• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I personally think Megas are a good way of adding "new Pokémon" without adding to the PokéDex. I'd also really like a Mega Chimecho, it's so cute yet overlooked!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I wish that Megas had mini entries in the dex of their own next to their non-mega self...
    Anyways I would love to see Mega Chimechos. It should be Psychic/Fairy, and maybe another could be Psychic/Steel.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As I have said before, it has already been said that all pokemon lines will eventually have a mega, but some still need an evolution before a mega.

I am thinking we will see a Mega Chu tomorrow, whether it be Raichu or Pikachu or both. My guess is mainly Raichu. Because in one of the trailers, they go from Pichu, to Pika, to Raichu and we never see Raichu or Pichu in anything. Especially not Raichu.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I want Mega Ludicolo, Mega Shiftry, Mega Slaking, Mega Claydol.

I dont think Sharpedo would benefit from a Mega. He is just a glass cannon who needs a Focus Sash more than anything else.

Sharpedo's counterpart to me has always been Crawdaunt. Both are Dark/Water Types from Gen3.

Plus, Sharpedo would be the second Dark/Water Mega. I would prefer more diversity.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I want Mega Ludicolo, Mega Shiftry, Mega Slaking, Mega Claydol.

I dont think Sharpedo would benefit from a Mega. He is just a glass cannon who needs a Focus Sash more than anything else.

Sharpedo's counterpart to me has always been Crawdaunt. Both are Dark/Water Types from Gen3.

Plus, Sharpedo would be the second Dark/Water Mega. I would prefer more diversity.

The main reason we are saying Sharpedo I think, is because Archie has a Mega Stone Necklace in one of his videos, but you have to be quick to catch it. Also, I noticed that Archie and Maxie are both covering up their mega stones with their hands in the official art. And Archie uses Sharpedo as his main pokemon. Along with Maxie using Cameruot. It is possible that the pokemon they have as a mega is Mightyena or Crobat with both of them having it, but I don't think that would be right. Although I wouldn't mind one of them replacing those two.

Years
    So what could Mega Sableye's ability be? We've guess Prankster, Wonder Guard, and some new ability. I was going to guess it may have Aegislash's ability but the trailer ruins that theory as there was no change in pose what so ever.

Years
    Prankster honestly fit Sableye so well, I wouldn't mind if its Mega simply retained that ability. If any of the revealed Megas/Primals receives an all-new ability, I think it'll be either Groudon or Kyogre, or both! There are some serious hints dropped on the ORAS official website, and if it does become a reality, it'll be interesting to see how they effect the new forms. o:

Years
    Hopefully Mega Diancie will be faster than normal Diancie. Mega Lucario can proably take it down easily due to it's 4x steel weakness...and it's so slow...

Years
    Hopefully Mega Diancie will be faster than normal Diancie. Mega Lucario can proably take it down easily due to it's 4x steel weakness...and it's so slow...

Unless ORAS gifts it with an ORAS only move list that makes... Metal Burst on a Rock-Fairy

And with that wedding dress, how has science not labelled Diance female?
    Is it up to Ditto to determine the gender of stuff?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sableye is essentially a counterpart to Mawile, and when Mawile Mega Evolves it becomes a physical powerhouse. It makes a lot of sense for Sableye to become a defensive wall. A new, or different, Ability would be cool, but from a competitive standpoint I think retaining Prankster would be incredibly beneficial. It's very slow--but with its high defensive capabilities and access to priority Status moves, it could become a very scary threat!

Years
    MeganSableye's defenses will 99 percent likely not be anywhere near Mega Mawile's attack...unless it got a defensive version of huge power I feel. However Prankster will benefit it too...maybe Wonder Guard is the answer... every team will then have to have a Fairy type move on a Pokémon, or have one of the moves that allow Fighting moves to hit it and have said fighting moves...

Years
    Really excited about Get TV! Even if they reiterate what was announced at E3 in more detail, I'll be happy with it. Any news about ORAS is good news, haha, but hopefully some new things do get released, like possibly a new Mega design, or the reveal of a revamped feature like the PokeNav.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Just watched an analysis of the gameplay shown at E3, and the guy pauses the video at some footage of Mega Sceptile and points out that its tail disappears during an attack.

And it did.

Cannot unsee.

I'm wondering if it disappeared for a reason or if it's just a glitch... xD

Years
    Just watched an analysis of the gameplay shown at E3, and the guy pauses the video at some footage of Mega Sceptile and points out that its tail disappears during an attack.

And it did.

Cannot unsee.

I'm wondering if it disappeared for a reason or if it's just a glitch... xD

Certainly not a glitch!

Serebii Mega Evolutions Page said:
    Description of Mega Sceptile:

This Pokémon was first revealed in the CoroCoro issue released in June 2014. This Pokémon is to Mega Evolve from the starter Treecko you receive in game. Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent.
    Source

That's most likely why it was shown doing that with its tail in the analysis, haha. I find it to be a pretty unique addition to Sceptile's design, and I'd like it even more if they came up with a new move that showed off this tail-missile mechanic full blast, if you know what I mean. From the screenshots showing its tail coming off, it seems it's just performing a Leaf Storm attack.

Years
    I noticed prior to the reveal of it's tail that it looked like it was most leaves. So I guess that could explain why it does so during Leaf Storm. Could they have boosted Sceptile's Special attack? Mega Swampert used a physical move in what was scene so it implies it's high attack. I think Mega Blaziken was shown using both special and attack moves.
    Though...it could use an attack boost too. I hope we learn where it's stat gains are so those of us getting Treeko can plan for a nature ideal for Mega Sceptile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back