• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    I agree about the mario thing, but maybe Kris appears as a rival, now?
    Hey, it could be possible?

Years
    The reason why I've been getting so upset, is because I'm looking forward to this game and after seeing so much hate for the new girl, it's like a killjoy. You're all making me rethink the whole game itself.

I know Kris wasn't in the original GS, but it would have been nice to see her in the remake. She was a cool character and I liked her sprite better than the artwork. However, after comparing carefully, I still like the new girl better. I don't mind that the hat is a little big as long as looks nothing like Lucas'. [I've even made a very adorable GS revamped sprite of the new girl and a revamp of the old Kris sprite, and I still like the new girl's look better.]

I don't mind little changes here and there as long as they don't ruin the music. (The original wild pokemon battle was annoying, though, I don't care if they fix it.) If they mess up the rival's theme or Lance/Red's theme, I'll be upset. Also, I would be upset if they drastically change the ending theme, or mess up the intro.

As for a complaint: I don't like the Pikachu-colored Pichu in the screenshot. I don't find it cute at all. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Last edited:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Mario is a pimp
    Even the new girl wants a piece of him 8O

Flattery always works ;]

my main complaint is the having to wait D; i hate waiting for a new game >:[
    lmfao x]

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually have a complain this time. It is about the game corner and how it may not be able to be part of the Euro version of the remakes. I mean, yes Nintendo and GameFreak must follow the law, but it still really isn't that fair to the European countries. I'm hoping that if this is so, then GameFreak for their next generation will replace the Game Corner with a new concept [like GLL said once, an arcade perhaps] that all countries can enjoy and still pass all law restrictions. This is the only thing that is upsetting, and even though I live in America, I still cannot help but think how unfair it is for other Pokéfans, especially those who have waited a long time for these games to finally be remade.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    They shoud change it to a Arcade or something. :\ I mean, maybe have little mini-games and stuff? It is kinda unfair having to just find coins like in Platinum. :( (Sorry for sorta going off-topic. :\)

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    In my opinion, this will be a decent Pokemon game, but it will honestly lick ass compared to the originals. They're adding WAY TOO MUCH CRAP that was added in 4th gen, and that massive crap I had hoped would have been gone from these remakes since they are just remakes of the classics, right?

But no.

They've brought back the ugly ass puke green sickening grass colour, when they should be using the G/S autumn coloured grass. The Rival literally looks homosexual and like a girl wearing a skin tight leather outfit, and his retarded haircut and expression make him look like a sissy nancy. GO BACK TO THE OLD RIVAL LOOK.

As said directly from Nintendo, the "gender that you don't pick will play a role in aiding you in the storyline," which has to be the stupidest thing ever. I hated Dawn (or Lucas, if you chose the girl) when she ran up to me, I wanted to punch her square in the face.

As many of you say things like "what, do you want an 8-bit exact 100% remake"? No you Nintendo fangirls.

The storyline and the way events are played out should remain 100% the exact same as in Gold and Silver. The only changes that should be made are:

1. Updated 4th gen graphics (except for that god-awful grass)

2. 4th gen moves

3. Convenient things in 4th gen (like the easy way of checking your Pokemon's stats, attacks, etc.)

4. Music tracks remixed, (although they'll never touch the originals, the new remixes will still be loved :D)

That's all that should be changed. Nothing bloody else. Which means no stupid retarded menu on the touch screen; which is by far the most f**cked up move Nintendo has ever made in their career.

I must ask, Nintendo, what the f**cking hell is your thought process?

Not saying this game is horrible, but if it were in comparison to the classic G/S, then yes, it would be a massive pile of watery hippopotamus diarrhea. If I can somehow force myself to pretend I'm not playing a Gold Silver remake, and rather just a new Pokemon game, I think I'll find enjoyment.

Bottom line: It's too late for this game to get its ass saved, they've gone down the wrong road, because Nintendo lacks brain cells. I'm aware a bunch of fanboys will jump at me now. Give it 10 minutes tops.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nintendo has no part in the game at all except for publishing. Gamefreak does all the choices for the games and if they wanted to add some optional non story or plotwise sidequest then it is up to them to do so. As for character design you dissed silver. I have no words for that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    I swear. -_____-"
    They better not allow the 4th gen
    to be traded in Gold&Silver.
    The 4th gen was not great. =|
    They Just shoved so much crap into that game.

& the release date is.. @____@; so far away.... <//3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I swear. -_____-"
    They better not allow the 4th gen
    to be traded in Gold&Silver.
    The 4th gen was not great. =|
    They Just shoved so much crap into that game.

& the release date is.. @____@; so far away.... <//3

I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is pretty obvious that they'll allow such thing. For one, it is kind of forseen as they are both considered 4th Gen games. Not to mention, to access teh Notch Eared Pichu event in HeartGold and SoulSilver, you need to trade over the Pikachu-Colored Pichu from DPPt over into the remakes.

