• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Pokémon game. I've been watching the trailers too many times and scouting out for gameplay with no control over spoiling myself. XD

I've always been excited for new generations, but never this much! Even when the games were released in Japan early in the past, I hadn't spoiled myself so much and was more patient but somehow it's hard with the worldwide release. Just three more days!

Years
    I am literally so excited, moreso than for any previous Pokemon game. I cannot wait to play!

GAME e-mailed me to say that my pre-order is being "processed" Quit with the ******** and just send me my game jeez

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Haha, just saw an advert for Pokemon X/Y on TV. It's the first one I've seen I believe, and they even tried to tie in the 2DS into it. :3

As for the question, I was pretty pumped even though I played the Japanese version early. I was really excited for Soul Silver too I believe; not so much for Platinum but still quite excited. c: The earliest I was excited for a game was Ruby/Sapphire, as I can remember reading about it in a magazine before release. I can't remember when G/S wasn't out tbh lol, although I can remember buying Pokemon Crystal. :)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    The sat time I was excited for a game, was actually last year. I just had to buy Black 2, it looked so awesome! But my excitement for Y can't be described in words, this is going to be awesome and we only have 3 more days to go! I was also very excited for Diamond and Pearl, but I spoiled everything there was for me. This time, I've only seen 46 Pokémon and I would like to keep it that way until the big day.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think I may have been a tad bit more excited around the time B/W released in Japan. They were my first, completely new generation games for me since Silver/Gold (I can't count 4th gen games as I already knew quite a bit about them before I purchased them, and I did so maybe a year or so late.) I was so excited that I imported a Japanese copy when it first came out because I couldn't bear to wait until the US release. I didn't bother doing this with B/W2 though, for whatever reason. And with X/Y, well it's hard to compare since it's got a simultaneous release this time. I've had so much spoiled for me that I think my excitement has died down a little bit, though, not enough that I'm not completely and utterly excited still hehe.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    Last time i was this excited to play a pokemon game was when fire red came out. I still remember going to the store with my mom to pick it up. that was in 2004, i was 9 years old. ohh those times, so many memories coming up right now. I still remember exactly how my father didn't give crap about my charmander evolving :P.
    I hope i'm going to enjoy X & Y just as much as i enjoyed playing fire red back then

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I have never been hyped for a Pokemon game before. This is due to the fact that I am only 16 years old and all the other Pokemon games I have picked up, just by seeing them standing on the shelfs and I have never followed a release so closely as this one.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Hmmm, I never actually got the chance to have my own Pokémon game, even though it's something I've wanted since I was 6.

So... how hyped am I? Take a guess.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    Workersat GAME in the UK get pokemon x and y today...jealous, as i applied to work there

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    Guys... I woke up today and saw a package. They have already I sent me Pokemon Y!! Im from the UK and ordered it from Tesco.. Problem is I'm working till 10pm today :( can't wait to get home !!

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I'm hyped as hell, everytime I spoil myself plot, game, new mons and everything else. This time around, no spoilers, no leaks, just what was officially released.

In three days, I will have no social life anymore. :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Omaigoshhh. Omgomgomg. JUST 3 MORE DAYS (for my timezone). EXCITED. D: But...there's no point of me being excited... I won't be able to play it until a 3DS emulator and a digital copy of X&Y are made. I do hope they'll be available soon. The idea of missing out on all these makes me extremely jealous :| I guess I am just super excited for the whole idea of X&Y. I've never been so excited and hyped over a Pokemon game until now! When I finally get to play it, I'll be expecting amazing gameplay and nothing less. Anticipatinggggg

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Guys... I woke up today and saw a package. They have already I sent me Pokemon Y!! Im from the UK and ordered it from Tesco.. Problem is I'm working till 10pm today :( can't wait to get home !!

So jealous! Fancy sending it off to me here in Sweden? I'm sure you won't mind. :p

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Omaigoshhh. Omgomgomg. JUST 3 MORE DAYS (for my timezone). EXCITED. D: But...there's no point of me being excited... I won't be able to play it until a 3DS emulator and a digital copy of X&Y are made. I do hope they'll be available soon. The idea of missing out on all these makes me extremely jealous :| I guess I am just super excited for the whole idea of X&Y. I've never been so excited and hyped over a Pokemon game until now! When I finally get to play it, I'll be expecting amazing gameplay and nothing less. Anticipatinggggg
    Why not just a buy a 3DS/2DS like everyone else and actually support Game Freak?

Fortunately, there won't be a 3DS emulator, at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    It feels quite surreal that were only 3 days away from a new generation of pokémon. I definitely very exited for the new games, and it will give me a chance to touch my dusty old 3DS again.

Then again, considering I hated most of gen 5 maybe I'm just happy to see the series try with a different approach.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    OMG so apparently Amazon is already shipping my copy of the game and...
    IT SHOULD ARRIVE TOMORROW???!!!! Seriously hyped!!
    Please dont disappoint me now Amazon

Spoiler:

Years
    I honestly have never been excited for a Pokemon game as much as I am now. This is due in large part that the last time I was real excited was for Ruby/Sapphire because everyone had it except me! I got it for my 7th birthday I believe and it was fantastic! Other than that, whenever a new release came out (especially B/W), in the months before it came out I would stop paying attention to Pokemon for some reason so I was not hyped until like I gained interest again (albeit after the release) and picked up a copy.

Also, I have never ever ever looked at spoilers or leaks for Pokemon ever (mostly due to the fact that I stop paying attention to the games a lot before they comes out), so going into this game headfirst without a ton of info about the games will feel awesome.

Only 3 days to go and I have a lot to do within those days so I will be ready Saturday morning to go pick up my copy and start a brand new adventure.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    OMG so apparently Amazon is already shipping my copy of the game and...
    IT SHOULD ARRIVE TOMORROW???!!!! Seriously hyped!!
    Please dont disappoint me now Amazon

Spoiler:

THis is why I hate living in a small city well away from everything. Game dispatched yesterday- won't arrive until Friday! ;-;

I am excited nonetheless- will just avoid PC as best as I can! {XD}

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    THis is why I hate living in a small city well away from everything. Game dispatched yesterday- won't arrive until Friday! ;-;

I am excited nonetheless- will just avoid PC as best as I can! {XD}

Haha yeah its hard to avoid Spoilers if they are right there xD
    Even if i get it on friday and tomorrow, thats still fine. Im just even more hyped now :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back