• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    I don't know if this has been said, but I'm pretty sure that I found a typo.

After taking a picture with Chuck on Route 47, he says something along the lines of "This wil be a good memory too!"

I'm complaining about how translators failed to spell "will"...

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    HG/SS are such awesome, awesome games! :) But......
    The things I don't like in HG/SS would be:

- Rematching: I don't want to wait about a FEW DAYS, just to rematch a trainer and getting Gym Leader's numbers and arranging rematches is sometimes impossible since I have school.

- Daily/Weekly Events: Well sometimes, I don't like this. You have to wait several days to actually do something. And that day, I don't have the time to do it. :( But it makes the game more realistic though.

-Random Phone Calls : Some of the stories you get from trainers are just purely uninteresting. I don't really care if you catch a Rattata.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Compare/Contrast Maps from Old/New

Ok so I'm not a huge complainer or anything, but i do not like the new Map layouts in HG/SS. I liked the Old ones, Espacially "Violet City" becase that was the "HUB" for catching the dogs in a decent manner, but thats just me. What are some of your thoughts on the Map changes?

(Also, I have noticed some big grammer mistakes, it makes me feel like they didn't spend a quality amout of time on the translation)

Years
    Ok so I'm not a huge complainer or anything, but i do not like the new Map layouts in HG/SS. I liked the Old ones, Espacially "Violet City" becase that was the "HUB" for catching the dogs in a decent manner, but thats just me. What are some of your thoughts on the Map changes?

(Also, I have noticed some big grammer mistakes, it makes me feel like they didn't spend a quality amout of time on the translation)

Are you referring to the grammar mistakes of the thief at Celadon city? If so, his grammar is deliberately that way, as he is described as being a foreigner.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    There are no grammar mistakes in the French version as far as I can see lol they even have the Parisian and Quebecois accent in some spots. It's really nifty. It's odd that the French version is translated better than the English, though.

As for the lay-out, is it not the same? Or has it been so long that I can't remember the old versions of cities and routes :s?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged with the complaints thread as it's a complaint. =P

And maybe offer some examples of the grammar mistakes if that's what you mean so thre can be some more constructive discussion on it, I suggest. And yeah... not sure how the new maps in Johto have changed much from GSC..unless you mean the gate added it? =/

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Are you referring to the grammar mistakes of the thief at Celadon city? If so, his grammar is deliberately that way, as he is described as being a foreigner.
    No I'm Referring to "Slowking looks about to be fall over" and "Do you have a Bellsprout? Do you want to trade to it for my Onyx?

Merged with the complaints thread as it's a complaint. =P

And maybe offer some examples of the grammar mistakes if that's what you mean so thre can be some more constructive discussion on it, I suggest. And yeah... not sure how the new maps in Johto have changed much from GSC..unless you mean the gate added it? =/
    and ty very much Sir. Wasnt aware there was a complaints thread

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Ew. It says "trade to it"? That is bad.

Also, I have a complaint about the phone.

1) You can't erase numbers
    and
    2) When you change maps or walk into a building, it stops ringing! I've missed many calls because of this :s

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Didn't the guy that you call the poliwag bro always have a poliwrath?

The game corner is gone so they don't have to waste money editing games to fit the laws of different countries. it's cheaper to take it out all together

Celadon mansion was always a condominium, you didn't notice all the different people living in different sections? they just renamed it to be more fitting.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Merged your thread on multiple complaints with the Complaints thread here. Though, The Fame Monster pretty much covered the basic reasons on why things were altered a bit from the originals.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I dont mind pointless calls. sometimes they are funny. But i dont like the repeat of them. Joey has called me 100 times in the past 200 hours saying the exact same thing about how his Rattata is no normal Rattata.

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
    I am angry about the incredibly low levels of the post-story play. At the very top of Mt. Silver you can fight level 50's. It's REALLY hard to level up your pokemon from fighting wild pokemon in this game. I also don't like how many legendaries there are. They seem to be more common than some non-legendary pokemon. Overall though, the remakes of Johto are good.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    The music, I HATE the remixes! They`re horrible. They sound nothing like the original and don`t even give the same feeling! That`s why getting the GB Sounds made so very happy. ^_^

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    so far the only thing for me, they shoulda added an option to delete the numbers of random trainers! the important people can stay, but how many people wish they could delete Joey?

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
    So, it isn't an exact remake of G/S.

After I saw a pokémon I didn't recognize it kind of ruined the game for me. I only went with pokémon from the first 2 generations and after those I pretty much stopped. G/S didn't have any of these pokemon before, but then again, I guess FR/LG had some additions in the game as well. Was anyone else a little nerve-racked about this?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Most people on here have been a fan from the 1st Generation and still are like myself or have become fans of the franchise since 3rd and 4th Generation so most people are fine with the new Pokemon and include them in their teams. I'm kinda glad they're in there as some of my favorite Pokemon are from the 4th Gen as well as 1st and 2nd

Years
    I didn't mind it. Once I thought about it for a bit, it made sense- there are trainers all over the world, and many of them have been to several different regions, so it makes sense to find the occasional trainer with a 3rd or 4th gen Pokemon or two in their team.

Although it did freak me out a bit when I ran into a level 35 Wurmple in the Bug Catching contest...O_o

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I actually expected 3rd and 4th gen pokemon to be in the game so I wasn't very surprised. I know what you mean that pretty much after G/S/C the games sort of seem like crap but you get used to it. I've grown fond of some of these newer ones.

Back