• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    My friends all have Wii-U at their first next Gen console. I will say it's fun to sit around and play party games again ^_^

Does it look like it'd be a good time for single player usage? Or not really so much? Because I don't have very many friends that I would invite over to my place to sit in my room and play games with me, really. It'd more or less just be me and the online community, plus family ever so often when I go over and visit/they come over and visit.

Years
    I don't have a PS4, X-Box One or Wii-U yet. In all honesty I feel like they released that generation of consoles too early, before people were really getting to be done with the previous generation. From a business standpoint I get why they did it, but from a gamer/customer standpoint it feels too early to me.

I will eventually move on to the PS4 I guess though, I'm not in any rush though since I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything.

I don't have a PS4, X-Box One or Wii-U yet. In all honesty I feel like they released that generation of consoles too early, before people were really getting to be done with the previous generation. From a business standpoint I get why they did it, but from a gamer/customer standpoint it feels too early to me.

I will eventually move on to the PS4 I guess though, I'm not in any rush though since I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I think this might just be the way your mind works, not the cycle actually being faster. N64 to Gamecube was roughly 5 years, to Wii was another 5, then to Wii U was 6. Similarly, PS1 to PS2 was 6 years, to PS3 was another 6 and then to PS4 was 7-8. Xbox to 360 was 4 years and then another 7-8 to the One.

There hasn't been any speeding up of console releases - it's not even like the handhelds where Nintendo releases a new "kind" of console every year because new consoles are relatively rare, mostly they just change internal storage capacity. It may feel faster, but I don't think they should slow down every console generation to make it feel like normal, haha.

Years
    It probably is just me, it just seems to me that people aren't really done with the older generation yet haha. Or perhaps I'm just projecting my own thoughts onto to people when it seems to fit.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    I could've easily waited a year or two longer for the Xbox One/PS4 to come out. 360 was brilliant and so was PS3. A new Wii console needed to be released, though, that thing was roadkill.

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Does it look like it'd be a good time for single player usage? Or not really so much? Because I don't have very many friends that I would invite over to my place to sit in my room and play games with me, really. It'd more or less just be me and the online community, plus family ever so often when I go over and visit/they come over and visit.

Oh, yes! The mario/zelda/DK titles are more or less single player based. It's a good console for puttering around by yourself for casual gaming

Years
    I have considered getting a Wii U, but I don't really know what games i'd get for it other than the basics like Mario and SSBB.

And Nintendo has released a lot of (3)DS variants in the past years, so i'm curious as to if the New 3DS will be any different.

TY

I will buy none of the "next gen consoles" and instead save up to buy a hell of a beefy PC. Consoles suck when trying to play RTS games ;)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have considered getting a Wii U, but I don't really know what games i'd get for it other than the basics like Mario and SSBB.

And Nintendo has released a lot of (3)DS variants in the past years, so i'm curious as to if the New 3DS will be any different.

Pikmin, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, Splatoon when it comes out, Hyrule Warriors. I've heard ZombiU is good too.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    I'd love to play stuff like that, but I don't think my chromebook is up to that challenge. I did used to have the Pokemon emulators on my old android phone, though

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I managed to get a GBA emulator on my iPhone4. I have no idea how I managed because I can't seem to do it on my iPhone 5s without being freaked out by all the implications of illegal..ity.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I managed to get a GBA emulator on my iPhone4. I have no idea how I managed because I can't seem to do it on my iPhone 5s without being freaked out by all the implications of illegal..ity.

I'm not fond of the iPhone line for that reason...it's a lot easier in my opinion to get emulators on a Samsung Galaxy...I mean, I downloaded about 6 emulators on my mum's Galaxy 3, from the NES to the DS. Only the DS one's somewhat slow, but the rest run beautifully. They also downloaded without any problems regarding legal issues.

I sound like I'm advertising for the Galaxy :I

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Not interested in SSB for some reason. My reaction was just meh, even for the Sony variant (Battle Royale? Forgot the name).

I guess I'm here only for the main series..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back