• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Can't you just be happy that Nintendo listened to us, and we're getting a remake? Although it's mostly for the money, if not all. :P
    Seriously though, whats done is done, if we get a crystal remake, and we're not, the female character won't be changed. Change is good.

I have no complaints, other than the release date for Europe is always last.

Years
    I'm happy about the remakes. I appreciate the fact that they are even giving us them. We've all wanted remakes for years. Thank you, everyone at Nintendo for making me happy by providing all these Pokemon games. :) (I was being sarcastic in my previous post about the letters. If you want I can edit my post to make it say "sarcastic comment.")

Years
    I don't have a complaint with the games. I do have a complaint though with the fandom. Seriously. Its just a new character.

Wow...you're annoyed that not everyone's blindly in love with the new game? You're right--everyone should just agree with you on everything and worship the new games. :-/

I think this thread is a good idea...my own issues with the games (or what's been revealed so far) have been stated in various other threads, and I see no reason to restate them here--after all, they are mostly minor complaints that will not stop me from enjoying the game when it's released. What I am tired of is people getting angry with other people for holding different opinions on the changes that have been made. It's a discussion forum, people, and not all of us are gonna think the same way. :-/

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Wow...you're annoyed that not everyone's blindly in love with the new game? You're right--everyone should just agree with you on everything and worship the new games. :-/

I think this thread is a good idea...my own issues with the games (or what's been revealed so far) have been stated in various other threads, and I see no reason to restate them here--after all, they are mostly minor complaints that will not stop me from enjoying the game when it's released. What I am tired of is people getting angry with other people for holding different opinions on the changes that have been made. It's a discussion forum, people, and not all of us are gonna think the same way. :-/

Thats what I kinda like about Cave of Dragonflies at the moment. No one is getting pissy at people for opinions....so far :P

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I hate the new girl, Kris was generation 2's female, she should be back... Off course, Kris could of just died her hair... You never know... (And aqquired a terrible fashion sense.)

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I dont have a Complain.
    Seriously whats wrong with Replacing Kris?
    Actully what i dont like about the gane is Chikorita's OW sprite(It looks like a Gulpin) But i can get used to it.

You do know that was an early engine, Chikorita's OW sprite wont look like that.

She probably took a trip to Sinnoh and met Lucas

It would explain her fashion sense... *Burns hat, puts the lass clothes from GSC on her (White top, blue skirt) and dies hair blue)

Last edited:
    Years
    Am I the only one who does not like the new Gold art? I have no problem with the girl, it's Gold who looks ugly. They should of kept the Gold color in his shorts... And he is too tall, and skinny.

Last edited:
    Years
    what is there to complain about though......a couple of screen shots? last time i checked, we know pretty close to noting about these remakes.

Years
    Am I the only one who does not like the new Gold art? I have no problem with the girl, it's Gold who looks ugly. They should of kept the Gold color in his shorts... And he is too tall, and skinny.

I agree with you to an extent. I prefer the old Gold artwork (at the very least because this one looks like a Lucas clone in different clothes, not to mention the goofy expression on his face), but I don't hate it. I never really paid much attention to the sprites anyway, so it's not a big deal for me.

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years

i agree, he looks to "happy" the old gold was "cool"....

anyway atleast theyre not replacing him with someone who looks like they got dressed half asleep...

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I don't have that much to complain about. We finally are getting out GSC remake. \m/But, anyways, I'd rather have Kris than the new European-esque girl. I know everyone is saying this, and it sounds generic, but Kris was Gen 2's heroine, and it should stay that way. At least she didn't look like she raided Mario's wardrode. D=Also, I hope the graphics don't look so close to D/P as they do right now, and it's just an early engine. The trees are basically the same, with points at the top, etc. The grass pallette is darker though, which is good, better than neon, like D/P, but the textures look pretty much the same. The houses in New Bark look exactly the same, just with different shaped roofs. Also, the same red mailboxes. Like I said, I hope the engine changes with time to actually look somewhat new. FRLG didn't have the RS trees with pointed tops, so why should this?I like what they've done to the maps, from what I've seen so far. They're a lot more spacious and realistic, which is good. The original maps were kind of cramped at times, and empty where they didnt need to necesssarily be. Basically, all the new features I've seen so far and everything else I am fine with, besides Kris not being in and the tiles.[rant]Why would almost the same tiles from the last gen be in!!!!!??????? Change the tiles!!! OMFG.[/rant]

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Erm....i dont think the remake will be smashing for the people of PC and the internet.

Why?It is done already.Shiny Gold.

Yeah,maybe there are some new features.OK.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    If you can say the JA word, tell me please.

Hey, listen. Shiny Gold is not even licensed by Nintendo, it's not trademarked, it's not legal as a cartridge and it is not for the DS with drastically improved graphics. I still have it on my Wii.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    What I find is kind of intersting is that most of the guys are complaining that they replaced Kris when they're going to play as Gold. Infact, they haven't shown the OW or any other in game sprites of the new heroine. For me my complaint is more of a concern, but how are they going to work out the new set of tms and hms. For example, Flash is no longer an hm and I don't know how they'll input Defog and Rock Climb. Maybe caves will have fog instead of being all dark.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, I know the scan date is outdated by 1 day. Also, I wanted to play as Crys.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    What I find is kind of intersting is that most of the guys are complaining that they replaced Kris when they're going to play as Gold. Infact, they haven't shown the OW or any other in game sprites of the new heroine.
    Well we've got concerns over whether or not we will have a support character with a crappy fashion sense for one thing. Another is having to go on wi-fi and dealing with badly dressed female opponents.
    For me my complaint is more of a concern, but how are they going to work out the new set of tms and hms. For example, Flash is no longer an hm and I don't know how they'll input Defog and Rock Climb. Maybe caves will have fog instead of being all dark.
    Defog should gtfo. srsly

d[-_-]b

HAH! You better have BURN HEAL
    Years
    evolution is gonna be a problem
    hope they level up kanto a bit
    i hope the will be battle facilities around kanto
    MORE TEAM ROCKET
    DO NOT mess up team rocket music

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    None yet. I'm surprised by at all the bashing for this new trainer, sure Crystal will be missed, but the new one is cuter.

Oh wait, there is one, Gold looks a lot like a younger version of the Scout from Team Fortress 2.

Back