• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    So plenty of people are happy about the news of these remakes, and plenty of people...are not. Considering I've already seen quite a few complaints here about these remakes - for all those people, here you go, a place for you to vent amid all the speculation threads.

Remember, though - keep things civil. Feel free to say what bugs you about these games, whether it's the games themselves or certain features or whatever, but keep the thread flame-free.

(And as a notice: please, if you disagree with anything said in this thread, don't report it just because you don't agree.)

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    ........you guys can make (and sticky) complaint threads? Wow, why didn't I find this place sooner? On-topic, as i've said before, I do not like the new female design as it just...eck. Giant hat and Mario's wardrobe being raided, doesn't look "trendy" as most have claimed. Just looks almost as goofy as Lucas's platinum clothing...if he needed to do worse than to prove how fashionably challenged he is beyond his beret. Other than that, if Honey trees are back, add that to th list.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    … I can't believe that there is one. Is the complaints for HG/SS that bad?

So, what's going to happen to all the complaint threads now?

Years
    First, Dungeon gets a sequel. Then Ranger gets a sequel. Now Dungeon's getting another sequel. To top it all off, G/S are being remade. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE TROZEI 2!!!

Also, new female. Don't like.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Hopefully not.
    Pokémon Stadium could use a Wiiquel.
    POKEMON STADIUM 3!

Ontopic:
    I have no complaints as of yet. :D!

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I would have much rather seen Gold and Kris make a comeback. They had fantastic clothes, as well as basic design.

I MISS KRIS!!!!!!

that is all.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    This is a foolish thread.

You're just inviting people to bash opinions and start flamewars.

Jake, is that you?

Anyway, I'm not COMPLETELY happy with the female's design, it could of been a lot worse (like Lucas from DPPt). Also, I hope the name's are changed when released in English.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Watch when this thread equals the HG/SS Speculation Thread in terms of posts and views, at this rate... *sighs* :P

On-Topic: Absolutely NO complaints yet! And I hope I don't have any in the future! :)

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    My only complaint is that my Gold game was stolen before I even got to Kanto so I can't properly compare them =)

Seriously, there's only a few scans. What's there to complain about so far?

Though I will miss the pathetically horrid graphics (by today's standards) of the original GSC. Of course they have to remakes those though.

Years
    My only complaint is the lack of Kris/Marina. It's like they're pretending Crystal version never existed. Kind of a continuity lapse, and I preferred Kris's design to this rather plain looking new trainer.

Also, the starter following you around is something I never really cared for, but it's not bothersome, and enough people requested it, so whatever.

Other than that, I love you, GF! Keep up the good work! :D

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
    My only complaint is the lack of Kris/Marina. It's like they're pretending Crystal version never existed. Kind of a continuity lapse, and I preferred Kris's design to this rather plain looking new trainer.

Also, the starter following you around is something I never really cared for, but it's not bothersome, and enough people requested it, so whatever.

yea that is my one dislike on it all. But then who knows, maybe they'll remake crystal too. I know they didn't remake yellow but yellow had like no story differences. crystal did have some abeit few. and since it's on ds who knows.

I am looking forward to these games though :] will save complaints for when alot more info is out and i actually play it.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012

Well, I read somewhere that Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum, all those 3rd games, aren't considered "canon" in the pokemon continuity.

Maybe?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    So far, the only turn off is the replacement of Crystal by this not-so-cute new girl. Some people like her appearance, but I'm too used to my beloved Crystal.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Meh. Kris has been replaced by...this farmgirl who is Mario-esque.(I'm a Mario fan) I'm not EXTREMELEY happy about that, but at least there is nothing else to complain about. =-]

Years
    Well, I read somewhere that Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum, all those 3rd games, aren't considered "canon" in the pokemon continuity.

Maybe?
    I'll agree with Yellow, but at least for Emerald and Platinum, they seem to expand on the established plotlines involving the evil teams and the legendaries. If anything, the third partner games are more canon than the first two.

Crystal is kind of up in the air. While certainly you can argue that it's not canon, it did bring in several key innovations seen in the later games, including the Battle Tower and the first playable female trainer.

Since Kris was the first playable female, introducing the feature, it seems only fair, as a nod to her significance, to make her the female trainer in HG/SS. It's also the only consistent choice.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I don't hate the new female just her hat. WHY DOES SHE NEED A HAT THATS BIGGER THAN HER HEAD?!? ITS STUPID!!!! that is the only thing bad about this game and it is going to stay that way we are all morons for complaining anyway at least Nintendo is being nice enough to remake g/s

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    There seems to be a concensus of opinion, here; why the hell is there a new female Trainer? Replacing Krystal makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, whatever; maybe she's still in the game somewhere.........still wouldn't make sense.

Back