• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Completed Red/Blue? You're a POKEMON KILLER

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    It is surprising...
    I noticed he did not use the Raticate
    but never thought it died,
    just thought he gave up to use Raticate...

Ecstatic

Chilling out.
    Years
    Dang, I always thought Pokemon weren't supposed to die, and now I realise it all adds up. I never liked Raticate either, but still, I feel bad for him, and I wish Gary just got rid of him, put him in the PC.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    (I'd post a link, but I don't have enough posts yet to do so. Look up Pokemon Red- Rival Battle #5)
    Nah He's like, "Your Pokemon don't look dead, but I can at least make them faint!"
    At the end of the battle he also claims he's looking for the adult Marowak.
    I don't feel sorry, and I don't think his Raticate died. I just think he changed his team.
    Because let's be honest;
    #1 Do you use the first 6 Pokemon you catch the whole time?
    and #2, Raticate sucks.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    This theory is awesome! It totally fits!

But even if the raticate wasn't dead prof. oak was still kind of a douche toward Gary at the end of the game.

nielsnijhof

Pokemon Master in training
    Years
    I once had 151 pokemons caught on my orgional blue cartridge but I started a new game :S

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Poor rival D:
    Nah, I think that he just boxed it. He's got a Gyardos after all.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Good thing I haven't finished RBY, 'cause I keep losing to Lance in the Elite 4. xD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    This is... interesting. After reading it, it makes perfect sense... I'll never play Pokemon again without thinking that I might just kill them...

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    But of course we did, it's the only logical thought that comes to mind when you defeat a rat like Pokemon. Poor rat thing that nobody uses except for HM slavery. Awe. : [

Well, I find this highly amusing, but knowing that the creators did not have that intended, I feel fine about this whole incident. Blue makes me angry anyways.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Wow I NEVER noticed that Raticate disappeared from his party before...oh well they both deserve it...Gary/Blue/Rival for being a dick...(Gary was here, Ash is a loser) and Raticate for being an annoying rat...

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
    Years
    Poor Raticate...
    I think Blue bribed Raticate to evolve at level 16.
    Then Raticate was not satisfied with Blue... So he bought a Rat Poison and ate it....
    HE DIED!

Back