (3) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Aqua-Type monsters.

It's only a minor tech, sure, but it still serves as some pretty decent protection, and it can also special summon a dead Silent Honor monster from the grave, which would be really useful in a Rank-Up build like mine.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Ladies and gents get your Toon Tables now before they get real pricey, toons are only getting more stupid

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-cardo-updates/
    Copycat/Mimicat
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate 1 "Mimicat" per turn.
    (1) If you control "Toon World" and a Toon Monster: Target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; if it is a monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field. If it is a Spell/Trap Card, Set it to your side of the field.
    Oh yeah, that was a card used in the show. Huh.

Well, I'm at the very least glad that the Toons are getting some kind of support, because running them even casually in 2015 is basically suicide. Though I don't know how I feel about this card, it seems...uh...

Other than blocking recycling/special summoning tactics, what practical use does it have, really? Well, it seems like a no-brainer for a Toon deck, considering how many cards and support the deck has, and the Spell/Trap inclusion does open avenues, but I'm mostly spitballing, here. Have there been any other Toon entries in the past couple of years?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Aquarium Stage
    The card is solid enough to make me want to play pure Aqua Actresses, regardless of how good the monsters are lol. I'm pretty sure two were announced, outside of the anime(?), and weren't too noteworthy, but this (which should be a field imo) is pretty dang good.

Other than blocking recycling/special summoning tactics, what practical use does it have, really? Well, it seems like a no-brainer for a Toon deck, considering how many cards and support the deck has, and the Spell/Trap inclusion does open avenues, but I'm mostly spitballing, here. Have there been any other Toon entries in the past couple of years?
    Well a lot of powerful one-of Spell and Traps can be copied, which is really good (Raigeki, Vanity's, timely MSTs, etc.). And Monster Reborn/general graveyard disruption can be game changing. And not sure if you've heard of the Toon Kingdom and Comic Hand releases for OCG? They also have Toon Cyber Dragon and Ancient Gear Golem, so they've got a lot of really good pieces.

. . .
    And it's finally time y'all. Revise and I have discussed it, and we're starting the YGOpro tournament (sorry DN users).

YGOpro Tournament #1
    - Advanced Format, April '15 TCG Banlist
    - [OCG] cards are allowed.
    - [Anime] cards are not allowed.
    - Rounds will be conducted in Matches (best of 3), so be sure to prepare a Side Deck.

- Please leave your YGOpro name if you'd like to signup.
    - We'll leave signups open for a little while, hoping for at least 8 people.
    - With 8 or more participants we'll do a Swiss Tournament, meaning you get points for wins and after a specified number of rounds we will cut to a top number of players (based on number of participants) to play for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
    - With less than 8 players we'll do a Round Robin Tournament, where everyone will play everyone once, and we will cut to a top number of players (based on number of participants) to play for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

- The winner wins essentially nothing lol. Basically bragging rights, and I'll put your name in the OP for all of posterity.

Any questions/suggestions let me know! And if you know anyone outside of the club that'd be interested in playing, invite them, participation is certainly not limited to just club members. Just have them VM me. The more people the better!​

Meadow

Years
    Yay, it's about time, haha!

YGOPro Name: Revise
    (Note: My host name is usually "Shark," because "Revise" is apparently too long to fit.)

Do you think it's possible to issue an emblem to participants? You know... to attract more people? xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Pretty sure only mods can do that lol.

And for anyone worried about not having time for the tournament, there's no time limit for each round (within reason). You'll have to coordinate with your opponent when you want to play and hopefully each round won't take more than a couple days.

Meadow

Years
    True. Ah well, so long as we can get 6 or more people, then we should be set to go! *crosses fingers*

By the way, I'm assuming DevPro isn't allowed? I know there are lots of people out there who'd rather use it over the standard YGOPro, but I don't think we'll be seeing such people on PC.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Hm...well we could always try to get a mod to authorize some emblems. As long as the emblems themselves and the text that goes with them is designed by someone else and is approved, I'm sure that would be little trouble for a mod.

It's worth a shot, at least. If it comes down to it, since I'm not participating, I could always design them, myself.

Meadow

Years
    I was gonna ask the same thing as well. Are we allowed to change decks throughout the tournament?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    So I guess no I'm trying to optimize my decks, though I have never made a side-deck, so I have little knowledge on that subject.

Also if we need people my brother is interested.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    DevPro is not compatible with YGOpro correct? I chose the latter bc that's what the majority of people seemed to use.

In regards to the deck, I'd say use the same deck throughout, but if there are any major objections that could be changed. Mainly for consistency purposes, say I have a hunch about what someone's playing, I won't be able to straight counter them, etc. And I could always try and help out with Side Decking before-hand, if people aren't familiar with it, Googling some stuff might be helpful, but I think you'll mainly find the answer "it depends on the format", and I doubt we're all playing meta.

And for the emblem, either myself, or whoever wants to create the emblem (I could potentially design it as well, but looks like we have that covered), could talk to someone about that, prob Axeliira?

Meadow

Years
    Wait, but there's technically no way to verify that we're using the exact same deck each time, unless we upload them here. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That's true lol. We could do the honor system, or just let people change decks, either I'm fine with.

Meadow

Years
    Hmm, could you please explain what this honor system is? I've been living under a rock, so I've honestly never heard of it. xD

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Basically just trust everyone to be honest and stick to the same deck. Only thing holding you back is your conscience and integrity lol.

But again, if people wanted to change decks, I'd be fine with that. If we do stick to one deck though, winner could give a deck profile at the end which could be interesting.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    I'm in, we are doing best of 3 with your opponent? That's what they do in the world tournaments...
    I like the sound of not changing decks, but I don't mind changing a couple cards between matches
    My YGOpro is Zehn btw

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Correct, best of three duels, so it's just a Match on ygopro instead of a Single Duel.

Back