• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Contests?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Will/should there be contests, and if so, What city?

I think they should have them and they should be in Goldenrod or Celedon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I think it should Appear , I wish if they will make it with Wi-Fi Compadibility , since people liked Contests ( Actually im not a Contests Fan )

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think it should Appear , I wish if they will make it with Wi-Fi Compadibility , since people liked Contests ( Actually im not a Contests Fan )

Wi-Fi contests? Interesting idea, I like it.

lol, me neither, I was just curious.

Years
    Well I guess, they kind of hinted that Prof. Oak's Granddaughter Daisy was a coordinator, so there is a chance. I personally wouldn't mind if it weren't in the game seeing I'm not a Fan of the whole contest thing.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It would be interesting to see contests return, and if they do, what kind they would be. I personally prefer the third generation contests over the fourth generation. (The dancing was the worst. XD)

To me, Goldenrod seems like a good location for them. It's a centralized location in Johto, as well as the biggest city, so there should be room enough for a building dedicated to contests. Celadon would be kind of late in the game, though, to me.

I don't really like contests, but it would be a good addition for those that like them.

Also, they weren't originally in G/S, so would they even be included in the remakes? They weren't in FR/LG, even though R/S/E with contests came out first. Which is why I'm interested in seeing how far these games will go as "remakes" and how far they go as "new games".

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If contests are to be included, I would see them being located in Goldenrod. It can then be expanded to Kanto by having another one in Celadon City?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    If contests are to be included, I would see them being located in Goldenrod. It can then be expanded to Kanto by having another one in Celadon City?

I think they should make 2 in Johto ( Normal , Super ) and 2 in Kanto ( Hyper , Master ). what do you think?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I used to like contests back in RSE, but D/P/PL kind of ruined them for me.(If it ain't broke, don't fix it) So if HGSS has contests in it, I would much prefer the Gen III style. (Just feed pokeblocks and appeal)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't mind for them to add in the Contest Hall to the Johto or even after in the Kanto. Having Contests go WiFi, now that would be pretty cool, and I think I might try it out more often. I'd like to see if they change it up a bit, or if they keep it like how it is in DPPt.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd love to see contests come back. I find them very relaxing for some reason haha. I could actually really see them in Olivine instead of Goldenrod. But if in Kanto, definitely Celadon. XD;

I'd like to see a whole new kind of contest too but it'd be more likely we get the DPP contests if we get them at all. Which is okay, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I dont think contest will be added for some reason:
    1.In the original G/S And R/B/Y there werent any contest.
    2.As i said R/B/Y dosnt have contest so is FR/LG
    3.It wouldnt be much to G/S if theirs contest it would be more Dimond and Pearl.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Doesn't whatsherface (May?) go off to Johto to participate in contests after the anime wraps up Hoenn? :| If they tied in a bunch of GSDS hints to the anime that so many people seemed to pick up on, maybe they'll do it the other way around and use that bit of info in adding contests to these games.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I could live without Contests, not a fan of them at all. But I suppose it does add another layer to the games, so it would still be nice to see these included. I agree with having it in Goldenrod.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would love contests to be in the remake, but if there was I would want to make it more like the anime. If not, then I would say leave it for the next generation to come.

Goldenrod City would be a nice place to put the contests, that place is a city full of people so it only makes sense.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add in contests, I would only hope they make it more similar to the Anime style and take better use of the stylus with it as well.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I agree actully.
    Im no fan of contests,but when i see it on anime I get intrested.
    But im pretty sure they wont add contest and If they did,It would be the same as D/P.

Back