• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    What I like: New designs for trainers, new mega evolutions (Although I was kinda disappointed when I saw Swampert - I think that they could do better) but aside from mega swampert I don't really dislike anything yet ~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    1. Too near? The original map is 12 years old. Maybe GF thought it looked better now? Or they "moved" it for some other reason. Another thing: the original map is very round - the new one square-edged. This may be another reason for the alleged "move".

2. For all we know, ORAS may be not 100% like the originals (Hell, we know for a fact that it isn't because of megas and primals). So the story can be somewhat different. It is possible that ORAS takes place 1-2 years after the original story. Or in the new versions the tower just crumbled.

They may have additional elements added in but they're still remakes. Also how strange would it be for Brendan and May to be repeating the same thing 1-2 year later...

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I pretty much like everything. There isn't that much information the choose from at the moment though. I love Mega Sceptile..mainly because Sceptile is awesome to begin with.

The only thing I wouldn't like is if Primal Devolution was exclusive to Groudon/Kyogre/(probably) Rayquaza. There are other Pokemon that can have the ability to do this too. Fossil Pokemon for instance. Even though the fossils are revived, they are not the same Pokemon they were millions of years ago. Primal Devolution could revert them back to their original form.

The spoliers i have added in as they give somewhat information that was leaked on youtube, E3 and corocoro Magazines so i didn't want to spoil it for those who haven't found out yet x)

I don't mean to sound rude but what exactly is the point of using spoilers? If someone is afraid of spoilers and they are in a ORAS forum..they can't really be afraid of spoilers. People who don't want to see spoilers won't come here at all.

I really can't stand the artwork of the map, it looks way too phony and lame, hopefully, the towns and cities in the games don't look how they do on the map, because, they look barren and pretty much a copy/paste from the original games, where as, FR/LG and HG/SS had an overhaul in maps, the way buildings looked and such things. And I really wish they took inspiration from this picture for Dewford Town, that pic gives me nostalgia of visiting Hoenn for the first time... I like different views of regions, so I can have a new feeling and not get bored quickly, HG/SS and FR/LG had that, lets hope OR/AS have that too.

Almost everything that wasn't new in FR/LG and HG/SS had the exact same layout when compared to the original games. The only difference for the most part was the graphics. I don't see why we'd expect more than that in ORAS.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    1. Too near? The original map is 12 years old. Maybe GF thought it looked better now? Or they "moved" it for some other reason. Another thing: the original map is very round - the new one square-edged. This may be another reason for the alleged "move".

2. For all we know, ORAS may be not 100% like the originals (Hell, we know for a fact that it isn't because of megas and primals). So the story can be somewhat different. It is possible that ORAS takes place 1-2 years after the original story. Or in the new versions the tower just crumbled.

Sky Pillar is southwest where the cloud is at. That is the exact spot where sky pillar is suppose to be. And if you look, it even looks like there is now a route to it from Sootopolis.

It IS NOT 1 to 2 years later. This is confirmed with the fact that Magma and Aqua has returned and that May and Brandon are doing the same exact thing. They are adding more elements because it is needed to be compatible with XY.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
    I love pretty much everything. The games already look beautiful from the trailer, the mega evolutions' and Primal designs are fantastic, and I love seeing the Hoenn region and all of the characters we know and love in 3D.

The one thing I'm really not a fan of is Mega Sceptile's typing, which Mega Meganium or Mega Serperior were certainly more deserving of. I also wouldn't like if Primal Devolution WASN'T exclusive to Kyogre/Groudon, but that's just me.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Let's not forget we've got Get TV with a bunch of news this Saturday. Although it's probably just covering what E3 revealed, I'm pretty sure they will show some actual gameplay footage with music and everything. n_n

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I love pretty much everything. The games already look beautiful from the trailer, the mega evolutions' and Primal designs are fantastic, and I love seeing the Hoenn region and all of the characters we know and love in 3D.

The one thing I'm really not a fan of is Mega Sceptile's typing, which Mega Meganium or Mega Serperior were certainly more deserving of. I also wouldn't like if Primal Devolution WASN'T exclusive to Kyogre/Groudon, but that's just me.

I don't see how Dragon doesn't fit Sceptile. It is supposedly based (if not based, it looks a lot like it) on a Dilophosaurus. It learns the same amount of Dragon moves as Serperior (4) while Meganium learns only 2.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I liked most of the stuff from E3. I don't really like mega swamperts design, but thats the only real thing i dont like about the games (thus far).

