• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day 18

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today

— What's Community Day?

Community Day (aka CommDay) is a PC Battle Server get-together. Tournaments are a mainstay at Community Day, while other activities such as iSketch, Cards Against Humanity, Mafia, and Diplomacy could happen if there's enough demand at a given time. Community Day is simply about enjoying time with others while the battle server is at its peak of activity.

— What's new?

An old favorite called Winter Wonderland will be remade for this Community Day! It's a Random Battle format that includes Pokémon related to Christmas. Each Pokémon has a modded version of the move Present, which can cause random status effects, damage, and more. Did I mention all battles take place in permanent hail too?

An OU format with permanent hail will be added. However, keep in mind that other weather is banned.

We'll try out team tournaments when there are enough people online. Members will be grouped into teams of three or more, then each team has to fight it out in an elimination or round robin tournament.

More could potentially happen. Stay tuned!

— When is this Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (UTC -5 / EST) on Saturday, December 20th and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in eastern USA, 5 AM in western USA, 1 PM in the UK, 9 PM in Western Australia, and 12 AM (midnight) in eastern Australia. You don't need to be there at the launch, though. Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

— How do I sign up?

Simply join the PC Battle Server during Community Day. While Community Day is going on, a thread will be posted in the Battling & Team Building forum for keeping track of who participated. By posting in it, you can receive one of the following emblems. (Yes, the last Community Day's emblems haven't been given out yet. We'll get to that!)

I52iHRM.png
BiItSlj.png
CzEuzeS.png

bronze = participate in one CommDay, silver = two, gold = three​

— What are the tournament rules and schedule?

To determine what battle formats to use for each tournament, we'll host polls during Community Day.

All tournaments will follow PC's Standard Battle Rules. Don't know what tiers are or how they work? Check out PC's Battling & Team Building Resources.

— XY Wi-Fi tournaments

Post in this thread if you're interested. If there's enough demand, then we'll arrange some.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

SDFGHJKL WOLF THIS IS THE BEST COMMDAY CSS EVER

Can't wait for this year's event though! Delibird PotD anyone? :D

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Yep commday will rock and if you say christmas , then delibird, jynx and lapras will rock.

Anrin Deo Avis

BlaZing with Desire
Years
Yeah Sure gona ROCk in it i will be using the USername Anrin Das is the Community Day

Last edited:
Years
I think I recall taking part in the last Winter Wonderland randoms and they surely turn tables fast with the Present spam and the endless hail. Can't wait to get back on the server for this!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm currently on break from the server, and I'm hoping to be there even if it's just a short time! I'll be out of town then, sooo yeah <3

Hope to see you guys there!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I think I'll be joining in i cant wait to see the tournaments!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yusss I am def coming!! I've got to work till 7 but I think the majority will be there during the evening anyway.

Years
Yay, let's hope my internet won't go down that day like it did on the last Community Day! Also, those emblems have my name written all over them :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Commday hooray! I'll try my best to make it, but since I'll be going overseas on the 20th, it'll be highly unlikely I'll be able to make it. If I do, see you all there!

Detox

Looks fun. I've never actually attended one of these, so I guess I'll pop in for a bit if I can.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'll be in Italy at the time so I don't think I'll be able to attend. :(

may the best fatty thrower win out of you all <3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
elf is going? okay guess I won't be going then yup.

it's been ages since my last commday.

edit: draw my thing? okie sounds fun #nohomo

Back