• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Wow, can barely believe that E3 is less than a month away. That's insane.

Not sure how much info we'll get at E3 itself; I can see it panning out with a dedicated Direct around that time, with maybe a second one a few weeks later, with a ton of CoroCoro stuff happening in between. I think they're gonna have to save quite a few things for the weeks and months after E3 especially considering the fact that November is still quite some time away from the event itself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They proably are going to not reveal the updated Hoenn map until later on, or hide some areas. Also I think they'll save the secrets of the mascot until the end, or allow us to discover them ourselves.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Release date mabye?

I dont know some gameplay would be nice but its very early.

What is e3 anyway?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Release date mabye?

I dont know some gameplay would be nice but its very early.

What is e3 anyway?
    E3 is a large video game exposition where publishers and developers showcase any new software and hardware that they are working on.

I understand that they may want to save information for closer to the games' release, but seeing as these are remakes, we already have a general idea of what to expect. There is also less time between now and the release date, so they can't hold off for too long. I expect (hope for) a steadier stream of information than what we received for XY in general.

Hopefully E3 will give us at least a short video of actual gameplay (a long video would be nice, but I don't want to get my hopes up just in case), and I'd like CoroCoro to reveal to us the protagonists, and show us at least the starters (with in-game screenshots, and perhaps some new art, too). If CoroCoro is especially generous, we may even see Prof. Birch (and Norman and Wally), or if there are any new characters.

Years
  • I would love to see how the overworld will look. I'm kinda fascinated thinking about how they're going to convert the old overworld to the new graphical style

Character art would be nice too
    Same here. The way Kalos cities are it'll be interesting to see if Hoenn's take on a similar but Japanese looking apperance to them.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I think it would be better to see Hoenn in 3D because it feels like a game that deserved it, like it was just waiting to be brought back to life to demolish competition.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I don't even know why people think Groudon and Kyogre will have new forms. Did they confirm it or anything?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I think we'll see two things in June for ORAS
    E3 - some kind of trailer (maybe :30 to 1:00)
    Corocoro - more screens/details (potentially about the same trailer , potentially all new)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I don't even know why people think Groudon and Kyogre will have new forms. Did they confirm it or anything?

1. The Groudon and Kyogre look different on the boxart of ORAS than their original designs. It would not make sense if these were just special designs for boxart.
    2. The Japanese website said these Groidon and Kyogre are 'never before seen Pokemon'. This was also said to B/W-Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo Y.
    3. Both Corocoro and Get TV compared the boxart Groudon and Kyogre to the original designs of them.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    i think they will show things like some of the berries that are not found in XY and some layout of the region.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • 1. The Groudon and Kyogre look different on the boxart of ORAS than their original designs. It would not make sense if these were just special designs for boxart.
    2. The Japanese website said these Groidon and Kyogre are 'never before seen Pokemon'. This was also said to B/W-Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo Y.
    3. Both Corocoro and Get TV compared the boxart Groudon and Kyogre to the original designs of them.

Well, I think they look exactly the same. The only difference is that they are highlighted at some parts of their body compared to the original design and that can't possibly be their mega since a mega would have been a bit more extreme.

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    I just want to see some gameplay, I'd love to see Hoenn in 3D.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Well, I think they look exactly the same. The only difference is that they are highlighted at some parts of their body compared to the original design and that can't possibly be their mega since a mega would have been a bit more extreme.

Yes I agree. That's why I think these are rather unimportant forms than Mega Evolutions. Xerneas and Keldeo have such forms. GF must stay away from Groudon and Kyogre and leave them as they are. I don't care if this is only for marketing purposes.

Back on topic, I think Mega Lati@s will be revealed in CoroCoro. This issue is going to be a 'legendary scoop'. It was also recently revealed Mega Evolution - act II is airing soon. This episode could feauture Mega Lati@s.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

I agree, they may not be mega's but they are alternate forms. Alternate forms aren't all drastic changes. Look at Burmy and Wormadam, Shellos and Gastrodon, Meowstic, and Aegislash. They were pretty much identical body types with very small adjustments to create alternate forms/form differences.

I don't think these are highlights like how Reshiram, Zekrom, Black Kyurem, and White Kyurem occassionally light up.

Only thing highly off is Groudon's Arm. Where original art, the black lines (which should be the glowing lines in Omega) are indented with the red portions above, but the glowing parts are above or equal with the red parts in the Omega Art work. The arm on the Omega Groudon looks a little different as it looks as if there's an extension to complete the omega symbol which should not be able to be seen if Groudon's arm was remain unchanged while in that post. His spikes get a color change from white to blackish, His tail looks like it may be missing a fin spike on the end. They look more spaced out but that's probably an oversight.

Kyogre has noticeable changes. The tail flaps are different. They have a ribbon down the center of each one. He gains a tattoo on his head which wasn't there before and that tattoo joins with lines from his already existing spots. His two major fins had alterations to the symbols. Where as they were like Nazca lines before, they are more filled I guess you can say. The artwork is similar, but they aren't 100% the same pattern and its a different kind of filling than with Groudon. Kinda looks like he has plasma turbines on his fins.

They are definitely form changes, though this doesn't particularly mean much as there are many aesthetic form changes even with Gamefreak insisting that the form changes are stronger in power.

Years
  • Just based off of the box art, I think they'd fit more as alternate forms. In X and Y, mega evolutions were such a huge component to the game that they may be trying to continue that feature past Kalos. Even if they planned to keep it region exclusive before hand, Megalutions were a resounding success. I won't blame them if they find a way to put new Mega evolutions into ORAS, even with timeline inconsistencies.

Years
  • Just based off of the box art, I think they'd fit more as alternate forms. In X and Y, mega evolutions were such a huge component to the game that they may be trying to continue that feature past Kalos. Even if they planned to keep it region exclusive before hand, Megalutions were a resounding success. I won't blame them if they find a way to put new Mega evolutions into ORAS, even with timeline inconsistencies.
    I'm sure they'll find a way around it. Like Kalos had some connection with the Hoenn region in the distant past or something.

22 days until E3. If they reveal anything I imagine Corocoro will have the same infomation.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm thinking they will just reveal the new Megas, Brendan and May's (hopefully) updated artworks, and obviously Hoenn in 3D, like everyone wanted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back