• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Might be off topic, but just thought I'd let all of PC know while it's still fresh; I cut through my calf muscle at work today. D:

Loooots of stitches in the muscle, which sucks because although my leg was numb the tugging sensation on my exposed calf muscle was quite unpleasant. Lots of stitches on the outside of the skin, too. They recommended having 2 weeks off work, but my boss is only giving me the rest of the week off paid, the rest of the time would probably be unpaid AND I'd probably get fired.

Rough day. :(

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Might be off topic, but just thought I'd let all of PC know while it's still fresh; I cut through my calf muscle at work today. D:

Loooots of stitches in the muscle, which sucks because although my leg was numb the tugging sensation on my exposed calf muscle was quite unpleasant. Lots of stitches on the outside of the skin, too. They recommended having 2 weeks off work, but my boss is only giving me the rest of the week off paid, the rest of the time would probably be unpaid AND I'd probably get fired.

Rough day. :(

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Woah, that's crazy. I hope you feel better, and don't get fired. If it happened at work, can't you get workman's comp?

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Thanks, Silver. It feels a bit worse today, but they stitched me up good and gave me some painkillers so hopefully everything will be alright by tomorrow!

I could get worker's comp, yeah, but I wasn't wearing steel-toe boots (not that it would've protected my leg, anyway) so I'm not covered by said worker's comp. :(

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    That really sucks. D: Have you tried getting a note from your doctor saying you NEED the time off he has ordered you? It seems that your boss is a little insensitive towards your recovery.

I'm definitely going to get a note when I go back; I have to call and book an appointment for an x-ray which I really should've done yesterday but I procrastinated. So yeah when I go back to the doctors I'll definitely have him write a note out.

It'll really suck if I get fired/don't get paid time off though, because I'm probably going to be sidelined with this injury for up to 6 week; apparently I did some real bad damage. I got this week off work, and it's paid time off too, but the paid time off that I was given finishes tomorrow, so all of next week won't be paid for, nor will the coming weeks. It's not like I meant to injure myself, and I really need the money for phone bills, rent, etc.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    I'm definitely going to get a note when I go back; I have to call and book an appointment for an x-ray which I really should've done yesterday but I procrastinated. So yeah when I go back to the doctors I'll definitely have him write a note out.

It'll really suck if I get fired/don't get paid time off though, because I'm probably going to be sidelined with this injury for up to 6 week; apparently I did some real bad damage. I got this week off work, and it's paid time off too, but the paid time off that I was given finishes tomorrow, so all of next week won't be paid for, nor will the coming weeks. It's not like I meant to injure myself, and I really need the money for phone bills, rent, etc.

Have you talked to Human Resources? Maybe they can help in aiding you with your boss' garbage?

This is an actual medical concern, and your boss really needs to step up. =/

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    With this topic aside...

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I mean, it'll be coming up before we know it. I'm probably going to watch Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, which I have watched since I was a child. :3

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    With this topic aside...

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? I mean, it'll be coming up before we know it. I'm probably going to watch Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, which I have watched since I was a child. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not American so I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in any way :p

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
    Have you talked to Human Resources? Maybe they can help in aiding you with your boss' garbage?

This is an actual medical concern, and your boss really needs to step up. =/

I spoke to my boss today and got him to come around to my place. He looked at my leg, my crutches and the like and just said forward onto him all of my medical expenses and he'll cover it. And I've got paid time off until it heals, which is good. I just told him I need it, or I'll have to go to WorkCover and nobody wants that. Blackmail ftw.

With this topic aside...

I'm not American so I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in any way :p

I'm with Adventure; Thanksgiving isn't really celebrated in Australia. I wish it was though, just so I could eat amazing food and hang out with all of my family. Shame, really, that I'll probably just be hanging out at home doing my normal, day-to-day thing.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

Everything in my wake shall be devoured. On the day of feasting, the hunger of the beast shall not be quelled until the sun sets, and the darkness once again calls the beast.

I mean, uh, I'mma eat A LOT! :D Especially stuffing! I LOVE stuffing. <3 And, the turkey that's served is delicious... it gives me... the hunger.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I still haven't planned on what I wanted to eat, although I do require turkey and pumpkin pie...with whipped cream!~

probs gonna stay home, because there is a probability I might work.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I might be working thanksgiving night, in which case I'll just be hanging out with friends since family lives 4 hours away and that's just too much effort to see people I don't really care for for like an hour or two.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Well, thanksgiving traditions have changed over the recent years. Instead of actually staying home with family eating turkey and delicious food, we go black friday shopping. Crazy stuff. :s

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back