• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Come on! Let's take a dive!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I would love that. As I said the last time it was brought up perhaps there could be a small underwater opening, that works like a mini version of the Sootopolis and Trench cavern entrances. With a pond in the center of the cavern and a large sandy area in the rest. It could even be a open air base (meaning at night it'll turn completely dark unless one has lighting).
    It would be awesome if you could fly to your secret base. That way you don't have to dive to get to it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It would be awesome if you could fly to your secret base. That way you don't have to dive to get to it.

If it's open air that seems possible (or it'll simply be like the bases on the small island but with it being originally accessed differently). While the other bases we could fly outside, by the entrance. Or perhaps we can place a sign outside for flying to it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, fly to your underwater secret base through the water, that seems sooooooooooo realistic and logical. I think GF will almost never implement that feature :/

Years
    Yeah, fly to your underwater secret base through the water, that seems sooooooooooo realistic and logical. I think GF will almost never implement that feature :/

Lol, we're talking about a base that is accessed similarly to how Sootopolis is, by the water though diving, or by the sky if it's open aired (like how Sootopolis is), were not talking about an underwater cavern here xD

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh, well that made sense. LOL

Oh, and I kinda saw some closed off islands, similar to the structure as Sootopolis has, aand possibly have potential to have secret bases. Maybe it's entrance be a dive feature?

Years
    Oh, well that made sense. LOL

Oh, and I kinda saw some closed off islands, similar to the structure as Sootopolis has, aand possibly have potential to have secret bases. Maybe it's entrance be a dive feature?
    What do you mean by dive feature? You think they're going to expand the way diving works? Maybe we're getting Super Diving xD.

Years
    Oh I meant you have to dive underwater, enter a cavern, and surface, just like Sootopolis, in some islands.

Oh...the word feature made me think you were thinking of something new they could do with diving.
    Well Sootopolis wasn't the only island in the originals where we could do that. There was the Seafloor Cavern, and other smaller islands we could do that so I'm sure they'll have that for other places.

Years
    Maybe an all new region only accessible with Dive that contains late-generation water type Pokemon like Frillish and Skrelp and others! Would be really cool to have a place like that, I think, as the areas in which you can Dive currently aren't too expansive and could use more. Especially because of the 3D graphics update o:

Years
    Why need Dive to access an all new region, where you can just open another route and use Surf >.> Although that seems cool, I doubt it will happen lol.

Yup, it would seem odd if they did that. And if they did do that, it'll likely be based on Shikoku (if they keep the regions based on real world for the most part) as it's closest to Kyushu.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Well, Dive looks really nice in the new trailer released the other day !
    Spoiler:

Looks like they got away from using the top down angle, which was mostly expected but still lovely to see. And look! It seems like we might get Diving sprites for Pokemon, or maybe they all look like Wailmer. I supposed to the second, but it's still kinda fun.

Pinta77

Totally looking forward to dive in the new games! It looked great in b/w. Should be beautiful on 3ds

Years
    How lucky of us that they showed dive, we almost had a dead thread on our hands.
    Underwater looks awesome. I do wonder how the Abandoned Ship's underwater will look. I hope it looks different than what we've seen.

Back