• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Team Magma and Aqua are seen on top of Mt.Chimney gathering energy for whatever, I don't remember, they are going to do. Each team will take each other's places in the same events. I'm assuming that since team Aqua in AS is on top of the volcano team magma will be sharing their hideout with Aqua in OR. Sigh, I wanted each team to have their unique events like in emerald but on each new version. Probably we will see team magma in the submarine going to seafloor cavern and as seen team Aqua in a volcano. I wanted at least team magma doing more earth volcano stuff and digging their way to Groudon. Oh well, time to get over it.

They're waiting for the machine to gather enough energy from the meteor in it to cause Mt. Chimney to erupt/ Cool over.

I know what you mean...Magma will likely not have it's base in Mt. Chimney like they did in Emerald. Nor have Groudon in Mt.Chimeny. Though there is still a slight hope...

Years
    From the dialogue shown in the Mt. Chimney screenshots from E3, it looks like ORAS will be more geared towards Ruby and Sapphire's story line, which was quite different compared to the Emerald plot. I preferred the sequel's story over R/S, so I'm a bit saddened, but I still feel like it's not going to be an exact replica, but rather an updated one to include Primal Reversion.

Years
    From the dialogue shown in the Mt. Chimney screenshots from E3, it looks like ORAS will be more geared towards Ruby and Sapphire's story line, which was quite different compared to the Emerald plot. I preferred the sequel's story over R/S, so I'm a bit saddened, but I still feel like it's not going to be an exact replica, but rather an updated one to include Primal Reversion.

What sequel story? You mean Emerald? That was a third version. I also prefer Emerald's story over RS. I hope that they add some elements of Emerald's story in addition to the brand new addition of Primal Reversion.

Years
    What sequel story? You mean Emerald? That was a third version. I also prefer Emerald's story over RS. I hope that they add some elements of Emerald's story in addition to the brand new addition of Primal Reversion.

Exactly my thoughts, but from the screenshots currently released, it looks to be more like Ruby and Sapphire's plot than Emerald, though we can't tell from the available information whether or not there is pieces of Emerald's story in the game alongside what we have seen with Team Magma and Aqua. Honestly, I hope they expound upon Primal Reversion, much like they did with Mega evolution in X and Y. Should make for a very interesting new story line o:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Which screenshots, exactly, show that the games might be more focused on retelling Ruby/Sapphire's plot? I can't recall the explicit differences myself.

Years
    Which screenshots, exactly, show that the games might be more focused on retelling Ruby/Sapphire's plot? I can't recall the explicit differences myself.

This and this - Emerald's story had both teams fighting at different points in the game, while these screenshots, while not definitive, show a contrast that was found in Ruby and Sapphire during this events. Bulbapedia has a short and sweet section regarding what changed with the story line in Emerald you can check out. Obviously, these screenshots don't confirm anything, but to me it looks like they're more on track of Ruby and Sapphire.

Years
    I agree with Pepperton. The screenshot signal at the story being most similar to that of RS. At least the Mt. Chimney part seems like it'll follow R/S' plot.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    This and this - Emerald's story had both teams fighting at different points in the game, while these screenshots, while not definitive, show a contrast that was found in Ruby and Sapphire during this events. Bulbapedia has a short and sweet section regarding what changed with the story line in Emerald you can check out. Obviously, these screenshots don't confirm anything, but to me it looks like they're more on track of Ruby and Sapphire.
    Frankly, I don't get how Team Aqua is on the mountain trying to expand the sea. The lava sea, evidently?

Years
    Frankly, I don't get how Team Aqua is on the mountain trying to expand the sea. The lava sea, evidently?

They explained it in Sapphire that their plan is to cause Mt. Chimney to cool so that the cater will be covered in water (forming a large lake on the highest peak of Hoenn). Also they'll plan will result in the pause of formation of new land in the Hoenn region.

Years

Well, it could be that they're trying to stop Team Magma from expanding that lava mountain - you know, extinguishing their fire or something along those lines, and then they'd begin to increase the size of the sea once Team Magma's out of the way. That's what I think anyway, and a logical reason as to why they would bother going to Mt. Chimney. :c

Years
    I guess most didn't own Sapphire, didn't pay attention to the plot, or simply forgot :( . (look at my earlier post if anyone is wondering what Aqua wanted from Mt. Chimney or go to Bulbapedia for a more reliable source).

I wonder what they're release in July. Maybe some Megas. Perhaps a Silhouette or hints of Primal Rayquaza.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I would like to see the new arts for Elite 4. I just hope they don't mess the designs up.... well only one they can really mess up is Drake.

Years
    I hope that Drake will look more like even more of a ba than he already does in the originals. Maybe they'll give him a Tan.

Does anyone think Spencer may have been a member of Aqua? Or related to Archie somehow?

Years
    I hope they keep Phoebe relatively unchanged, because for some reason I find her current design adorable and unique, don't want to see it altered. As for the rest of them, I could honestly care less. Would be nice to see them spice Glacia up a bit, who to me is very boring and the most dull of the elite four in terms of design.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I really hope they redesign Sidney to make him really evil-looking tho. :/

Maybe they can sweeten Phoebe a bit to make her a little bit creepy I guess?

Glacia seems alright, maybe they can redesign her to look a little bit younger?

Drake needs to be more badass.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I liked everyone's designs but Glacia's. Plus, I'm pretty sure Drake was already dark-skinned so a tan might make him too dark. :b Grimsley was always what I wanted Sidney to look like, so I dunno how Sidney could be redesigned right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back