• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Why oh why did they decide for a new female hero! Soul's fine, but seriously, she looks like she raided Mario's and Peach's wardrobe!

Another complaint is the time it'll take to get to Australia. Also the events. They'll have them in USA, they'll forget the country that made Ugg Boots possible for them!

Years
    Soul looks more like that girl with the braids from wifi plaza except with a red shirt instead. I'm guessing the hat is white to represent Silver whereas Gold's hat is for Gold version.

Something that could be considered a complaint. Not being able to get the Pikachu-colored Pichu or Arceus. Is there any way to get these? If it's only the Japanese, then that's pretty unfair. I would like to have access to the Notched Ear Pichu. (If I don't though, it's no loss, seeing as how it can't evolve. :()

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    i don't like the look of Johto from the map on the PokeGear. it looks, ugh...

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I was 3 years old when gold and silver came out so by the time I got my GBA the gs games were pretty old, but I played silver a few times and know enough to say--- Mario is most likely having a fit because his clothes have gone missing.
    I am not saying the new girl is bad I am just saying her wardrobe is...
    another complaint is- What happened to gold's shorts? these new black ones are OK, but I think that the yellow and gray ones are better.
    One thing is- I will sooo be picking the male trainer over the -hatisbiggerthanhead- designed female trainer

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hate "Miss Mario" too but im beginning to get use to her presence.
    Im also bothered that Gizamimi Pichu will not be tradable.

Years
    There seems to be a concensus of opinion, here; why the hell is there a new female Trainer? Replacing Krystal makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, whatever; maybe she's still in the game somewhere.........still wouldn't make sense.
    Well nintendo had some sort of copyright on her and if gamefreak used it again... well to put it simply there would be no HG/SS

atre05

^SPRITER^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    On-topic, as i've said before, I do not like the new female design as it just...eck.

Agreed. I think they should have revamped Crystal (Crys) just as they did with Gold and Silver. The new design has nothing to do with the Crys we (everyone who has ever played Pokemon CrystaL) all know. Actually I made some revamps of Crys. Please PM me if you want them!

Napalm

Careful! That Stuff Burns!
    Years
    Don't really have any complaints about the gameplay so far... However, I think they should of worked on this project WAY before 2009/2010. Consider this, Leaf Green and Fire Red were made before Emerald. But HG/SS are being made after Platinum... Just a thought

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    i have 1 big complaint

why didn't they do this sooner

that is all

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I don't have any problem with the fact that it wasn't made sooner. Just because stuff hasn't been coming out until this year doesn't mean that it hasn't been in development for a long time. They've obviously been planning on it for awhile, since there's data in even the earliest versions of DP that say a Pokemon is "from Johto" and its homegame can be Gold or Silver. That's not even counting all of the hints even as early as gen 3 in FrLg with all the Johto references and FrLg's story references to the GSC story, and then even more in DPPt.

I'd much rather have a game that takes a long time to develop and is awesome than a crappy game that's cranked out quickly.

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    I love how you can have a pokemon follow you around (I've been waiting for this feature to show-up for a VERY long time!) but I hate that the main playable characters have changed, especially my favorite Marina.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Why was Kris replaced? I was originally told it was because these were G/S remakes and not Crystal remakes BUT then I heard Eusine and all that other stuff from Crystal is being included so I no longer accept the "these aren't Crystal remakes" logic.

Finnel

Years
    Well nintendo had some sort of copyright on her and if gamefreak used it again... well to put it simply there would be no HG/SS
    Yeah, no. Sorry, but that's one of the most retarded things I've heard. With the same logic Gamefreak shouldn't be allowed to put Pikachu in any of the games 'cause it's copyrighted by Nintendo as well.

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    My complain is that HeartGold symbol doesn't look as cool as SoulSilver's symbol

Last edited:

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Yeah, no. Sorry, but that's one of the most retarded things I've heard. With the same logic Gamefreak shouldn't be allowed to put Pikachu in any of the games 'cause it's copyrighted by Nintendo as well.

Epic win here, touche. !

Back