• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I hope that they expand it, rather than lower the diving experience. I have a bad feeling that we might see a lot less areas to dive in ORAS, rather than actually taking this opportunity to make a really cool and interesting dynamic. The visuals have the potential to be thoroughly incredible. I reckon we'll probably see the introduction of a HM for Dive again, too. We only seen 5 HM's in X&Y, so there's room for Dive to become HM06 or something.

Either way, this is one feature I really hope GameFreak take full advantage of.

The dive areas on the map are as extensive as those in the originals (but more detailed) so I think we'll get as much area as before.

Something I'll love to see are underwater caverns where we can't go back to the surface until we exit them.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I hope there would be an animation sequence when it does happen haha :33 I'm thinking that the splash effect wherein you are battling while surfing should happen haha

Salzorrah

Years
  • Maybe those things will be present in the background, and have a chance of giving you an item, like in XY. Maybe give you a Pearl or something if you use Dive in battle?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • The water, and diving, made Sapphire for me. Nerfing it would be the ultimate disappointment these games could provide (I don't care about megas, but I do want an amazing underwater experience).

Years
  • Maybe those things will be present in the background, and have a chance of giving you an item, like in XY. Maybe give you a Pearl or something if you use Dive in battle?

Maybe pearls if one is battling a Clamperl, and shards if one is battling Relicanth? I wonder if the shards will return with their original purpose. One of the reasons I did so much diving in the originals was to find them and trade them in for evolution stones.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I loved diving in the old games, and was sad when it was not in any other games. The animation for going under the water will hopefully be cool. Putting the new water-type mega stones underwater would be an interesting.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Have you guys ever wonder if the rare underwater items in Unova, the relics, will appear in Hoenn as well? I hope we do get them, and sell them to a high price haha :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How else would we gain access to Sootopolis City, or the Team Aqua hideout? at first I thought they might not include it, but thinking about it now it is such widespread over the region and is required for story progression, I would be surprised if it didn't make the cut.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • How else would we gain access to Sootopolis City, or the Team Aqua hideout? at first I thought they might not include it, but thinking about it now it is such widespread over the region and is required for story progression, I would be surprised if it didn't make the cut.

They could really piss us off by making those a cutscene. Shows the player performing the action, like Fly, with no control underwater. Would be a shame, though. :(

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Diving in Unova was pathetic. I was utterly disappointed that it wasn't given more attention in Gen V.

Gamefreak better do a good job this time.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• I really hope they incorporate more sea-life and such around in the area, too. Maybe like some wild Pokemon that can't be caught just floating around on the rocks, maybe some coral reefs and such, sponges, seaweed, anemones, etc.

I really hope they have even more Pokemon for the underwater routes, too. 3 Pokemon just didn't seem like enough Pokemon that would live on the ocean floor, ya know?

Perhaps some of the features which you would like to see under Hoenn's waters could contain Pokémon that resemble these parts of the environment, Jellicent♀? For example, Corsola could hide in the coral reefs, and Skrelp could pop up out of a kelp forest as you swam through it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Diving was one of the best and unique parts of the game; why wouldn't it come back? ;) Although I do hope that we don't get trainers down there - it was quite nice to be all alone. Especially if they're like Sky Trainers and we can only battle them with Water Pokemon - I usually only have 1 with me at a time and it might even be a Dive/Surf HM slave so there's no way I could fight those trainers off.

On the topic of this, something I don't quite understand is how diving in this sense works anyway - so your Pokemon can learn to dive, fine, but how does that help the trainer breathe underwater indefinitely? :P

…or maybe the Pokémon on your team to whom you have taught 'Dive' spews out and maintains a giant air bubble around your head for you and, when one or more of your Pokémon is participating in a battle, your battling Pokémon?

Last edited:

Years
  • Perhaps some of the features which you would like to see under Hoenn's waters could contain Pokémon that resemble these parts of the environment, Jellicent♀? For example, Corsola could hide in the coral reefs, and Skrelp could pop up out of a kelp forest as you swam through it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

…or maybe the Pokémon on your team to whom you have taught 'Dive' spews out and maintains a giant air bubble around your head for you and, when one or more of your Pokémon is participating in a battle, your battling Pokémon?
    I would love to see the bubble around the trainer for these Games. It'll be awesome to ride on a pokemon with a bubble around us :).

Salzorrah

Years
  • Yes a bubble! Or maybe an item similar to the Go-Goggles? Maybe you can receive it after you get Dive or something?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I always just assumed you had a breather. Or Diving could just be one of the video game logic things that won't be explained and you just have to roll with it. I personally think that a bubble would be annoying, so I'd rather not see anything unnecessary.

Back