With the new scans given, apparently they have a certain event with the movie Arceus if traded over into the remakes of Gold and Silver as well. Wishing for them to not allow trade between these two games isn't the best as it is known something like this will be allowed access to do. For one, it is the way Pokémon makes money. Two, if you look back at when they remade RBGY into FRLG we had trade compatability with RSE.

As for the release date, it isn't known, but yeah Fall of 2009 in Japan is a pretty shy way from now. I'd occupy yourself with something to do to let time pass by though [something I did while waiting for the relase of Platinum in the US].

With the new scans given however, including the mention of Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, I don't have much to complain about that. It makes sense to do seeing as the DS are beomcing more independent from the GBA cartridges now.

Years
    Believe it or not, even though I'm not a fan of Hoenn, I'm actually happy I can get the Hoenn legendaries in this game. (It makes up for letting someone else keep my Sapphire and Firered.)

As for the Diamond, Pearl, Platinum legends for being in there, I kind of like that idea. For example, say you only got Diamond, you can get Palkia or something.

Something I will complain about (to say on topic), I'm not too crazy about...that Pokewalker, sure it takes the idea of Pocket Monster to a new level, however, I don't like how they used the dp version of Pikachu. (Platinum's is better.) Also, I kind of wish it was in color, but hey, it's not that big a deal.

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
    Here a few complaints I have thought up...

-The lack of the female trainer from the Crystal Version, Kris, sort of disturbs me. . . (Is THAT a tomato on top of HG/SS's female trainer's head????)

- Hoenn is most likely not to be explored after Elite 4; only Kanto

- Jirachi is perhaps not a part of the whole "Go to White Rock to Catch Me" trend as this only pertains to Shaymin, I think. . .

- Extreme Speed Dratini and other 'Special Move' Pokemon

- Euisene (Perhaps. . . One weird trainer for each Legendary Beast?)

- Shiny Pokemon's stats being better than normal, albeit, Red Gyarados being a prime example?

It all just baffles me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Here a few complaints I have thought up...

-The lack of the female trainer from the Crystal Version, Kris, sort of disturbs me. . . (Is THAT a tomato on top of HG/SS's female trainer's head????)

- Hoenn is most likely not to be explored after Elite 4; only Kanto
    I'd think this is something that should kinda be expected, really - makes little sense for them to go as far as three regions, and it is a GS remake, after all, which did not have Hoenn.
    - Jirachi is perhaps not a part of the whole "Go to White Rock to Catch Me" trend as this only pertains to Shaymin, I think. . .
    Not really - nobody really knows if Jirachi will actually have anything to do with a possible white rock or not. Maybe not, but it's a bit too early to tell.
    - Extreme Speed Dratini and other 'Special Move' Pokemon
    I assume you're complaining that these Pokemon will only be available in HG/SS, if they do occur?
    - Shiny Pokemon's stats being better than normal, albeit, Red Gyarados being a prime example?
    Not so, actually - in GSC, shiny Pokemon did have higher-than-average IVs/stats than others, but this is due to the game mechanics and IV system used in the 1st/2nd generation games. Ever since R/S/E this has not been the case anymore, and as HG/SS will run on the same game mechanics as the 3rd/4th gen games, shiny Pokemon will not be stronger than any other Pokemon here. So one may get a strong Red Gyarados, or a weak one, really.
    the fact that we probably wont be to use pokemon ranch with it
    Depends if they give an update, really - Japan already has an update for Platinum with Ranch, but we're still waiting for it. I suppose it'll be easier to guess whether or not HG/SS will work with Ranch when we get that Platinum update, or not...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Not what I meant. They should be included, but more Pokemon than just the Extremespeed Dratini.
    I see then - was unsure. Well, that will have to wait, really - but there's a chance, for instance, that the bring back the Odd Egg (Crystal-only), or something similar to it. Maybe the latter would be more beneficial for people though, as Dizzy Punch ain't the greatest move.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    With the new scans given however, including the mention of Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza, I don't have much to complain about that. It makes sense to do seeing as the DS are beomcing more independent from the GBA cartridges now.

Which is good with the release of the DSi (stupid no gba cartriges)

I am personally BEGGING TO GOD TO NOT SEE 4th GENERATION POKEMON IN MANY ROUTES. Particularly Bidoof *shudders*, it will absoloutely ruin the good old Johto feel I got back in the day.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I am personally BEGGING TO GOD TO NOT SEE 4th GENERATION POKEMON IN MANY ROUTES. Particularly Bidoof *shudders*, it will absoloutely ruin the good old Johto feel I got back in the day.
    Well, you may be in luck for the new scans seem to *suggest* that there is another Nat. Dex in order, and the previous one will be absent of non- 1st and 2nd generation Pokemon.

Back