• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Contests?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, contests in Johto is brilliant. Coming to think of it, the apricorn idea is not bad either, as it gives it more than one use besides for making new Pokéballs by Kurt.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Apricorns? That is a good idea. But how would they do the levels of the pokefruits or whatever the name is? like more apricorns is higher level or something? Don't think that's quite fair... can you plant them to get more? Plus... they would have to add a place to get accessories if they did sinnoh style, too. And where would the contest hall be, do you think?

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Only if they were in the FR/LG remakes. If they weren't, then no. (I've never played them) I don't really care for contests and I don't want them ruin the original reason why I played this game. I guess I wouldn't mind if they were there though...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    If they added the contests, I would be happy. I wouldn't mind if they don't. I have my lovely Platinum. :)

But PLEASE, no dancing round. I'm gonna spaz out if they do. *flashbacks about yesterday's messup*

----
    Listening to:
    Ai Otsuka - Kingyo Hanabi

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they added the contests, I would be happy. I wouldn't mind if they don't. I have my lovely Platinum. :)

But PLEASE, no dancing round. I'm gonna spaz out if they do. *flashbacks about yesterday's messup*

----
    Listening to:

Ai Otsuka - Kingyo Hanabi

Well to me the dancing round was pretty cool, it was difficult at some points though.

I wouldn't mind if they added it or not. What I would really like is if they make the contests similar to the anime kind, but for a remake I would have to say something similar to the DPPT one, or the R/S/E one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Dancing just adds variety to the contests, but I would prefer it if they at least try to make it closer to the anime's version of it.

I had a little thought of contests though. To introduce it, what if they used Kris to play a small role in introducing contests either in Johto or Kanto. I think it would be a cool way to bring in contests to the remake.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't mind contest. There should be one in Johto and Kanto and the contest should be the same way as the anime.

I really like the idea of this. It would be cool if they could somewhat attach the contests together and make a Grand Festival like in the anime.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they put in a Grand Festival, wouldn't you think they would make it similar to something like the Battle Tower?...Or at least for the battle round of the contest, if it were like the anime.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they put in a Grand Festival, wouldn't you think they would make it similar to something like the Battle Tower?...Or at least for the battle round of the contest, if it were like the anime.

Yeah if there was a battle round and an appeal round that would be amazing. I would rather leave new contest things to the next generation though. If the Johto region had to have contests, I would have to say make it similar to the ones in DPPT but a little bit different maybe.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It most likely will be kept the same, if it can connect with DPPt's contests through the wireless link.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I would love to see the contests return. I'm not a hardcore fan of it, but at least is relieves the stresses of trying to get metagame pokemon or trying to continue on with the main adventure. And for a Pokemon game to have side-quests, I think the contests does it just right.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really hope there is a new kind of contests in Johto. It seems to differ from region to region.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really hope there is a new kind of contests in Johto. It seems to differ from region to region.

Well I would leave new ones for a next generation in my opinion. After all this is just a remake of a game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It is a remake but it is already appearent that they are not going to keep it exactly the same. Look at Gizamimi and the new girl.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I'd love it if contests returned, but only if they played out more like R/S/E and had an actual battle round. D/P/Pt just...took a relatively simple concept and blew it waaaay out of proportion (see: accessories and dancing stage).
    Well, maybe if they just took D/P/Pt's contests and took out the annoying dancing stage and replaced it with a final battle against another coordinator where you'd be judged based on move combos or...something like that. I dunno.

But if HGSS does include contests, I know I'd like them to be like Sapphire where they're all spread out rather than all being in a single location.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I think there will be, if you remember they where giving small hints throughout Sinnoh in both the games and the series, and in the series May went to Johto to attempt to win the contests there, so i think that, to coincide with that, they will have contest battles in Johto, also i think they should make the contests in the games a bit more like the show, adding a battle element to them would open them up to the people who think that contests, as they are, are boring.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think there will be, if you remember they where giving small hints throughout Sinnoh in both the games and the series, and in the series May went to Johto to attempt to win the contests there, so i think that, to coincide with that, they will have contest battles in Johto, also i think they should make the contests in the games a bit more like the show, adding a battle element to them would open them up to the people who think that contests, as they are, are boring.

Well it could be a possibility, but that is just from the anime.

I wouldn't mind it being like the anime, but I would probably suggest leaving that for the 5th generation.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like the idea of Wi-Fi Contests and I reckon Goldenrod would be the place for it.

Wi-fi contests would be a pretty cool thing to have. I wouldn't mind having it in the Johto region or in another generation. Goldenrod City would be a cool place to have it, but wouldn't it just be downstairs the Pokemon Center or so?

Back