• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Sure, I don't like the interface, that is partially opinion. But are the features of D/P bottom screen available in this game? I want to use that bottom screen down there to look at information quickly, without having to dive into several menus. I can't put a map or a step counter (which is useful for egg hatching etc) there, can I?

umm no there isnt an opinion to put Plat menus on the bottom...yeah...HGSS is way better....and you know it

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Sure, I don't like the interface, that is partially opinion. But are the features of D/P bottom screen available in this game? I want to use that bottom screen down there to look at information quickly, without having to dive into several menus. I can't put a map or a step counter (which is useful for egg hatching etc) there, can I?

Personally I don't plan on EV training or anything on Heart Gold because of the way the routes are built near the Daycare center, so the egg device I really don't care about.

The timer is something I do not care for either because I can just click the Pokegear and it poofs up rather than clicking the next button 20 times just to reach my timer app.

Plus it is something new after like 2 pokemon games it is getting boring.

The new bag is so useful. I know it has pages but the icons are bigger so everytime I won't miss the item I am trying to find.

Years
    I prefer this new menu, i think it is great that they finally decided to utilize the touch screen for something useful, I thought the pokemon watch thing was kind of pointless, the only app that I bothered with was the pokemon daycare app and the one you need to track urm.. is it uxie?, well one of those 3 anyway lol

Years
    Im a little annoyed at the set up. I was really impressed with the interface from pearl and diamond. It seems that the only reason the setup was changed was to utilize the touch screen a little more. Didn't pay off in my opinion. I gotta admit, I do love the new run toggle, much nicer than holding down the B button the entire game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged a bunch of threads that involved saying ' don't like the phone/menu' and s forth and merged with the Complaints thread.

I'd agree that I miss some things from the D/P/Pt's Poketch, but I don't mind HGSS's version - stuff like the radio makes a very welcome return for me, and IMHO the bag is far better. Much easier to find what one wants now, including for HMs - I can go straight to them! =D

I bet this thread will get busy again now. XD

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    I have a definite complaint, the engish versions of these games suck, they totally mutilated the game corner, and renamed tin tower to "bell tower"

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I have one extremely small complaint.

Before you press start, that little movie thing plays, right? Well, when it shows Silver (Rival), it shows him with red eyes.
    Then when you battle him, the Vs. Picture of him shows him with gray/silver eyes!
    Oh, that irks me sooo much, though it's very small......

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I like the new female. Just her hat, ughh.

So far (since I'm only at Gym 1) my only complaint is of the large number of Pidgey's showing up, but I guess that's how every pokemon game works.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Only complaint: Shouldn't have been released on the DS. I don't like any of the new 4th generation Pokemon especially to go and buy a DS for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but HG/SS are remakes of a couple of my first Pokemon games. I wish they made the game usable for the GBA as well, but I guess that's what technology does to ya. I just don't like the fact that you have to go out and buy a new system to play two games you're really only ever going to play on that system. .__.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Only complaint: Shouldn't have been released on the DS. I don't like any of the new 4th generation Pokemon especially to go and buy a DS for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but HG/SS are remakes of a couple of my first Pokemon games. I wish they made the game usable for the GBA as well, but I guess that's what technology does to ya. I just don't like the fact that you have to go out and buy a new system to play two games you're really only ever going to play on that system. .__.

Nintendo has stopped supporting the gba for quite a while now, plus these games were built off of the diamond/pearl/platinum engine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i havent got soul silver yet i had the original silver version and i dont have any complaints yet and i hope it stays that way but about the clothes design that would be awesome if there was a wardrobe so you could change your clothes design that would be awesome and im glad the honey trees are still there and hopefully with headbutting

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    The game is great so far! I'm just dissapointed that you don't battle the kimono girls when you get to ecruteak T.T

And what's wrong with Lyra? Lyra looks MUCH better than Crystal. Better looking costume. And normal hair color (LOL it kinda peeves me to see blue, purple, green hair....But some characters can pull it off though)

Years
    I'm a little confused reading through comments about the pokemon following you. I've evolved my starters and they still follow me, maybe i'm mis-reading everything but they still follow prior to evolution.

At first I disliked the female character, but choose her and now I kind of like her look. Haha

Other than that, the menu I could do with out. I preferred the top screen menu.
    Still love the game though!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    The game is great so far! I'm just dissapointed that you don't battle the kimono girls when you get to ecruteak T.T

And what's wrong with Lyra? Lyra looks MUCH better than Crystal. Better looking costume. And normal hair color (LOL it kinda peeves me to see blue, purple, green hair....But some characters can pull it off though)

You do battle them just later on, I cant tell by your post if you already know this or just thought you dont battle them at all

Colette

I'm dying Gyarados.
    Years
    The only thing I don't really like is that to find Entei and Raikou I have to constantly keep bringing up the map instead of the highly useful app on DPPt.

And just for the record I think this game is great!

Back