Years
    Let's not forget we've got Get TV with a bunch of news this Saturday. Although it's probably just covering what E3 revealed, I'm pretty sure they will show some actual gameplay footage with music and everything. n_n

I don't think they've shown Mega Diancie yet, so perhaps we'll get some screenshots, and maybe some video of it later, or it'll be saved for Get tv.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I can't say I dislike anything other than Mega Sceptile but I only dislike it because it isn't anything like I imagined it would be, I might end up liking it but I feel it is going to be a terrible pokemon competitively... although on paper it sounds like it would be good in double/VGC style battles...

Years
    They could show some minor things during Get TV, but I think it'll most likely cover what E3 revealed in greater detail, which is still awesome - maybe some questions about the trailer will get answered. Excited to hear that, especially since I think I've watched the video at least twenty times and have about a hundred different questions, haha :c

Years
    The reveal of Mega Sceptile has 100% been my favourite thing thus far!!!! :)

After having watched the trailer a few more times I'm also loving the re-inclusion of Poké Marts, the general overworld looks beautiful and also the artwork for Roxanne I'm liking :)

I'm not keen on Tabitha's artwork but I've been reading a couple of comments that he might look drastically different in 3D so I'm keeping everything crossed that that's the case :) Also having to wait till November haha BUT perfection takes time so I'm more than willing to wait lol :)

Years
    Well Mega Sableye came out of nowhere...I heard about it first from the Twitch chat of the Treehouse event. I thought they were trolling, but they were saying the truth...
    I wonder what it's ability will be, and if we'll be getting anymore Megas. So much stuff after the Drought of News we had in May. I was right, June is a big month!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Well Mega Sableye came out of nowhere...I heard about it first from the Twitch chat of the Treehouse event. I thought they were trolling, but they were saying the truth...
    I wonder what it's ability will be, and if we'll be getting anymore Megas. So much stuff after the Drought of News we had in May. I was right, June is a big month!

I kind figured we would get Mega Sableye, but wasn't expecting it to be released this month. I hope we get Milotic and Metagross. Would be nice to have confirmations about Latios and Latias. I kinda hope we get some non Hoenn/Kanto though.

Also, I hope we can get The Sinnoh starters in the game after we finish certain things.

Also, it may have just been me, but did anyone else notice in the trailer from yesterday, the boy of the Latios was flying north of Hoenn?

Years
    Mega Sableye looks like they did a good job. I assume since no Pokemon can damage it's crystals it gets a move like Kings Shield or will just be really bulky. But it seems like they will include more megas. I have a feeling they are going to go over board on the megas tho.

Years
    I kind figured we would get Mega Sableye, but wasn't expecting it to be released this month. I hope we get Milotic and Metagross. Would be nice to have confirmations about Latios and Latias. I kinda hope we get some non Hoenn/Kanto though.

Also, I hope we can get The Sinnoh starters in the game after we finish certain things.

Also, it may have just been me, but did anyone else notice in the trailer from yesterday, the boy of the Latios was flying north of Hoenn?

I expected it too (yay another point for my speculation!), I'm just surprised that they announced it the way they did (then again the games were announced similarly...). Especially because it wasn't shown with the others. I don't think they've shown Diancie's Mega at E3 yet. So I expected that to be shown.

It was a little hard to tell where in Hoenn the boy was...oh! You know what's north? That dark ominous cloud is...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Mega Sableye looks like they did a good job. I assume since no Pokemon can damage it's crystals it gets a move like Kings Shield or will just be really bulky. But it seems like they will include more megas. I have a feeling they are going to go over board on the megas tho.

It has already been confirmed that all pokemon lines will eventually get megas. That was in an interview around the time megas were first announced.

I expected it too (yay another point for my speculation!), I'm just surprised that they announced it the way they did (then again the games were announced similarly...). Especially because it wasn't shown with the others. I don't think they've shown Diancie's Mega at E3 yet. So I expected that to be shown.

It was a little hard to tell where in Hoenn the boy was...oh! You know what's north? That dark ominous cloud is...

I am thinking it is north, because I think there was a volcano he was flying away from, and the only volcano is in the northern part of the region.

Last edited:
    Years
    Seems like there is alot of hate for Mega Swampert. But I think this is going to be on the same lines as Aegislash. Nobody wanted to use it, before they revealed the stats that is.

I would like mega Sceptile, but the Yellow balls on his back make me not want to.

Mega Sableye was revealed, AMD I'm really linings it's design.

Years
    Does Mega Sableye remain the same type?
    Also, Mega Sableye is against a Poochyana, maybe they are hinting towards Mega Mightyana? I'm just predicting. I could very well be wrong.

Pokemon I think will get Megas from Hoenn
    Plusle
    Minum
    Salamence
    Flygon
    Seviper
    Zangoose
    Mettagross
    Mightyana
    Rayquaza(Might be Primal form but w.e)

Does any one think that there is more to come from E3?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back