• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Why do people even care about what new girl looks like
    Kris really doesn't count as the female charcter for G/S
    So stop whining before I send prinnies to your house

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    One PC member thought the Red Gyarados was uncathable due to it being shiny. Same with a Ho-oh. Also, my complaint is on all of you! Shut up about it and suck up the bad parts of it, I hated Kris all the time, except her texture colours. I glitched up my retail game to play as the blue boy. (Crystal)
    If you hate everyone complaining, then why are you even reading this topic?

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    I know... why do people reat the complaining topic if they hate peoples complaining lol? Also, I don't even care if the starter doesn't evolve, because in all of my games I keep it from evolving anyway because the cuteness would dissapear -.- So if the startes can't evolve it saves me feom having to press the B button every time they advance a level (which is kinda annoying)

Years
    The fake names Dawn Gold and Dusk Sliver sounded better.

I think that since this is a spin-off it will be my last game.

They should change the world around like TP and add different puzzles so it would make it harder then. :) Challenge is my middle name(actually i hate challenges)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think Heart Gold is a cool name. I mean the way they made the heart to match Ho-oh's wing was pretty cool.

I find that Gold's yellow stripe on the hat was really shown up a bit too much. I'll get used to it though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The fake names Dawn Gold and Dusk Sliver sounded better.

I think that since this is a spin-off it will be my last game.

They should change the world around like TP and add different puzzles so it would make it harder then. Challenge is my middle name(actually i hate challenges)
    A spin-off game? Hardly. Something like MD, or Ranger, or even Colosseum (although less so than the others) would be 'spin-off', but HG/SS is merely a remake of another game - otherwise it will still be just like the other games Game Freak has made - part of the main, core handheld series. Not a spin-off by any means (and for people who haven't played GSC, it's an entirely new game for them, just like D/P/Pt).

Names... well, personally I'm not one that cares much on what the names are, really. It doesn't affect the gameplay at any rate, and Soul Silver ain't so bad either, IMO. I'd admit it sounds better than Heat Gold to me though, but meh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Were honey trees announced at all?
    Not yet, I don't believe. There does appear to be an absence of Headbutt trees in certain places where they appeared though (i.e. Ilex forest)... but one will have to wait and see.

And heck, there's nothing all that grand about Pokemon Red and Blue name-wise either, when you get to it. I mean - Blue. Whoo. Yeah. Right on. Exciting stuff, no? =P But Yellow - now THAT'S a mind-blowing name!

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Not yet, I don't believe. There does appear to be an absence of Headbutt trees in certain places where they appeared though (i.e. Ilex forest)... but one will have to wait and see.

Awww sh...I can see this game will be ruined by virtue of those damn trees...

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Awww sh**...I can see this game will be ruined by virtue of those damn trees...
    It's not like headbutt trees were any good either, lol.

They were annoying to have to stand and spam the A button 30 million times (took me aprox. 1 1/2 weeks) to get a Heracross. As soon as I got heracross, I never touched a headbutt tree again.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I think he's being a sarcastic butthurt because HG/SS is nothing like the perfect version his fanboy mind thought of.

Im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not an idiot.

It's not like headbutt trees were any good either, lol.

They were annoying to have to stand and spam the A button 30 million times (took me aprox. 1 1/2 weeks) to get a Heracross. As soon as I got heracross, I never touched a headbutt tree again.

So, you'd rather deal with his already low encounter rate, spend money on honey or abuse combee, planting them on trees, waiting 6 hours, and hoping you get one? Rinse and repeat in a trial and error fashion?

Admit it, honey trees are the worst things ever created for pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd say the worst thing ever created was something like Dash or the IV system change in 3rd gen games that meant GSC couldn't trade with any 3rd gen games, personally. =P

Honey trees weren't the best thing, IMO - not that fun an idea when you want a Pokemon and have to wait a number of hours for the mere chance of finding one. Whcih is partly why I resorted to breeding/GTS instead. -_- I did prefer Headbutt Trees - I didn't mind them so much and didn't find that Heracross took all that long, althoughI might have just been lucky.

Either way though we don't know for sure that they are out (although it isn't looking goof for them), or that they will be replaced by Honey trees. Maybe neither will be in? A new method, perhaps? Let's wait and see for starters.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not an idiot.

So, you'd rather deal with his already low encounter rate, spend money on honey or abuse combee, planting them on trees, waiting 6 hours, and hoping you get one? Rinse and repeat in a trial and error fashion?

Admit it, honey trees are the worst things ever created for pokemon.
    No.

Because money is nothing, honey costs like 1000 pokedollars for a pack of 12. And I would rather slap honey on all the trees and have 6 hours to do other things like training, pokeradar'ing, battle tower, or *gasp* not playing pokemon at all, than standing and shaking Spearows out of trees until my arm bleeds. For headbutt, you'd either have to ingest a leprechaun, or be a dedicated mother effer.

I'd take a 25-45% chance from x15 6-hour trees than a 0.25% chance from spamming the A button.

I think contests were a worse addition to Pokemon than honey trees, to be honest.

And that was very bold of you to say something like "THE WHOLE GAME WILL BE RUINED BECAUSE OF THE TREES".
    Very bold, A+ applaud your effort.

Last edited:
    Back