• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I'm with Denny, grew up with SSB and the 3DS version is amazing. Online is annoying, though, with all of the lag making me lose constantly and what not. Yeah, the lag...

Years
    I did play some Brawl back in 2008 when that came out, but it's not something I ever really went out of my way for. And yeah i'm still shaky on the whole "broken circle pad" thing Dx

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    If people are breaking the circle pads from smash then they suck at the games and they suck and controlling. I love the 3ds version minus the lag, but it is certainly inferior to the Wii U version.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Nintendo is doing a tailgate at my alma mater at a game I'm going to the weekend after Smash Bros U comes out. I am psyched. :)

Years
    Nintendo is doing a tailgate at my alma mater at a game I'm going to the weekend after Smash Bros U comes out. I am psyched. :)

Very interesting! That sounds like fun, I wish something like that would happen in my area for me to attend. I'll be going to NYC the day after Smash Bros U releases...maybe something will be going on there in Nintendo World?!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Pffft. I have yet to get a Wii U. The problem is, neither one of us really uses the Wii period though. So, it probably wouldn't be worth the money to get the Wii U. I'm the only one in my family who's constantly playing video games. My parents can't really figure them out like I can.

Years
    For that matter, I know that the Wii had people complaining about the graphics that were presented on some TVs. I am curious as to how well the Wii U displays? When I had my Wii it wasn't on a flat-screen though, it was on a TV we had for several years that didn't have the best display. Not that it's something that will likely be contritely defined, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I played Wii on this TV

Spoiler:

and my cousins didn't complain. Even though the graphics kinda sucked but it didn't affect gameplay and whatnot.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Yeah, when I had my Wii the graphics weren't too spectacular on my old, rubbish TV. Assume it'd be the same for the Wii U; no HD input no good graphics. But I upgraded my TV when I moved out so if I buy one, I'm expecting the graphics to at least be high definition.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Yeah but, in older TV's there is no HDMI input, so the HDMI cable the Wii-U comes with would be rendered useless. Which is sucky, because I know not everybody can afford a Plasma/LCD HD TV.

Seriously does anybody here watch The Walking Dead? I've been so obsessed with it recently. It's taking over my entire life.

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Yeah, I was surprised with that myself, as PS3's and stuff don't come with them.

I've read a lot of the series and own season 1 on DVD. After that, I wasn't really bothered with watching a lot of it

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Yeah, I was surprised with that myself, as PS3's and stuff don't come with them.

I've read a lot of the series and own season 1 on DVD. After that, I wasn't really bothered with watching a lot of it

Yeah good point, the only consoles I've bought recently that have came with a HDMI cable have been the PS4 and Xbox One, all next-gen consoles. But, let's say I didn't have a HDTV, the next-gen consoles seemingly don't come with AV cables. So I wouldn't have been able to play it. So I'd have been real upset.

Luckily I have a HDTV. Now, I just need to get me a Wii-U...

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    I guess because they're banking on the fact that no one has an older "deep dish" TV? My mom just got rid of hers less than two months ago because the color finally gave out on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back