• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • Link please!

It's from a live stream sadly. Check twitch-> ORAS ->hamayama (ended)or ptken.
    I am watching it from the app and I don't know how to link...

Spoiler:

I'll be very honest. As someone who is just WATCHING the stream, I actually teared at the end.
    This game is fantastic... I really cannot wait to play it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's from a live stream sadly. Check twitch-> ORAS ->hamayama (ended)or ptken.
    I am watching it from the app and I don't know how to link...

Spoiler:

I'll be very honest. As someone who is just WATCHING the stream, I actually teared at the end.
    This game is fantastic... I really cannot wait to play it.

Wait what? How does that even work?

Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Ooooooh, that makes way more sense.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure if I can reply with just a spoiler so this sentence is extra...

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm not sure if I can reply with just a spoiler so this sentence is extra...

Spoiler:

Oh. Well, good for GF for not completely copying what happened last time.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm watching Hamayama's Twitch videos of OR/AS right now and it turns out the Safari Zone mechanics got changed. Now we can actually battle the wild Pokemon using our own Pokemon, sorta like the Friend Safari in X/Y.

That's actually really good because I hated the old mechanic where you just stood there throwing tons of Safari Balls to catch the Pokemon and hoped it wouldn't flee. There's also trainer battles within the Safari Zone for the first time as well.

Edit: Route 121 also now has really tall grass in some parts. Seriously, what's with all these random areas getting their grass changed? Hoenn officially has the most areas with really tall grass of any region, with a grand total of four routes so far, and also the Safari Zone.

Years
  • Also, a note on those sneaking encounters (the ones where a Pokemon is seen popping out of the grass), if you run into a regular wild encounter when trying to get to the Pokemon, it gets disrupted and the Pokemon disappears.

It's similar to the shaking grass/rippling water/dust clouds from 5th Gen in that regard, so if you want to get to the sneaking encounter without disruption, using a Repel is highly recommended.

Years
  • Guys, it appears that we can get a Sinnoh starter as well, along with the Johto and Unova starters mentioned earlier:

Spoiler:

They still come with the standard Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent abilities but the good news is that between X/Y and OR/AS you can now obtain all the starters by trading between the two games, which is great. It's cool how we can get three alternate region starters in just one OR/AS playthrough, and I surely know who I'll be taking.

Years
  • So these are some nice themes we're getting all-around for the 3DS' capabilities. It does good justice to them-wait, SINNOH STARTERS?!

Geez, they REALLY want us to give up on our other Pokémon games with this one, don't they?

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • So these are some nice themes we're getting all-around for the 3DS' capabilities. It does good justice to them-wait, SINNOH STARTERS?!

Geez, they REALLY want us to give up on our other Pokémon games with this one, don't they?
    No I think it's safe to say that it will be a while before we get to go back to Sinnoh since they only remake one game for each Nintendo Handheld so currently right now Nintendo is working on there next Handheld. so that will be a few more years. So I'm sure they want us to enjoy everything because it's going to be a while before we see our next Remake version.

GBA = Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
    DS = Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
    3DS= Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Next Handheld = Diamond and Pearl
    and so forth

Years

Yeah they are encouraging you to give up. The fact all you need is X/Y and OR/AS, trade between them and *BAM* you can get ALL the starters without even needing Pokemon Bank. It's just insane, just like what we got with so many past-gen Legendaries caught in the Mirage Spots.

Although when it comes to getting the Unova starter, I would imagine so many taking either Oshawott or Snivy because well... Tepig gets absolutely no love.

I'll probably take Chimchar for my Sinnoh starter, despite the goofy animation its model has (at least its evos look better) but it's often been my Sinnoh starter of choice and I do like monkeys. Johto starter is tricky, and while I do like Cyndaquil I don't like that its static animation has no flames, plus I've never used Chikorita a lot compared to the other two so I may give Chikorita a shot this time. Unova starter... definitely Oshawott, no explanation here.

And I've also heard that the PokeNav can also trigger special encounters with alternate-region Pokemon in the postgame via the DexNav feature. One such encounter mentioned was Sewaddle on Route 101, so there should be some more to be revealed now that Serebii has started his coverage where he'll be revealing stuff as he plays along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back