• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Completed Red/Blue? You're a POKEMON KILLER

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Completed Red/Blue?  You're a POKEMON KILLER

Saw someone bring that up in another forum so I did some fact checking on it. Your rival doesn't actually ask you if you know what it's like to have one of your pokemon die, but this battle takes place in the ghost tower thing and he asks you "What are you doing here? Your pokemon aren't dead." which would infer that he *did* have a Pokemon die. In this battle it is true that his raticate is absent (as it is in all subsequent battles from there on).

Sooo... technically the R/B protagonist (you) may have done so much physical damage to his raticate that it succumbed to its injuries.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    But your rival doesn't even care about his Pokemon. Weird that'd he'd actually go bury it. But it's still an interesting thing, I think. I'll remember that next time I play RBY. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    But your rival doesn't even care about his Pokemon. Weird that'd he'd actually go bury it. But it's still an interesting thing, I think. I'll remember that next time I play RBY. :P
    I know Blue was rash, but I don't think he was as uncaring as GSC rival. Though I think he does get scolded by Oak in the end?

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    I think he did care for his pokemon, he just didn't want you ((Aka his rival)) to see him weak.

But this death makes him push his pokemon to the edge because he is THAT DETERMINED TO GET BACK AT YOU.

Thus leading to Oak scolding at him...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yes, he does get scolded by Oak. And meh, even though it's just a video game, I still think it's cool. :P

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years

Saw someone bring that up in another forum so I did some fact checking on it. Your rival doesn't actually ask you if you know what it's like to have one of your pokemon die, but this battle takes place in the ghost tower thing and he asks you "What are you doing here? Your pokemon aren't dead." which would infer that he *did* have a Pokemon die. In this battle it is true that his raticate is absent (as it is in all subsequent battles from there on).

Sooo... technically the R/B protagonist (you) may have done so much physical damage to his raticate that it succumbed to its injuries.

No I'm pretty sure he says " Hey [insert name here], what are you doing here, did one of your Pokemon die?"

Also you failed to add in that maybe Lt Surge's Raichu was so strong that its electric shocks had electrocuted his Raticate to death. Also he does mention catching a Cubone and not finding the Marowak. So it's more likely he wanted to catch a Marowak.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Whatever, I watched the Youtube video of that battle :p I don't need exact quotes.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I think he just stop using raticate in battles against the player but may be using as a hidden HM slave :)

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    Oh my. I felt bad after looking through this but he did accomplish his grandfather's wish. Catches all the Pokemon. So all he get was just praise from Oak.

''Well grandson, you did very well in accomplishing the Pokedex. Don't feel sad that you lost to Red tho. As the reward for completing the Pokedex, McDonalds for you. :]''

Blue said. ''With toys? :3''

If only that Blue had ever completed his Pokedex? I mean by the time when Red fought him before the Nugget Bridge, he did claimed that he own over 40+ Pokemon?(Can't really remember the numbers tho.)

Don't take this seriously, it was just a video game with some storyline for kid that time wont be able to understand.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I just read that entire story of Ash in a coma lol

and I have to say.

Ash does travel on a bike. It's shown in Sinnoh, in any case, and also in an episode where they're traveling to Fuschia from Celadon City. The person who wrote that obviously forgot.

As for Charmeleon being a "sex drive", I can't imagine that. He was 10 at the time. 10-year-olds don't have "sex drives", and they surely can't develop or heighten it if it's not there to begin with.

It's a nice story, though, but someone is being a little too analytical.

I feel bad for Raticate, though lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Wow... I was too young to pay attention when playing R/B, but sad as it is, there's something sinisterly epic about unknowingly being the antagonist. I don't think it's being overly allegoric, Red/Blue/Green are the most down to earth and depressing Pokemon games after all.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    This made me lol. I'll have to share it with my brother.

Still, note that Raticate is Lv16 when you face Blue on the ship. Raticate normally doesn't evolve until Lv20 and at that stage in the game, you haven't been to any areas where Raticate are found in the wild. I would suggest that Blue fed Raticate some drug or chemical that forced its evolution, and that somehow messed up Raticate's internal chemistry. Whether that directly killed Raticate sometime after your battle or if your defeating it aggravated Raticate's condition is still unknown, but perhaps Blue is at least partially culpable for Raticate's death.

And yes, I am reading too much into this. I even went to Bulbapedia to confirm Raticate's level during the SS Anne battle, lol

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Ehee , we kill Pokemon ! >:-)

Well , maybe , but I'll sure remember this on my next RBY playthrough ! (:
    Also m, aren't we killers in FRLG as well ? <:-)

Back